Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Epic Songs

Epic Songs

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 12th, 2010, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 72.00 Points

I'm not a fan of the music video, but the song is awesome.

My other favorite Song. Obviously Coheed & Cambria are my favorite band.

Post July 13th, 2010, 1:34 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by GerstlCrazy
Every beat he has is refreshingly killer. But I have a feeling no one else will agree with this post, lol.

YOU. ARE. A. WHITE. KID. FROM. MINNESOTA!

God damn it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 16th, 2010, 2:37 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Haha, I don't care buddy. I like his music and music from a lot of other rappers. You act like I'm doing something wrong or causing people distress... so be quiet now [;)]

Post July 16th, 2010, 4:18 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Haha, I don't care buddy. I like his music and music from a lot of other rappers. You act like I'm doing something wrong or causing people distress... so be quiet now [;)]

First off don't tell me to be quiet that never works and it exasperates any problem tenfold.

I find it annoying when people listen to a musical genre that embraces paying off a Cadillac Escalade by being a pimp or whatever and using welfare money, all while exclaiming that said individual glorifying the Escalade situation is awesome. It's nice that you're all sheltered in Minnesota (real notoriously bad area there bwahahaha) and everything but I think songs that glorify an area where you need to check your front lawn for heroine needles before you let your kids play on it is kinda a bad thing. Then again you've never had to deal with anything like that before so you wouldn't know since they leave little details like that out of their songs and substitute them with "mah foe-foe make sure all yo' kids don't grow!" (foe-foe is "forty-four" referring to the gun in the dumbass accent). This rapper asshole is just another dumbass boasting about himself over an ostinato.

Most of the people that listen to this poop end up like Lewis13 where they have to post a thread because they think black people are going to shank them or something in the Six Flags Magic Mountain parking lot, and on the way to the park they're probably blasting the same poop in the car stereo while wearing a white hat at a 45 degree angle that has one of those shitty giant gold stickers on the underside of the brim.

Buying this poop is part of a gigantic problem I don't see going away. Everyone I've talked to that lives in an area like that (I don't, I just worked in one) absolutely HATES that kind of music and would like it to go away. In the words of a man I used to work with named Doug "These kids ain't getting their ass in the college school because this music tells them don't". So to respond to your original claim, yes you are in fact causing people distress indirectly by purchasing that horrible "music" known as rap. Honestly most of the time they don't even bother to rhyme anymore and you still buy that poop?

Post July 16th, 2010, 5:09 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2010, 8:34 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Just a couple songs I like to listen to these days...

Post July 16th, 2010, 10:41 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by Vid_w

poop video quality, but, Wolves fans do it better! [lol]:

Speaking of Wolves, this song is used on a lot of their official DVD's and other such things, I liked it so much that I downloaded it and actually paid for it [lol] Wolves use the song from 2:20 onwards and use loops from it, but yeah, it's pretty awesome:

And also, the song used on this video, which is very good at doing what it was intended to do, esepcially as it reaches it's climax:

Weird song that I wouldn't listen to otherwise, but along with the memories the contents of the video holds for me, brings a tear to the old eyes everytime at 2:10 onwards to the end of the video. So for that reason, for me this song is pretty epic. Although without the sentiment of the video itself, most of you probably wouldn't think so [lol]

Post July 16th, 2010, 12:09 pm

Points on hand: 108.00 Points

Anything from Sir Lucious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty

Big Boi is a murderer. And I love Janelle and Radric so I was thrilled to see some collaboration =)

Every beat he has is refreshingly killer. But I have a feeling no one else will agree with this post, lol.

I agree that entire album is amazing. Not to mention everything he has done with Andre 3K. Best hip/hop I have heard since The Dreams Love V. Money.

Post July 16th, 2010, 12:15 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Great more dumb assholes.

Post July 16th, 2010, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
lol more rap fans. Get some decent taste you lot. If you guys like rap you might want to listen to Rap Metal. Otherwise, get a life outside of the fake jewelry industry.

Post July 16th, 2010, 1:10 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Rap was decent when it started, but it just goes downhill with every new song released.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post July 16th, 2010, 1:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2010, 3:27 pm
stevecoaster User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,031.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2010, 3:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2010, 4:30 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

Jake, that is epic. love. Awesome.

But as for the rap schtuff, I can agree with pretty much everything you said. No, I don't think that ALL rap is poop, though 99.9% of it is. There are a very select few groups that I do listen to. I like the music behind hip hop and rap just because it can be relaxing on a long drive, but so many times the lyrics just piss me off. They are so arrogant, ignorant, and 99% of the time either derogatory to women or about poppin' caps in peoples' asses. Who does that? I mean, I be irritated that you threw a bottle cap at my ass, but what effect did it really have on me? ;)

Anyway, here's a little something to make up for Gerst's stupidity in his 'rap' choice.

Atmosphere is more hip hop than rap, but most of the time that's a thin ass line. And it comes with a cheezy little video! Just thought it'd be better than a blank screen.

And one from Living Legends. This is rap. However, they don't degrade women, blast about their Caddies, bling, or spout ignorance.

And back to the genre of my heart, metal. Possibly my favorite song ever, by any band. We can speak the obsession, we can live the endless.

I have an exteremely diverse liking in music. I like damn near everything. God, I'm even starting to like Country. LOL But I digress, enjoy the songs.

Post July 16th, 2010, 4:33 pm
WES User avatar

Points on hand: 1,732.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2010, 5:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

First off don't tell me to be quiet that never works and it exasperates any problem tenfold.

I find it annoying when people listen to a musical genre that embraces paying off a Cadillac Escalade by being a pimp or whatever and using welfare money, all while exclaiming that said individual glorifying the Escalade situation is awesome. It's nice that you're all sheltered in Minnesota (real notoriously bad area there bwahahaha) and everything but I think songs that glorify an area where you need to check your front lawn for heroine needles before you let your kids play on it is kinda a bad thing. Then again you've never had to deal with anything like that before so you wouldn't know since they leave little details like that out of their songs and substitute them with "mah foe-foe make sure all yo' kids don't grow!" (foe-foe is "forty-four" referring to the gun in the dumbass accent). This rapper asshole is just another dumbass boasting about himself over an ostinato.

Most of the people that listen to this poop end up like Lewis13 where they have to post a thread because they think black people are going to shank them or something in the Six Flags Magic Mountain parking lot, and on the way to the park they're probably blasting the same poop in the car stereo while wearing a white hat at a 45 degree angle that has one of those shitty giant gold stickers on the underside of the brim.

Buying this poop is part of a gigantic problem I don't see going away. Everyone I've talked to that lives in an area like that (I don't, I just worked in one) absolutely HATES that kind of music and would like it to go away. In the words of a man I used to work with named Doug "These kids ain't getting their ass in the college school because this music tells them don't". So to respond to your original claim, yes you are in fact causing people distress indirectly by purchasing that horrible "music" known as rap. Honestly most of the time they don't even bother to rhyme anymore and you still buy that poop?

Epic. Epic. Win.

Also, content:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDpDYRkmmkA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yHuuBZgif0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d9thIPddFw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5YGc4zOqozo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0
Originally posted by dcs221
\n"they see me trollin', they hatin'..." -Omnigeek6

Chamillionaire you are not...but white and nerdy, yes.

Post July 16th, 2010, 8:39 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Aw, Ckid, you're right! Thanks for spending that time. I won't listen to any rap now!

Post July 16th, 2010, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points

Post July 16th, 2010, 10:33 pm

Points on hand: 108.00 Points
^ He needs to get his fists out of the beibers gapping asshole.

Post July 16th, 2010, 10:39 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
vagina*
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post July 16th, 2010, 10:56 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Aw, Ckid, you're right! Thanks for spending that time. I won't listen to any rap now!

I'm glad you know better.

Originally posted by defender110

^ He needs to get his fists out of the beibers gapping asshole.

Gapping? What?

Post July 16th, 2010, 11:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post July 16th, 2010, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post July 16th, 2010, 11:19 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

at least 15 years after the fact . more like almost 20 ..
this did it .. i usually dont like live footsge of a band who's time of influence has passed . but er.. i think it cant get better than this ..

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion