Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Favorite Coaster (on top 10)

Favorite Coaster (on top 10)

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Favorite Coaster (on top 10)

El Toro
16%
Superman ROS SFNE
16%
Voyage
22%
Expedition GeForce
3%
Millenium force
16%
Balder
No votes
Behemoth
3%
Ravine Flier 2
No votes
Goliath SFOG
3%
Troy
3%
I cant decide between _________ and _______ (state below)
9%
I haven't ridden any of these (frowning)
9%

Total votes : 32

Post November 21st, 2008, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
I like the straits. Plus the straits are so short it doesnt really matter. Only the drop and the first couple hils have straits. Still, i like the way it doesnt gently float you up to the harness the way perfectly curved hills do. I like it when it pops you up the same way Magnum does. I think its fun.

And speaking of straits-

THe reason millenium has that strait before the last overbank is because there used to be brakes there. I saw the peices sicking out of the track that holds the Sase of the brakes.

Post November 21st, 2008, 6:51 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
out of that list I've only ridden EGF and Troy. And to choose between them isn't too hard for me:

EGF, Why? I'm just a die-hard fan of the immense airtime on the first bunch of hills. I'd only recommended to ride this baby when it's a hot day, so you'd have so much more speed then on a cold day. (Those trims are evil, on a cold day, they Trim much stronger...)

But Troy is also very good. Awesome woody that feels like it never ends, and of course the feeling that your gaining speed during the whole ride.

Originally posted by RCT-3-Crazy

Can decide between EGF or Troy. While I like SiSta better, I think EGF without trims would be the bomb. On the other hand, Troy is way to awsome!

We did hit EGF on a bad cold day. We'll re-ride it again when the weather is much better. Then it's going strait to your No.1 [lol]
(Remember the last ride of that day? We crawled over those final hills in the poring rain! [lol])
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post November 22nd, 2008, 9:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post November 23rd, 2008, 11:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,432.00 Points
Unfortunately, the only one on the list that I've ridden is Millennium Force, so I really don't have much of a choice, now do I?

Post November 27th, 2008, 5:52 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by B and M

Originally posted by tmv8888

Originally posted by B and M

None of the above. Gotta love ozark wildcat, maverick, wildfire, and mantis.

Finally! eureka! Someone else who actually enjoys Mantis on this site besides me! I love that thing, no matter how many people here seem to hate it...

yeah but it is a little rough. Besides that its an excellent ride.

Apart from B&M's worst trains ever... Could suffer from the worst second half on a coaster next to Hulk. The space definatly was a factor but the MCB is FAR too low and the second half just meanders from side to side. The flatspin isnt even as cool as it should be. Considering how blistering the first 2/3 of the ride is, graceful and powerful the second half is HORRIBLE.

Its kinda like the movie Eagle Eye. A crazy, nonstop action thrill ride COMPLETELY derailed by a HORRIBLE ending. So much so, coupled with the trains - thats why I hate it and refuse to ride it.

Ill ride rough rides as long as the ride delivers a complete experience. I could care less then. But man, the more I think about how much speed and such is wasted on Mantis' last 1/3 the more annoyed I get.

Previous

Return to Off Topic Discussion