Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Expedition Everest!

Expedition Everest!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post January 10th, 2005, 12:58 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

It also has to do with accuracy and different tollerances that different coaster manufactures allow. For instance if you pay close attention to Vekoma rides, you will notice that the upstop and sidestop (I don't know if that is the right term but oh well) wheels quite often don't actually touch the track. On the Vekoma junior suspended coasters you can actually reach up and spin the wheels while you board the train in the station.

Post January 10th, 2005, 1:58 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
yeah.. that makes it very bumpy. and i think the term you ment was upstop and guide wheels.

upstop keep it from flying up

guide wheels guide it along the track

damn.. i forgot the ones that go on top of the track lol.. i think it's road wheels?

Post January 10th, 2005, 7:31 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

^ i said 25k, I wasn't thinking strait, and I meant 25 million, I'm just correcting it now, cuz now i'm back on the comp.

Post January 10th, 2005, 7:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
FN is correct. Wether the wheels are on the inside or outside, it makes no difference. If Vekoma put them on the inside, but tightened them up and used their new trackwork, it would be as smooth as anything else.

Want proof it works? Ride Tennessee Tornado. Was smoother than Raptor, and its made by Arrow ;)

Post January 10th, 2005, 8:40 pm

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points

Post January 10th, 2005, 9:25 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points

Post January 11th, 2005, 12:23 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Raptor is smooth. The cobra, depending upon seat, is the only real rough spot. The trains need a rehab because 2 of the 3 trains had a vibration, but only before you entered the first wingover, one train however was smooth.

In the cobra, entering it, front seat gives a shove. Exiting, in the back, its actually not bad. Its only the entrance. Again though, considering it was the first cobra on an invert, it could be alot worse.

And the ending turn? Dont tell me its rough, its not. You people just dont know how to ride. Ever see those signs "Keep head back"?? Yea, if you do, you head doesnt MOVE virtually the entire ride. People though put their head out, afraid of the restraints and because of this they have nothing but their sheer neck and back muscles to work against the forces, instead of having the seat back.

Silly people ;) (Btw, try that if you havent. It always works - apply slight pressure to seat back in cobra and ending turn, its all good)

Reguardless, Tennessee Tornado was almost beyond smooth. I enjoyed it more than Montu, which was abit on the boring side. Even if TT is half the ride, it was more intense and oddly fun.

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions