Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster General AHG Heartlining Question

General AHG Heartlining Question

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post May 4th, 2010, 6:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,537.00 Points
Quick question about heart-lining and AHG... I just uploaded my first coaster, a woodie (NOT a GCI-style one though apparently [;)] ) and one of the criticisms was too much heart-lining.

My question is, if I actually want lats, how do I get them using AHG? I tried reducing the heartline to 0.5 which didnt make much diff, and then I tried reducing the input speed which caused valleying (D'oh). So, do I HAVE to use AHG if I'm using Newton and/or FVDs to make my track?

Thanks

Post May 4th, 2010, 6:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
first of all, if you're using Newton, DO NOT use AHG. Second, there's a way to set AHG so that it doesn't actually change the banking. Let me know if you want more details.

Post May 4th, 2010, 6:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,385.00 Points
FAIL! If you let AHG bank your track, you definitely can't do laterals. FVDs don't allow laterals either. Don't use either of those on a woody, period. As boneplaya said, AHG shouldn't be used on top of Newton either. Unless you screwed up the save settings, Newton-generated elements are already heartlined. In addition, Newton allows you to do lateral force zones, so it's definitely the best tool for a woody (and for steel coasters too)

Post May 4th, 2010, 6:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,537.00 Points
FAIL accepted.

Sweet! What I was doing was just making the track black and running it through AHG with the speed settings cuz for some reason I thought that Newton/FVD/Elementary didn't heartline, only AHG did.

Not sure where I got that idea (D'OH), but I'm glad I was doing it wrong cuz I was getting really frustrated, this should make things less complicated from here on out. Thanks guys!

Post May 4th, 2010, 6:46 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

With the AHG you can always control the banking yourself by making the main track color black before you run it through the program. Doing this will heartline the track but keep the banking you want, so there will still be lats if they were there before you heartlined.

The part of your ride I was thinking of when I said it was too much was the entrance to the right turn after the turnaround under the lift. There are ways of heartlining a turn like that without producing that huge swing out to the left if you mess around a little.

Edit: Ok that explains it, you hearlined that section twice then. Remember that you still have to AHG FVD elements though, only newton produces heartlined elements.

Post May 8th, 2010, 5:58 pm
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
The fact that you'd consider using AHG when Newton2 is AHG + FVD combined into a simple program boggles me. It's really easy to make lat-filled woodies.

Post May 8th, 2010, 6:27 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster