Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Frame Rate Very Slow

Frame Rate Very Slow

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post August 28th, 2004, 7:48 pm

Points on hand: 1,674.00 Points
My fps are extremly slow on NL. Im talking 15fps while just looking at the ground with no trees, track, supports, etc. and 4fps while on the ride no matter how big or small it is. Is there anything i can do without having to buy anything to speed up my Frames? My operating system is Windows 98 with a Pentium III Processor madde by dell incase you needed to know. Any help is appricated. thanks!

Colin C

Post August 28th, 2004, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

I doubt its your processor, the problem is probably with your video card. A suggestion if your video card is old, try finding a driver that supports OpenGL graphics, that will boost it a tiny bit.

Post August 28th, 2004, 8:07 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

What he said. Look at your cooling too. Card and processor are prolly overheating. speaking of FPS, my new comp is running at 100+ FPS non-stop. god i rock.

Post August 28th, 2004, 10:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

My operating system is Windows 98 with a Pentium III Processor madde by dell

yeah i have the same stuff as you and sometimes it does that for me, but this is probably a stupid question but i was wondering if you have the latest version of NL. Because when i had the second latest update of it it wasnt running well at all, but when i downloaded the latest version of it my fps increased by almost 15. Well, its just a question.

Post August 29th, 2004, 4:55 pm

Points on hand: 1,674.00 Points
yup ive got 1.31 r whatever the newest version is. Im gonna try to find a new graphics card andinstal it or clean out some stuff i dont use anymore to see if it will help.

Colin C

Post August 29th, 2004, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

I doubt cleaning out your computer off stuff you don't need will help very much. The thing that could help is make sure NoLimits is the only thing running and using the memory. Best way to make sure this is happening is to press Ctrl Alt Del and end whatever you arn't using...just be sure not to end any of the processes' that your computer needs.

Return to No Limits Coaster