Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Get Your Pokeballs Ready!!! Park In Japan to open

Get Your Pokeballs Ready!!! Park In Japan to open

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

According to screamscape and this link: http://www.poke-park.jp/en/index.html There's a Pokemon themed park that will open in Japan. In my opinion, I think it's a bit ridiculous being as pokemon is a bit outdated...well here it is anyway. The park doesn't really look all that impressing though. Looking at the images, it looks like a kiddy section of a traveling carnival themed with Pokemon.

Post February 3rd, 2005, 12:02 am

Points on hand: 81.00 Points

Post February 3rd, 2005, 12:29 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

got to ride `em all, poke` park. And to think that I thought one day I'd beable to sell my cards and make millions off of them, what the hell was I smoking back in the day?

Post February 3rd, 2005, 3:12 am

Points on hand: 3,903.00 Points

o my god that is soooooo sad[lol] and the park is tiny

Post February 3rd, 2005, 9:45 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
lol, i want to ride that kiddie-coaster there[:P][lol]

Post February 3rd, 2005, 4:04 pm

Points on hand: 2,772.00 Points

om my god, that is really sad, no-one has pokemon cards anymore, or even likes them, well, obvioudly, people do if they are going to open a park.

Post February 4th, 2005, 5:47 am

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
a Poke-Merry Go Round. Wow, cos that must be so much different to ones that dont have Poke in the front. Lol to be honest this park looks a bit rubbish, but hey if those little Japanese Tykes like it then.

Post February 4th, 2005, 7:14 am

Points on hand: 4,230.00 Points
what the hell is wrong with japan?! and why exactly does everything that comes out of it look loke pikachu? i'm SO sick of this anime crap. it's all stupid and it's all corny as hell with terrible art / animation / story lines. i just cant stand it! and now a pokemon theme park?! that'll go down the tubes in a few years. i thought pokemon was gone for good. sadly, it isnt.

Post February 4th, 2005, 10:43 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
I think alot of that is still going strong in Japan however.

Post February 4th, 2005, 4:11 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points

Post February 4th, 2005, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points

Post February 4th, 2005, 7:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

OMG! They even have Mew! I remember when i first got my Pokemon Blue game, i was the only person in the whole school who had a mew. Back then i was God of the playground, i finished the game with 150 pokemon, but since i had Mew i was one short of a full list, and no one had that pokemon, cant remember which one. I also caught that crazy thing that swam along the beach...man Pokemon rules. I also got pokemon yellow imported from America several months before it came out in the UK, it had the talking Pikchu and everything. Then there was the trading cards...man i had every single card of the first series...including Charizard shinny BAM! Beat that! That i got some Japanese cards and what them with all the Pokemon noobs for awesome first series shiny's

lmao, wow..Pokemon...good days. Lets not forget i was about 11-12 so yeah, at the time Pokemon was the best thing ever for me. That and the YoYo craze that swept the UK a couple of years back

Post February 5th, 2005, 1:20 am

Post February 5th, 2005, 2:02 am

Points on hand: 3,816.00 Points

Originally posted by The Edge

OMG! They even have Mew! I remember when i first got my Pokemon Blue game, i was the only person in the whole school who had a mew. Back then i was God of the playground, i finished the game with 150 pokemon, but since i had Mew i was one short of a full list, and no one had that pokemon, cant remember which one. I also caught that crazy thing that swam along the beach...man Pokemon rules. I also got pokemon yellow imported from America several months before it came out in the UK, it had the talking Pikchu and everything. Then there was the trading cards...man i had every single card of the first series...including Charizard shinny BAM! Beat that! That i got some Japanese cards and what them with all the Pokemon noobs for awesome first series shiny's

lmao, wow..Pokemon...good days. Lets not forget i was about 11-12 so yeah, at the time Pokemon was the best thing ever for me. That and the YoYo craze that swept the UK a couple of years back

Yea, I remember sending Pokemon 'viruses' (Missingno.)to little kids that got on my nerves. It was funny when finding out that their game erased on them within a few days...I remember my 2 Charizards and getting my cards stolen...the good old days of Pokemon when it was popular.

Post February 5th, 2005, 2:20 am

Points on hand: 2,282.00 Points

Post February 5th, 2005, 6:36 am

lol, i tried to get into it. i had a few cards (the turtle thing) and i watched one episode of the tv show and just said "NO." and that was that.

Post February 5th, 2005, 7:17 am

Points on hand: 2,772.00 Points

i remember that pokemon, it was a cheat or somethin, and the is something were you can duplicate your pokemon or something, man, that was sooo long ago.

Post February 18th, 2005, 11:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,288.00 Points

good news! The pokemon park is only open for 192 days, so... only 219 days till its gone! [:D]

Post February 22nd, 2005, 2:08 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
yea when i was litle back in the day when pokemon was alive i had alot of cards, then my mom(who was strict back then and had to keep on eye on my every minute and every second of each and every day) unfoutrunalty burned my collection, and then when i told her how much i spent on them and how much they meaned to me and how much they were worth bought me another collection, then i sold them to little kids for like 20 bucks a card...scamming is fun but messed up...ahhh man...good times...good times...

Post February 22nd, 2005, 3:19 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

they don't even have one reasonable coaster. Only a kiddie, and some sleepy rides. I miss the thrill rides. Would be cool, Shot 'n charizard, an s&s shot 'n drop tower with fire feature if it reaches the top. An watercoaster with water pokemon theme. They just arn't creative enough!

Post February 22nd, 2005, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

yeah ok, but noone over..like...14...like pokemon that much... i really can't imaging this 9 year old japanese kid on a high rollercoaster with charizard puffing fire in their faces....lol

Post February 22nd, 2005, 4:44 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^^ well, i know one idiot that's over the 15, and still likes pokemon, he still collects collectibles, collect card, he even comes sometimes here at the door for asking to trade like i did 3 years ago. So 1 on 1000 still collects [:D]

Post February 22nd, 2005, 8:31 pm
man

Points on hand: 111.00 Points
Originally posted by thecool326

got to ride `em all, poke` park. And to think that I thought one day I'd beable to sell my cards and make millions off of them, what the hell was I smoking back in the day?
I dont know it was the same stuff as my brother and also if its in japan it might happen most likly not but then why are there new episodes(no cable and watch smallville so i see in preiviews[:p]) so if its in japan it has the most possible chance of being trew(cant spell).

Post February 25th, 2005, 8:45 am

Points on hand: 2,249.00 Points

oh. my. god. that's a bit eccentric. what a waste of land and money, and good brains. i haven't uttered the word pokemon in almost 5 years. i have and entire binder filled with those little cards. all my so called "valuable" ones are in a little plastic cover inside the plastic card sheet. geez i can't beleive i fell for that stuff. and today theres yu gi oh or whatever that my brother is into... how pathetic.

Post February 25th, 2005, 12:39 pm

Points on hand: 2,615.00 Points

OMG i mean Pokemon theme park? I used 2 like that when I was like 8. The rides are SO bad. I really hopw it dusnt go really well and the suddenly becomes a major Japaniese (is that how u spell it?) theme park. I hope nobody dus a yu gi oh theme park because that is probably 10 times worse than pokeman believe me. I asked this kid at school who actually likes them what the names are and he said one is called Hungry Burger. OMG

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions