Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Favorite coaster company?

Favorite coaster company?

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Favorite coaster company?

B&M
33%
Intamin AG
33%
Arrow Dynamics
1%
Great Coasters International
1%
Gerstlauter
No votes
Togo
1%
Premier
No votes
Vekoma
14%
Maurer Sohne
1%
Other...(If other please post your favorite)
13%

Total votes : 69

Post January 16th, 2008, 1:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
ah this sucks, im new to the coaster world so i don't know very much in the way of how different manufacturers rides are and what their supports look like, it's so depressing, but i do like b&m so thats what i voted

Post January 17th, 2008, 7:36 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Intamin, because I love B&M coasters but they can be too... I dunno, they can be too engineered, whereas, the modern Intamin coasters still have that slight roughness to them, that the B&M coasters just don't.

AND, anything B&M can do, Intamin can do better! [:D] plus I just love Rocket Coasters

Post January 17th, 2008, 9:29 am

Points on hand: 2,481.00 Points

Originally posted by gouldy

Intamin, because I love B&M coasters but they can be too... I dunno, they can be too engineered, whereas, the modern Intamin coasters still have that slight roughness to them, that the B&M coasters just don't.

AND, anything B&M can do, Intamin can do better! [:D] plus I just love Rocket Coasters

how is it bad that B&M's are so smooth? [confused] i really like that! [approve][:D]

and i agree with a couple of people when they say that vekoma's slc and boomerang are the most popular designs in the world... there's gotta be hundreds of them!!! (both the slc and boomerang) [;)]

Post January 17th, 2008, 12:45 pm

Points on hand: 67.00 Points
I very seldom post here, yet I am shocked and disheartened to see that Schwarzkoph coasters has not even figured in this debate. True, much of the company's activity died alongside Anton, yet if the defunct company of Arrow Dynamics is present, then surely Schwarzkoph should be also?

Here is the company that brought the world the first vertical loop, the first launched coaster, and consistently some of the best flowing and intensest rides in the world. Whilst its contemporary Arrow loopers and to an extent even the B&M rides of today often strike, me as being a series of connected elements, Schwarzkoph coasters were always designed with the whole ride in mind, and thus the pacing of the rides is unmatched even today. They also incidentally had the coolest looking trains.

And to get a sense of propriety, whilst B&M came out of Intamin, Intamin in turn essentially originated from Schwarzkoph. So the company is the father of these two present day giants.

Post January 17th, 2008, 1:53 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Originally posted by DreamLines

And to get a sense of propriety, whilst B&M came out of Intamin, Intamin in turn essentially originated from Schwarzkoph. So the company is the father of these two present day giants.

Three. You forgot Gerstlauer.

Post January 26th, 2008, 10:09 am

Points on hand: 3,805.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
lol, i love rocket coasters as well, but there should be a coaster like kingda ka, but it launches you once with deliberately not enough force, so you get that awesome rollback feeling, then launches you at the right speed to get over, that would rock.

Post January 26th, 2008, 11:30 am

Points on hand: 2,204.00 Points

How about building multi looping coasters. Or coasters that open on time and don't break down fifty times in the first year.

Post February 9th, 2008, 1:13 am

Points on hand: 1,553.00 Points
Originally posted by coasterguy77

Toro and Maverick got me hooked on Intamin!

Exactly! My top 5 coasters are all Intamin.

1- El Toro
2- Maverick
3- Kingda Ka
4- Millennium Force
5- Top Thrill Dragster

So Intamin definitely dominates.

Post February 9th, 2008, 1:18 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by blackhand1001

coasters that open on time and don't break down fifty times in the first year.

Actually Intamin does that better, too...

Post February 9th, 2008, 1:19 am

Originally posted by blackhand1001

How about building multi looping coasters. Or coasters that open on time and don't break down fifty times in the first year.

haha [lol][:D]

and to valleyfair:

no, b&m dominates intamin! [approve]

Post February 27th, 2008, 12:34 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
b&m rides can be awesome, but redundant. they all have very very simmilar designs and are engineered perfectly. intamin i think is the best in terms of creativity, adrenaline, and ride quality. just look at SROS (sfne) and el toro, and balder, and all the LIM stuff, and kingda ka, etc. b&m rides seem to either be shaped like nitro, medusa, or batman.

edit:

okay now, really, who voted for togo? i need to hear an explaination of that. anyone who has been on a togo ride should understand that their factory needs to be destroyed, set on fire, blown up, pissed on, burned again, and thrown into the same hell that i found myself in while riding manhattan express.

Post February 27th, 2008, 1:27 am

Originally posted by coaster992001

b&m rides can be awesome, but redundant. they all have very very simmilar designs and are engineered perfectly. intamin i think is the best in terms of creativity, adrenaline, and ride quality. just look at SROS (sfne) and el toro, and balder, and all the LIM stuff, and kingda ka, etc. b&m rides seem to either be shaped like nitro, medusa, or batman.

edit:

okay now, really, who voted for togo? i need to hear an explaination of that. anyone who has been on a togo ride should understand that their factory needs to be destroyed, set on fire, blown up, pissed on, burned again, and thrown into the same hell that i found myself in while riding manhattan express.

ok i guess ill agree -- i just prefer b&m. how about that ok?

and ya i also agree with the second part... although i think thats a little to extreme... just kidding!!! [lol]

(actually, manhattan express isn't that bad... i didnt even know it was made by togo... i guess its just superior to other togos that it didnt feel like one [confused] dare i say i kinda, sorta... ?LIKE? Manhattan Express [;)] ) *ducks and covers, preparing for an onslaught of random objects and angry comments* [:D]

Post February 27th, 2008, 12:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,490.00 Points
I'm also a huge fan of Schwarzkopf. As much as I like B&M, there's something about a Schwarzkopf coaster that edges them out in my book.

Another company I particularly like is Mack GmbH, as strange as that might sound ...

Post February 27th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Post February 27th, 2008, 2:43 pm
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Schwarzkopf is also a very good manufacturer..so i've heard.
I only did one (Turbine) and I was surprised how awesome it really was... I thought of it as a big rust pile and it was ([:P]) but the ride still kicked ass, the g's in the loop were just amazing.

Intamin also scores high with me...with Goliath standing out...OMFG that's one hell of a coaster...and I didn't even do all those major ones in the US, they only look better and better now.

As for B&M...I actually never rode one yet and they seeme very cool to me, but they're just missing something that I think Intamins do have. I don't know what it is.

And well Vekoma...I love the nostalgic ones and the newer rides...it's great how they're innovating since the last couple of years.

Ow and last but not least..GCI..
OMFG, Troy, do I have to say anything more? ;)

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion