Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Flamingo Land Construction (Kumali)

Flamingo Land Construction (Kumali)

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 11th, 2006, 8:13 am

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

The shapingo this drop looks weird, i agree with you coolbeans. It looks like the radius at the top is too large, and that it never changes all the way down? So there will be pretty good gs at the bottom i reckon.

Anyway yeah the zero G does look awesome. I cant wait to see this thing finished now. I should be going not long after opening day (if i can afford that and stealths opening) so will try and post a trip report and video.

Post February 11th, 2006, 11:19 am

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
weee this ride looks great i jus hope its not gonna be as rough as any other slc

Post February 11th, 2006, 5:52 pm

Tch im spoiling you guys with all my links! [:P][:)]

http://kumali.flamingolandforce.co.uk/construction/

As you may have guessed i am following this construction alot [:P] Kumali looks real nice in a couple of these photos, especially the one taken from just beside the tribute cafe showing the main part of the ride [:D] Cant wait to be walking down there in a few months!

Post February 11th, 2006, 7:34 pm

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
thanx jpecool for the link the pics are really nice and the coaster too but just the drop looks weird

Post February 12th, 2006, 9:03 am

Ive only just noticed how big Kumali looks now. Seriously, thats quite a space of land there! Cant wait to see it in person. [:)]

EDIT:

http://members.aol.com/ufopartyshop/kumali3.htm

some more photos [:D]
Ive only just noticed how much work is actually being done at FL. Theres kumali, muddy duck farm and the tractor ride, the parrot show enclosure is being redone, the reptile house, places are being repaved and rethemed aswell, with new walls. And then they are also busy ripping some stuff out like zig zag, moving sky flyer, rebuilding the wagon wheels, making a new animal enclosure on Magnum Forces old site, near the lost river. Basically they are getting the middle of the park ready for the 2007 season [:)] THE PROPOSED WOODY! [:)][:)] That would tie the park together quite nicely. The park currently looks like a building site all over from the looks of things! Good one flamingoland, they really are making some improvements. [^] Im happy. [:)] I never thought i would be with the loss of bullet and Magnum Force, but now i think its the right move. The next right move would be to go with GG over GCI [;)]

Post February 16th, 2006, 3:21 pm

Post February 16th, 2006, 3:24 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Colours look very vibrant in that picture, compared to some others which make the colours of it look very bland.

It looks quite good from that angle, especially the bottom of the drop, it should have plently of forces.

Post February 16th, 2006, 3:32 pm

Yeah the bottom of the drop does look REALLY tight. I hope its forceful. It will be nothing compared to Magnum Force and Bullets forces obviously, but i still hope its alot more forceful than velocity!

Post February 16th, 2006, 3:33 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post February 16th, 2006, 5:28 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
http://members.aol.com/stucoaster/186-8677_IMG.JPG

Dang, all 3 elements in one row. Not something like i'd expected...
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post February 17th, 2006, 6:46 pm

http://www.kumali.co.uk/

Just been linked o these pictures, and Jack off (the immaturity in me is wanting to laugh) of coasterforce got a "access all areas" and found out some awesome info. Flamingoland didnt originally want velocity, but another park pulled out, so vekoma did a 2 for 1 with the for Magnum Force and Bullet. And also, flamingoland either want one very large woodie for 2007 or a dueler!!!!!!!!!!! [:D]

Post February 17th, 2006, 7:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,083.00 Points

Post February 23rd, 2006, 4:20 pm

Post February 23rd, 2006, 4:29 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

it looks fantastic!!!!

i didnt notice befor but the zro g roll looks kinda low compared to the cobra, hopefully it will be really fast.
Making screams come true

Post February 23rd, 2006, 4:33 pm

It should be, its quite long aswell, and not that tight at the top, so it should be fast. BTW it seems flamingoland wont be building a trench under the first drop. They are keeping a VERY close foot chopper. Thats what ive heard anyway. It was measured with this wire thing and passed. Flamingoland may still decide to build a trench though and put in rocks like was suggested, or just make a boring normal trench. But a number of people who have been on the access all areas trip thing, said there wont be one. Also, ground is being removed from under the cobra roll as water will be underneath. They decided to go ahead with that. Ummm other than that i dont have any real news.

Post February 23rd, 2006, 4:35 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Like I said to thineself on msn already, that helix looks sexy fit! [lol]

Post February 23rd, 2006, 4:47 pm

Points on hand: 71.00 Points
There will not be a trench at all it is perfectly safe. I know this since i own kumali.co.uk.

Post February 23rd, 2006, 4:51 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

those are some loverly pics you have.

i like the pic of the wire frame testing thing.
Making screams come true

Post February 23rd, 2006, 5:10 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points

Post March 7th, 2006, 12:30 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post March 7th, 2006, 7:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
Looks sweet. A lot of nice pictures really giving a good idea of how the ride looks.

Post March 8th, 2006, 1:05 pm

Post March 8th, 2006, 2:17 pm

Points on hand: 89.00 Points

nice vid! ''Vekoma side-boob''[lol]
I have to say this ride looks nice, but Im a bit dissapointed to see the fairly standard looking restraints. I read in the first drop IAAPA issue that vekoma were showing off designs for new inverted OTS restraints with sort of flaps like B&M flying coasters, and I also read somewhere that this will be a 'new generation slc'. So I was kinda hoping this would see in the new restraints which would be a godsend when it comes to the 'last car bang' and headbanging that slc's suffer from. I guess these things take time 2 develop...

Post March 8th, 2006, 2:59 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

[lol], that video was cool. that guys Yorkshire accent wasn't all that thick was it? I was expecting him to start spouting off random stuff that no one would understand. unless he actually did and they just told him to tone it down a bit [lol]

Post March 8th, 2006, 3:32 pm

OMG i didnt notice he had an accent? Mines exactly the same, i dont notice he has one, so that means im the same! [:D] Although i have a lower voice than him, he has quite a high yorkshire accent, which you dont normally get?

Anywayyyyyyyy [:P]
Yeah i love that video too. Its god cos you can see how big Kumali actually is compared to robs head [:P] lol. And, its also good to see how close the track gets to the floor. And the themed footers is great news [:D]

PreviousNext

Return to General Theme Park Discussions