Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Family Guy or Simpsons?

Family Guy or Simpsons?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Family Guy or Simpsons?

Family Guy
43%
Simpsons
57%

Total votes : 77

Post February 3rd, 2005, 4:50 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

meh mfamily guy has such a [r] voice. Simpsons still win in my opinion.

Post February 3rd, 2005, 8:18 pm

Points on hand: 5,993.00 Points

Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap

meh mfamily guy has such a [r] voice.

Meh ...

Post February 4th, 2005, 8:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,530.00 Points
Southpark ROCKS, but Simpsons blows family guy away.

Post February 4th, 2005, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Family Guy is more original. But then again Simpsons has generated more laughs. Ah theyre both great lol

Post February 4th, 2005, 8:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post February 5th, 2005, 2:52 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points

Post May 18th, 2006, 11:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,141.00 Points

Post May 19th, 2006, 12:22 am

Points on hand: 68.00 Points

Post May 19th, 2006, 12:41 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

the simpsons..well.. i don't really watch t.v. but i'ts my favorite show.. i still remember, long before the simpsons , matt groening cartoons like life in hell , shark mountain , and a bunch of other stuff. when the show came out i was floored.. i don't really watch tv, so when it came out my sister had to point it out to me..the family guy is .. wel o.k. i wouldn't come right out and call it a simpson's rip off, but i fel as if it couldnt make it other wise.. \ sometimes i just think of the family guy as a simpsons for dummies. there were times when the simpsons went beyond tshirt slogans an wind up doll quotes. wheras the family guy tyries really hard to hit the frat boy spring break, girls gone wild , show us you tits , ugly american dipshit .haha stuff. i really tried to watch family guy, and it made me laugh my ass off.. but wheras the simpsons nade me laugh in an ironic.. "ohhh my god , more than 99% of the idiodic marines and sailors in this room didn't get that joke " kind of way.. the familly guy is like' haha.. eeehhhhh that was too lame and base " kind of way.. like a half hour fart joke.. even the "stewie hates his mom " stuff is like just not really thought provokingly funny ... and i think the intellectual dog stuff is just as lame as mr ed.

Post May 19th, 2006, 1:46 am

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
i dont think family guy is funny at all

they try too hard IMO

Post May 19th, 2006, 2:09 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Originally posted by hyperdude

they try too hard IMO
`preeeeecisely.. it's like the people who made it said ..":ok. the simpsons is popular, but the status quo doesn't get it and they're pissed, so lets give them something they understand , but lets make them think that it's heavy' i actualy think family guy is sorta funny..but i can't explain it but "tries tooo hard' definately comes to mind. simpsons =- hahahahahhhaahahhhahhhahahahahah .. ofh poop hahahahhahhahahahhaahhaahahah.. family guy = haha.. ummm.. he.. ha.. haha..um.. yeah.. i get it,but so does everyone else.. but um do you really need such established h0ward sternesque gags to make it funny.. oh , wait, i see who likes it.. i guess oh, wait, not funny.. i guess for me the funniest part of the simpsons was watching stupid rednecks not getting the funniest part.... with the family guy.. it's funny but even the idiots get it.

Post May 19th, 2006, 3:27 am

Points on hand: 3,853.00 Points

Post May 19th, 2006, 9:51 am

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I like both of them I really like the simpsons and family Guy but I think that family Guy is more of an adult comany because of the humor and the lange on it and the vaine but is is still funny I also like American dad that is another really good show to watch to but it is an adult commay to because of the viance and the lange and the theme on that show but is still really good and funny to watch. I also like king of the hill that is another really good show on fox it is on every day and so are the simpsons I have the simpsons first session on DVD and I laugh at that all the time I watch it I used to like futreroma that was another really good show I watched it when I was in VA on cartoon network and I thought that it was fuuny I used to watch that show everytime it was on fox it was fuuny becuse it was form the guy who made the Simpson's. I thought that this years family guy was really funny and really good I also liked the simpsons this year to they both were funny I can'nt wait to see next sessions family guy and the simsons I also liked macine in the middle it was another really good show to watch I am a little upset that this year was the last year for that show I enjoyed watching the family get older and get into more trouble every year but I still like the simpsons and family guy they are my farort commaies on fox.

Post May 19th, 2006, 10:21 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Yea. Alot of the humor on the Simpsons is quite intelligent and theres still things I pick up after watching the same episodes over and over but after Ive learned something new.

Family Guy is funny but not in the same way. Its more vulgar and relies on that type of humor more than on smart humor.

Post May 19th, 2006, 1:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,409.00 Points

Post May 20th, 2006, 9:58 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

simpsons are old, but they're still good. Family Guy is funny but its just so stupid

Post May 20th, 2006, 12:04 pm

Stewie has killed Bart 1,000 different ways ... no contest.

Post May 20th, 2006, 12:07 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
both of them are pretty lame shows. . if you wanna see good tv watch disney channel pahaha[:)]

Post May 20th, 2006, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

Post May 20th, 2006, 3:20 pm

Heh, drummerkid ... try switching to shows that aren't rated Y7. [lol]

Post May 20th, 2006, 4:21 pm

Points on hand: 1,600.00 Points
Originally posted by jayman

Originally posted by hyperdude

they try too hard IMO
`preeeeecisely.. it's like the people who made it said ..":ok. the simpsons is popular, but the status quo doesn't get it and they're pissed, so lets give them something they understand , but lets make them think that it's heavy' i actualy think family guy is sorta funny..but i can't explain it but "tries tooo hard' definately comes to mind. simpsons =- hahahahahhhaahahhhahhhahahahahah .. ofh poop hahahahhahhahahahhaahhaahahah.. family guy = haha.. ummm.. he.. ha.. haha..um.. yeah.. i get it,but so does everyone else.. but um do you really need such established h0ward sternesque gags to make it funny.. oh , wait, i see who likes it.. i guess oh, wait, not funny.. i guess for me the funniest part of the simpsons was watching stupid rednecks not getting the funniest part.... with the family guy.. it's funny but even the idiots get it.

thats how i see it

some times i smirk at family guy but that's about the limit on the humor factor

its really weird tho, everyone at my school absolutely loves family guy, it seems as tho i'm the only one that doesn't, and they also all love dane cook, i dont think hes funny at all

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion