Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Final Destination 3

Final Destination 3

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 30th, 2005, 12:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
haha, I thought some enthusiasts might get a laugh out of this trailer. I cant tell what coaster they used, it looks a little like viper, but I know it isnt. http://www.fd3movie.com/

Post October 30th, 2005, 1:00 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
YAY!, btw, it does seem to be viper or GASM, man, can't wait to see this one, i loved part I and II, and there's a coaster involved...

AND not the forget, the more ppl who see this movie (the GP) will be afraid as hell to go on a coaster so that will short the lines for the coasters, wahoe

Post October 30th, 2005, 1:12 pm
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
LOL are they serriously makeing this a movie or is it a joke

Post October 30th, 2005, 1:15 pm

Points on hand: 106.00 Points
yeah the coaster is Corkscrew in a park in Canada. and i cant wait till this movie comes out.

Post October 30th, 2005, 1:21 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Originally posted by jammin420s

yeah the coaster is Corkscrew in a park in Canada. and i cant wait till this movie comes out.

Nope its probably Viper. I'm pretty sure of it.

Post October 30th, 2005, 1:29 pm

Points on hand: 71.00 Points
I read somewhere that they partly used a rollercoaster in Canada (maybe this one: http://www.rcdb.com/nl/m/id319.htm?). Then they finished it with a lot of computerwork... (To make it taller, longer, etc.)

Post October 30th, 2005, 3:30 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Nice to see some good Hollywood physics, lets not even get into the restraints popping open half way through the ride

Post October 30th, 2005, 3:34 pm

Unfortunatly edge i read somewhere that half way thorugh the ride the restraints come open and everyone dies or something like that.

Post October 30th, 2005, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

It can't be that one in canada, the only element in that coaster is a double corkscrew, and I definately saw a loop in the one in the trailer.

Post October 30th, 2005, 4:20 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Looks to be GASM, as Viper doesn't have red trains. Also the layouts are very similar.

Post October 30th, 2005, 4:42 pm

Originally posted by Wing-Over

It can't be that one in canada, the only element in that coaster is a double corkscrew, and I definately saw a loop in the one in the trailer.

I think you can create a loop with the computer... They just use a lot of special effects!

Post October 30th, 2005, 4:51 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Image Insert:
15.2 KB
doesn't look very CGI to me, but the color has been tweaked to give it a more edgy look. Better keep on looking at which ride it is. I think it only has one loop, though, so we can say it has 1 loop, and 2 corks.

Post October 30th, 2005, 5:02 pm

Points on hand: 1,209.00 Points
It is indeed a Canadian coaster.
To shoot the scene, the filmmakers will use a combination of an actual roller coaster (at a Vancouver amusement park), computer-generated extensions, wire stunts, computer animation and actual actors in simulated cars shot against a green screen.

http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30842

Post October 30th, 2005, 5:21 pm

Points on hand: 1,751.00 Points
Originally posted by Edge

Nice to see some good Hollywood physics, lets not even get into the restraints popping open half way through the ride
thats kinda what happend to me on thunder run up the chain lift[xx(]

Post October 30th, 2005, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
That trailer looks great! Have to see that movie! I saw the first two, and they're masterpieces IMO.. ;)

Post October 30th, 2005, 6:03 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points
That trailer was pretty cool, just for the roller coaster scene i am going to go see that movie, BTW anyone happen to know what the rating might be, i know it is not confirmed by just a guess.

Post October 30th, 2005, 10:03 pm
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
LOL that movie looks like crap. IMO I like it better when its a car crash and plane crash. And a little piece like that somehow popping up and comeing to a complete stop. I just got back from saw 2(so predictable) and doom(only see once) and they had the trailer I was cracking up even more.

Post October 31st, 2005, 2:37 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Mikado

That trailer looks great! Have to see that movie! I saw the first two, and they're masterpieces IMO.. ;)

I'd agree! The first 2 were pretty awesome. Now FD3 is coming out! [:d] Yay!

Post October 31st, 2005, 9:23 pm

Points on hand: 2,886.00 Points
I cant wait to see it but I can see Hollywood taking over and making it the most dramatic scene where the riders fall out of the cars and fall onto the track and get smushed blood and guts galore it detaches itself and it falls killing the remaining and ends up exploding :/

Post November 1st, 2005, 9:16 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by RollerC

I cant wait to see it but I can see Hollywood taking over and making it the most dramatic scene where the riders fall out of the cars and fall onto the track and get smushed blood and guts galore it detaches itself and it falls killing the remaining and ends up exploding :/

let's not forget real headchoppers [:D]

Post November 12th, 2005, 8:17 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

i've taken a look a the HD trailer and this is what's wrong with this coaster:

1. Wheels getting loose

In this case all 24(!) wheels should get loose, i highly doubt one of them getting loose, let alone 24 in one day, cos if one was getting a bit loose, the dayly check-up would have found the wheel and thighten it up.

2. Harnes opening

How on earth do you get a restraint to open? I believe this can only be done when the train is in a stop area.

3. Track Shifting

In the trailer you can see the track flipping off, again, how do those bolts get loose, there very hard to get loose with proffesional tools. and if only one single bolt got loose they would have found it in daily routine. but in the worst case, what if the bolt got loose, how is the track gonna lift up? the segment fits the other one exactly and is being hold in place by supports and the bolts from the previous segment.

conclusion: the coaster accident is very unrealistic and because the GP will believe it, less ppl will go onto coaster which means less line for me !

Post November 12th, 2005, 8:25 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

That is usually the fun of a movie. They use all things that makes everything worse while it can't happen in real life. That is just the movie world, make things happen while it can't in real. It's with all the movies.

But to go in on point 2 of the harness. You can get them open during the ride if someone does press the opening handle usually on the back of the car. But ofcource, the trains from nowdays work with airpressure and stuff like that.

Post November 12th, 2005, 8:29 am

Originally posted by coolbeans326

Yeah i am definatly sure that is a coaster in Canada. I am obsessed with these movies and rollercoasters, i have actually been on that rollercoaster before, soooo yeah. Also, you guys are thinking this over WAY too much, if you have seen the first ones, you should know that death is stalking them and that even the most outrageous things can happen because of that. Jeez guys its a movie. Lighten up. I can wait for it to come out, for rollercoasters...and because it has Alexz Johnson in it![:D]

Post November 12th, 2005, 8:49 am
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by coolbeans326

Yeah i am definatly sure that is a coaster in Canada. I am obsessed with these movies and rollercoasters, i have actually been on that rollercoaster before, soooo yeah. Also, you guys are thinking this over WAY too much, if you have seen the first ones, you should know that death is stalking them and that even the most outrageous things can happen because of that. Jeez guys its a movie. Lighten up. I can wait for it to come out, for rollercoasters...and because it has Alexz Johnson in it![:D]

i've seen both movies twice, and all those accidents are really bad luck, the movie calls it "death", those things were possible, THIS IS NOT, period, coasters are made to avoid things like this (and to thrill&amuse ofcourse)

Post November 12th, 2005, 9:15 am

it isnt impossible. things come undone all the time, especially if it is old, or very new, which in the movie it is. Things change and so do the places of parts. It is very possible. just stop overthinking it, it is entertainment people get over it.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion