Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Favorite New Coaster

Favorite New Coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Favorite New Coaster

The Voyage
24%
El Toro
4%
Tatsu
15%
Golioth (SFOG)
9%
Golioth (La Ronde)
3%
Black Mamba
27%
Expedition Everest
5%
Flying Turns
1%
Kumali
1%
Patriot
No votes
Speed Monster
4%
Stealth
3%
Thunderbird
No votes
Kentucky Rumbler
3%
Speed
No votes

Total votes : 74

Post February 28th, 2006, 4:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Holy crap the voyage has a lot of airtime!! Where is holiday world anyways?

Post February 28th, 2006, 5:07 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Post February 28th, 2006, 5:14 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

My cousing was down in Orlando for a baton competition, and caught EE on a soft opening. She said it was awesome. And thats coming from a girl thats not an enthusiast! Pretty cool stuff I hear. She said they waited 70 minutes, and the Q theming was amazing.

Post February 28th, 2006, 10:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
Originally posted by BigDadyPJ

I say Black Mamba because, its the most unique one. All the other ones just seem like they took a standard coaster and added one or 2 extra elements to it and are trying to over hype it. NOT SAYING THEY ARE BAD CONCEPTS OR ARE GONNA SUCK OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, like im happy the southeast is finally getting a hypercoaster (Goliath at SFoG) and I love wooden coasters so Voyage and Toro sound like winners to me also. But Black Mamba looks like they took the extra steps to make it all their own and hard to imitate (only 2 to date, Nemesis and Black M) contrary to all the available hardcore wooden coasters and Goliaths available out there. If I had the oppurt i'd ride them all of course.

What is so new about a terrained inverted coaster? We have quite a few of those:

Montu
Nemesis
Dueling Dragons
Great Bear

It also features only one new element - a "Jr. Immelman" which isnt even an inversion but is a cool element none-the-less.

I dont see how themeing makes a ride original when the ride itself, while maybe cool, intense and crazy, isnt anything original in and of itself.

Post February 28th, 2006, 10:26 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I dunno if Black Mamba will be so good. It could be a little over the top as far as geforces are concerned. And by that I mean to many positive g's and nothing else to really let up or give you a breather. Anyone who has ridden SFMM's Goliath (and Titan is probably the same way too) will know what I mean when I say there is such things as to many positive g's.

Post February 28th, 2006, 11:44 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Black Mamba is either going to be a huge hit if it scores in the intensity area, or a complete flop if its tight turns are deceptive and the ride ends up like every other invert since 1998.

Post March 1st, 2006, 2:18 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by Real

I say Black Mamba because, its the most unique one. All the other ones just seem like they took a standard coaster and added one or 2 extra elements to it and are trying to over hype it. NOT SAYING THEY ARE BAD CONCEPTS OR ARE GONNA SUCK OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT, like im happy the southeast is finally getting a hypercoaster (Goliath at SFoG) and I love wooden coasters so Voyage and Toro sound like winners to me also. But Black Mamba looks like they took the extra steps to make it all their own and hard to imitate (only 2 to date, Nemesis and Black M) contrary to all the available hardcore wooden coasters and Goliaths available out there. If I had the oppurt i'd ride them all of course.

What is so new about a terrained inverted coaster? We have quite a few of those:

Montu
Nemesis
Dueling Dragons
Great Bear

It also features only one new element - a "Jr. Immelman" which isnt even an inversion but is a cool element none-the-less.

I dont see how themeing makes a ride original when the ride itself, while maybe cool, intense and crazy, isnt anything original in and of itself.

what terrain interaction does DuelDragons have?

Post June 3rd, 2006, 5:02 am

Points on hand: 2,506.00 Points

What About Stealth? Its a great ride. AlthoughI really want to go on The voyage, Black Mamba and Tatsu!

Post June 3rd, 2006, 6:01 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Originally posted by coolbeans326

I dunno if Black Mamba will be so good. It could be a little over the top as far as geforces are concerned. And by that I mean to many positive g's and nothing else to really let up or give you a breather. Anyone who has ridden SFMM's Goliath (and Titan is probably the same way too) will know what I mean when I say there is such things as to many positive g's.

Agree with the fact that too much positives can hurt. On DD:Fire for instance. The wrap around off the second immelman pulls some serious postives, i nearly blacked out, no joke.
And i think Black Mamba is way ovverated, well yeah. Maybe im a little bias as of Nemesis but why wouldnt i be. It has been one of the best inverts ever since opening day. And simply i dont want some wierd themed coaster, that would have been better in a jungle ([lol]lmao hyyyper)to overtake it. I do like the jnr immelman on BM though, more like a lateral whip than an inversion. Bit thats simply it.

But the Voyage, where do i start. The sheer speed of that ride is absolutely amazing, those who have seen the POV will know.
3 massive hills to start giving immence airtime. But where the ride really provails. Is the return trip.
Its just so god damn fast. On paper its not that fast, but all the trees creating a bigger sense of speed, the near misses, bunny hills, duck and dives. Lateral air-hills, more tunnels, helix's.
The absolute don-mega of all wooden coasters.

And yeah jpe's right. It without a doubt is competing with the worlds best steelies. For absolute definite.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 6:50 am

Points on hand: 89.00 Points

^You just have to tense ur back and stomach muscles then positives are fine in large doses. I remember not doing that and everything went dark for a few secs on Magnum Force after the double loops.

Anyways having seen povs of both I realised The Voyage is a truly special ride. It's like a dream. Just mastery. If GG start off this well then... WOW and If $6.5 Million can buy something like The Voyage its cheaper than the worlds best steelies. I wish woodies were more marketable.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 9:58 am

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Originally posted by hyyyper

Originally posted by Real

Montu
Nemesis
Dueling Dragons
Great Bear

what terrain interaction does DuelDragons have?

I think it's more interaction with the enviroment, but I've never been on it so I don't know.

Don't forget Alpengiest though!

Post June 3rd, 2006, 10:07 am

Points on hand: 2,658.00 Points
The Voyage is my favourite coaster for this year.

If I had to pick the one I rode, it would be Black Mamba.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 10:12 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

I didn't even look at the others, I know Voyage is going to own all.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 10:41 am

Points on hand: 9,700.00 Points
The Voyage without a doubt! It's the most intense coaster I've ever been on, start to finish. Looking forward to the Flying Turns and El Toro too. Kentucky Rumbler was a great coaster, an original layout, very similar to the Ozark Wildcat, but the Wildcat wins out!

Post June 3rd, 2006, 2:10 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
Originally posted by english coaster guy

that would have been better in a jungle ([lol]lmao hyyyper)to overtake it.

YAY JUNGLES !

Post June 3rd, 2006, 5:04 pm

Post June 3rd, 2006, 5:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

What's so special about stealth? I see is nothing more than a top hat.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 5:19 pm

Its an amazing ride! The launch especially! Its fantastic and you get loads of negetive G at the top!

Post June 3rd, 2006, 5:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

You get loads of -Gs on Voyage. Loads more than Stealth anyways, and loads more than any other coaster in existance for that matter.

Post June 3rd, 2006, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,658.00 Points
Yes, the launch is good on Stealth, a drop is like on EGF and there's some floater air on the top hat.

I'm sure Voyage is awesome judging by the POV. Unfortunately it is thousands of miles away. Not everybody has a chance to ride Voyage.

Post June 4th, 2006, 4:05 am

Id really like to ride The Voyage it looks AWESOME!

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions