Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Favorite coaster of all time!

Favorite coaster of all time!

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 3rd, 2014, 6:56 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:
Nitro is the only fantastic B&M Ive ridden besides Behemoth. The former is SCREAMING for a paint job though

Which B&Ms have you been on?? Raging Bull, Kraken, Manta, Dragons, SHEIKRA, all absolutely perfect creations... I can only think of a small handful of B&Ms around the world that I would not be interested in riding!

Post September 3rd, 2014, 12:51 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
So far... I think my favorite coaster of all time is Sheikra <3 Over SFMM, CP, IOA, SFoG, KD, KI (2014), SFGAm, CW, PC, PGA, HW, BGE, KW, Waldameer, KBF,SFO... other parks I cant think of XD.

It was my first dive coaster and griffon doesn't have that terrifying view of nothing but a right angle with the flat FL horizon. It is a view you can only going up the lift, if you've ridden it you know what I mean. Sheikra is way scarier than it looks. If you have the choice, this needs to be your first dive coaster. Griffin will ruin it -_-

Post September 3rd, 2014, 1:03 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Great Lists people!
Last edited by Blase Rhine on June 11th, 2015, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post September 3rd, 2014, 1:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Coaster Hero wrote:
Nitro is the only fantastic B&M Ive ridden besides Behemoth. The former is SCREAMING for a paint job though

Which B&Ms have you been on?? Raging Bull, Kraken, Manta, Dragons, SHEIKRA, all absolutely perfect creations... I can only think of a small handful of B&Ms around the world that I would not be interested in riding!

I think he meant out of the hypers.

Post September 3rd, 2014, 4:50 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Coaster Hero wrote:

Haven't been on any of those unfortunately :|

Also, add Dominator to the list of above average B&M's. It really is quite forceful for a B&M and even more so for a B&M floorless.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post September 3rd, 2014, 9:27 pm

LuckyK wrote:
I think my favorite coaster of all time is Sheikra <3

It was my first dive coaster and griffon doesn't have that terrifying view of nothing but a right angle with the flat FL horizon. It is a view you can only going up the lift, if you've ridden it you know what I mean. Sheikra is way scarier than it looks. If you have the choice, this needs to be your first dive coaster. Griffin will ruin it -_-

Wowza, just when I thought I would never like you again, you turn out to be perfect.

Post September 3rd, 2014, 10:01 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Projektion wrote:
Coaster Hero wrote:
^Nitro is a masterpiece, and shows that Six Flags can actually make a great custom coaster once in a while. In my opinion it's the best of the B&M hypers as the airtime is spread out through the whole ride. I agree with you, Nitro is the only fantastic B&M Ive ridden besides Behemoth.

You need to get on Shambhala.

Problem with that is that Shambhala is not exactly easily accessible for America and the UK :P

Post September 4th, 2014, 2:43 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

TTD03 wrote:
Problem with that is that Shambhala is not exactly easily accessible for America and the UK :P

I agree for the US, but it's very easy to get to from the UK.

Traveling within the European Union is very similar to traveling within the US, because countries within the EU are seen almost as if they are just one big country with regards to traveling across them - no passport controls at boarders etc.

Heck, you can even catch the train there if you want... don't get me wrong, it'd be an absolute twat of a train journey, but you could do it if you wanted :lol:

Post September 4th, 2014, 10:42 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 16,633.00 Points
i don't have a favorite roller coaster, but i do have a favorite water ride.

Post September 4th, 2014, 10:56 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

....Are you going to tell us what it is, or are we supposed to guess?

And, how does a coaster enthusiast go about not having a favourite coaster?

Post September 5th, 2014, 10:31 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post November 30th, 2014, 8:29 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
My favorite coaster of all time is Goliath at Six Flags Great America. I love everything about that coaster. It has some extreme positive-Gs and airtime. The drop and zero-g stall are my favorite parts. I don't mind it being a short ride because the intensity makes up for it. However, I will be going to Cedar Point in 2015, and I have a feeling that Millennium, Maverick, or Dragster may take my new #1 spot.

Post November 30th, 2014, 9:13 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Leviathan is my favorite. The drop is just so amazing.

Wicked Cyclone will probably take that spot once it opens.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post November 30th, 2014, 11:33 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Expedition Everest (The theme behind it and the detail take it over the top for me.)

Subfavorite Coaster that's not Everest? The Voyage (#Airtime) [Even though I can't feel the airtime anymore :lol: ]

Thunderbird will probably claim it's #1 spot for me, I mean Come on, my home park, It's B&M's first LSM, 140ft Immelmann (Favorite Element, even before it was announced.) and It's a Wing Coaster.

Post November 30th, 2014, 11:59 am

Points on hand: 1,494.00 Points
Bank: 1,989.00 Points
For me the best roller coaster is Expediton Geforce at Holiday Park for sure: beautiful airtime, fast pacing, an intense drop... What do you want more?
Launched: Karacho at Tripsdrill. Strong launch, strong forces, nice inversions
Wood: Colossos at Heide Park

Post November 30th, 2014, 12:17 pm
Paradox User avatar

Boulder Dash is insane. The airtime never ends and going really fast through the woods on a mountain is amazing. It also maintains a small bit of that wooden roughness on the turnaround which for some reason I love. The only thing I don't like about the ride is the PTC's I hate PTC's in general though.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post June 10th, 2015, 8:43 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
As of this afternoon, Maverick at Cedar Point is my new favorite coaster. This coaster is just insane. Extreme positive-Gs throughout, one awesome ejector air moment, and it rides very comfortably with the soft restraints. No roller coaster is perfect, but this is almost as good as it gets.

Post June 10th, 2015, 8:54 pm

Millennium Force... it's astounding. The grace and the airtime and fluidity of the layout, ugh.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 10th, 2015, 9:00 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Magnum, because it tries to kill me. Maverick is a close second but I prefer the repeated ejection over twisting around.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 10th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Points on hand: 4,033.00 Points
Balder. Still the most extreme airtime on the planet, yet butter smooth and so re ridable that I became obsessed and rode it 22 times in one visit.
Intamin: The Force Awakens.

Post June 11th, 2015, 12:19 am

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points
23 times here :P

But my favorite coaster is in the same park. Helix
Yes....

Post June 11th, 2015, 6:10 am

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
What is the best coaster I've been on (if I were to judge without any sentimental bias whatsoever)? One only has to look at my avatar to find out the answer to that. T Express, far and away. Among all of the roller coasters that I have ever ridden, I don't even think there's any sort of competition whatsoever! T Express just has inconceivably powerful airtime, quick banking transitions, a LOT of sustained speed (contrary to what one might presume in third person), a really long layout, great theming, and perfect location (I don't even use the word "perfect" a lot either).

But my favorite coaster (if I did take into account sentimental bias) would be Space Shuttle, the Vekoma Boomerang at my home park Enchanted Kingdom. I pretty much know that roller coaster like the back of my hand, and as such, I've grown very fond of it. But a lot of parts, like the sudden forward drop, "organic-feeling" cobra roll and backwards loop, still get me every time. It's a LOT of fun and it always will be for me! I've made a lot of memories with family and friends on the Space Shuttle. Not to mention it was my first ever large coaster and the ride that really got me into roller coasters in the first place.
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post June 11th, 2015, 9:19 am
Paradox User avatar

Wood: Boulder Dash!

Steel: Wicked Cyclone!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post June 11th, 2015, 11:18 am

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Steel: Intimidator 305 is one of the best coasters ever made (maybe the best). The drop is very intense in the back, the sustained positive g's are absolutely psychotic, it's glass smooth, the new restraints are very comfortable, it's insanely paced, the airtime is pretty decent (a bit under-rated), and the cable lift at 17 mph 305 feet up is absolutely terrifying (and this is coming from a seasoned coaster enthusiast who has been on Kingda Ka many many times. Also El Toro which also has a cable lift). Ugh, I wish I were on it right now. I would trade every looper at Gadv for that monster

Wood: El Toro. The layout is the best of both worlds, both twisty and a lot of consecutive airtime hills. The cable lift is also invigorating, but not as much as I305 (it's only 3 mph slower at near/around 14 mph but it doesn't feel nearly as fast, plus unfortunately the really slow it down at the top recently). The drop is fantastic and the first 2 airtime hills staple you to your lapbar. After the turnaround and the turning airtime hill there's this not-so-big (and often overlooked) airtime hill that doesn't have too much noticeable air, but you get a tremendous sense of speed flying through the structure/headchopper. There's this absolutely mental airtime hill after that, like nothing else. It feels like if you weren't wearing a lap bar you'd fly out of Plaza Del Carnival and off to the Golden Kingdom how intense it is. Then it has the nice sustained positive g's through the twister section and a few last pops of airtime. I couldn't ask for a better wooden (though if this thing was as secluded as The Beast and blended in with the trees like Boulder Dash, this would have the potential to be the best coaster in the world period.) and I often say that El Toro is the best move Gadv has ever made.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post June 11th, 2015, 10:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,849.00 Points
Steel:
1. Intimidator 305
2. Sky Rush
3. Bizarro
4. Twisted Colossus
5. Millenium Force

Wood:
1. El Toro
2. Phoenix
3. Boulder Dash
4. Gold Striker
5. Thunderhead

California has really stepped up their coaster game with Twisted Colossus and Gold Striker. I'm very much looking forward to the I-Box Roar in 2016!

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions