Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Garuda - new Vekoma flyer

Garuda - new Vekoma flyer

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post May 20th, 2007, 6:39 pm

Points on hand: 3,283.00 Points

Ive started a new Vekoma flyer and have managed to get quite a bit done. I havent released a worthy track in a while so i really want to get one done - THIS MAY BE IT. Finally [lol]

Anyway its a very short ride, only just over 2000 feet long, with a 100 foot lift. It reaches speeds of 48mph and completes its circuit in 1min 7 seconds. That is very quick. BUT. The themeing will hopefully be very heavy, im hoping to kind of make a nemesis type ride, short and sweet with great themeing. Anyway enough babble.

I dont want to give too much away yet. So heres a couple of pics, you cant see that much, but it shows some themeing and a tiny portion of track work. [:D]

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p3584

Any comments are welcome guys. I appreciate suggestions on how to improve the ride (not that you can see too much of it yet) [^]

Thanks
JPE

Post May 20th, 2007, 6:43 pm

Points on hand: 929.00 Points
Bank: 2,385.00 Points
^ Wow. Havent seen you in a while.

Can I have Elphalpha (sp?), or are you going to release it?

Post May 20th, 2007, 7:20 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
[lol][lol][lol]...Elpalpha...isn't that Little Rascal? I think you mean Elphaba.

Jpe! It's great to see you designing again! We've been missin' you. The track looks great, and I expect it to be [;)]
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post May 20th, 2007, 8:47 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Hey, that ride looks really nice. Also, i was just wondering, when are you going to finish Drakulya (if you are going to finish it), and why did you abandon sirocco?
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post May 20th, 2007, 10:26 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Guys, for the last time, stop asking about his (or anybodys for that matter) old coasters! It is annoying, unnessesary, and rude. Just stop.

Now, to the ride. Looks great, good to see a submission by you, it's been about a half a year. Looks mighty fine, hope to see the release in the near future; but take yout time.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post May 20th, 2007, 10:45 pm

Originally posted by tiepilot35

Guys, for the last time, stop asking about his (or anybodys for that matter) old coasters! It is annoying, unnessesary, and rude. Just stop.

Amenohman!

Post May 21st, 2007, 5:14 am

Can I have Elphalpha (sp?), or are you going to release it?

Im not releasing Elphaba yet at all. Its a pretty good ride, but i lost interest in it because its quite long and doesnt have the non stop intensity that i like. I cant carry on with a major project unless i absolutely love the track. I did really like it, but with exams and things i had to push it back and now have lost interest. Elphaba as seen in the pictures probably will not be released at all, although there are some good aspects of the ride i may re-use in my next attempt at a hyper. Sorry man, i dont like to send out work im not that happy with.

Hey, that ride looks really nice. Also, i was just wondering, when are you going to finish Drakulya (if you are going to finish it), and why did you abandon sirocco?

Thanks. Erm Drakulya had one major problem that i could not get rid of. Until i figure this out i cant do anymore on the ride. Its also not as intense as i would like so there may be some tweeks when i get round to editing it. This ride will be picked up again, but i dont know when.

Sirocco on the other hand. Its one of my best rides, BUT i have some problems with themeing the ride. My computer couldnt really handle it, but now with 1.6 for some reasons its better. I will probably pick it up straight after this ride. The last wing over needs editing first though as it has a slight lateral spike in which needs getting rid of.

Anyway thanks for your interest guys. I'll post some more pics up soon when i get more done. May not be until after friday when i get some stuff done though.

Post May 21st, 2007, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Looks you spend a lot of time on your back instead of flying, somethin to think about

Post May 21st, 2007, 8:24 pm

Smer, how could you possibly know that? The pictures jpe's given us aren't even ride aspects. Just teasers it looks like.

Post May 22nd, 2007, 5:22 am

You spend about 3/5 of the ride in the flying position and 2/3 on your back. Thats quite alot on your back, but on Air i thought being on your back was one of the most interesting bits. [:D] Hence i have more on your back.

Post May 23rd, 2007, 6:51 pm

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/i28903

One new image of how the station building is coming along! Im kind of taking some of the textures i made for Drakulya. [:D]

Post May 23rd, 2007, 6:55 pm

Originally posted by jpecool

You spend about 3/5 of the ride in the flying position and 2/3 on your back

That's over 100%...!?

By the way, the station looks cool!

Post May 23rd, 2007, 6:58 pm

Post May 24th, 2007, 5:28 pm

new picture showing the station building taking shape! Comments anyone?! [:D]

Post May 24th, 2007, 5:35 pm

Points on hand: 3,780.00 Points
It looks a little like a barn, but overall very nice. Having a custom station always adds a nice feel to the coaster and completes a theme.

Post May 24th, 2007, 7:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Needs more windows. :] But the coaster looks nice, I'll be looking forward to the upload.

Post May 24th, 2007, 8:08 pm

It reminds of the adobe huts that the Indians used to live in [lol] The ride continues to impress me, jpe. Can't wait until the release.

Post May 25th, 2007, 10:34 am

Its inspired by an old romanian castle. lol. Not a barn, or an Indian house =P Wow, guess im pulling my theme off great! =P lol.

Post May 25th, 2007, 11:20 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Post May 25th, 2007, 11:24 am

Points on hand: 1,516.00 Points

This is a cool track. I like the station, reminds me of one of those Mexican run down churches. All you need to do is supports. Cant wait.

Post May 25th, 2007, 12:09 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post May 25th, 2007, 1:10 pm

Yeah only 4 cars. Its quite a small ride though, and very short with a double loading station. So it wouldnt affect capacity too much. And by having these shorter train lengths it allowed me to make the station area, and brake run a little more compact, which it needed to be due to the design and style of ride. Especially when the flyer trains are so damn big! [lol]

Thanks Intamin Fan [:D] I wasnt too keen on it at first, and did actually change it at one point, but after changin it, it just didnt seem as exciing anymore. Plus i added a zero G right after the first drop which works so much better with the drop as it is now.

Thanks for the praise BlackHeart. Although you havent seen much of the track yet so it could be pretty bad. [=P] lol. I'll try and post some pictures of te actual track work tonight. I did my English literature exam today so now thats over i should have more time in the evenings to update, and get some more work done. [:)]

Post May 25th, 2007, 5:30 pm

7 new pictures added. These should show you what the actual track is like, rather than just concentrating on the themeing aspect of the ride. The ride is short, fast, and quite disorientating, with riders frequently swapping between and lie and fly positions. There are some large G forces for a flyer, especially between the bottom of the dive loop type immelman thing [:p] and the loop, but not anything too dangerous i dont think. [:)]

This ride is relatively tame compared to my others. Im tired of being marked down for being utterly intense, for example Korkenhiezer and Black Mariah both suffered because i was pushing G force limits and transitions a bit too much. Hopefully this is a little different, and captures tha swooping graceful feature of flying coasters [:)]

I hope anyway [:P]

Comments are much appreciated. Thanks!

JPE

Post May 25th, 2007, 9:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,516.00 Points

I really like the drop. It reminds me of X. And I like that zero g roll after the drop. But that one picture where it dropped below the bridge, the top of the drop looked a little rough. Im just waiting for the realease date.

Post May 25th, 2007, 10:02 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Nice ride jpe. Looks like it'll be pretty fast judging by the height of the drop compared to the rest of the ride.

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

Smer, how could you possibly know that? The pictures jpe's given us aren't even ride aspects. Just teasers it looks like.

Notice how I said "looks like". With the pics I had just seen (the only ones he had up at the time, that's what it looked).

Originally posted by jpecool

Sorry it was supposed to say 2/5 [lol]

lol I was gonna say, you'd have a 19/15 total

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area