Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Goliath sfog [bottom pg 1)

Goliath sfog [bottom pg 1)

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post December 17th, 2005, 11:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

http://sfog.parktrips.com/update.cfm?id=17&p=1

thanks to the guys at sfog parktrips for the photos. The drop os complete, along witht he base of the first drop. Also, the base of the second drop is in place. Just bring the sides and top, and the first "airtime" hill is complete.
Last edited by Jakizle on January 3rd, 2006, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post December 17th, 2005, 11:37 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
looks awesome, but i doubt its as good as Apollos Chariot

Post December 18th, 2005, 12:36 am

yeah its not as good, its better!!! Apollo is just straight hills and one helix. This has as equal big hills, with an intense helix, and a horshoe. I would have to say its slightly better

Post December 18th, 2005, 12:43 am

Points on hand: -1,299.00 Points
Bank: 1,430.56 Points
Darn this coaster is gowing up so fast and its starting to look verry Good

Post December 18th, 2005, 12:59 am

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

What makes you think it won't be as good as Apollo's Chariot? Not only does Goliath have a better layout, B&M has probably improved on track engineering since AC was constructed.

Post December 18th, 2005, 1:02 am

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
I can't wait for this ride to open, for my bday, I'm asking for a SFOG season pass and to go on April 1st. I can't wait...

Post December 18th, 2005, 1:16 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Whats wrong with just hills? In the back row of Apollo's, its mostly ejector. I wouldn't count on the helix being very powerful as we can judge from the other B&Ms. I like the layout and the 'fly-by' over the water, but I really think they should have gone with the platformed drop like Raging Bull or Apollo's.

Post December 18th, 2005, 4:59 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I wouldn't count on the helix being very powerful as we can judge from the other B&Ms.

Well, I wouldn't judge it till people have ridden on it, it's pretty tight, so it might just be a little more forceful then you think. [;)]

Post December 19th, 2005, 12:07 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

does anyone else but me see the catwalks the extend from the lift to whats completed of the first hill?

Post December 19th, 2005, 12:10 am

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

Originally posted by SMer

does anyone else but me see the catwalks the extend from the lift to whats completed of the first hill?

yes, but im sure they are only temporary, possibly just for easier access to the end of the track and placing future pieces.

Post December 19th, 2005, 12:15 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Those are nets to catch anything from droping on the roads/rides/walkways under the coaster.

Post December 19th, 2005, 1:38 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points

Post January 3rd, 2006, 4:46 pm

yay new update from a member of tpr...some good picks of the hills and the third is nearing completion!

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/vi ... 4709115b7d

Post January 3rd, 2006, 5:00 pm

Points on hand: 2,579.00 Points

Originally posted by jimths08

Whats wrong with just hills? In the back row of Apollo's, its mostly ejector. I wouldn't count on the helix being very powerful as we can judge from the other B&Ms. I like the layout and the 'fly-by' over the water, but I really think they should have gone with the platformed drop like Raging Bull or Apollo's.

agreed. the back is insane, and jakizle, your acting like the helix on goliath is better. how would you know it was "intense" if you havent even ridden it, and maybe it has a horseshoe, whats so good about that, i particularly find them boring. also, golith will have no scenery, unlike apollo, theres lots of trees and lakes and other things like that.

all im saying is, dont judge a book by its cover, Shockwave@PKD looks great, but its a terrible ride, i can consider it one of my least favorite rides. Personally, i think all the B&M mega's look good, there just all different, one might have more elemnts, one might have airtime, it just matters what you like better.

also...
Originally posted by IntaminFan397

Originally posted by CoAsTeRkRazY

B&M has probably improved on track engineering since AC was constructed.

not only track engineering, some of the newer B&M megas also have seatbelts[xx(] bleh nobody likes those
also, theres a slightly different train design, on apollo, theres a small sort of ledge thats under the seat, so if you prop your legs up, the restraint wont go as far down. on some newer models, the ledge is curved

Post January 3rd, 2006, 5:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points
^Hepta, think about what you are saying. You are defending a roller coaster. You are trying to prove Apollo better from your own opinion. The ride hasn't even opened yet, so stop bringing yourself to conclusions that you can't even prove. Just wait to ride it yourself, and then give your opinion about how good the ride is.

The ride is looking great, and now that the holidays are over, the construction should be at a very good pace again, that is if the wheather is good.

Post January 3rd, 2006, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Those hills looks alot sharper than other B&M hills. MORE AIRTIME

Post January 3rd, 2006, 5:45 pm

^i AM trying to defend a coaster, i am not TRYING to prove that apollo is better, as i said nobody has ridden it yet, so i wouldnt know, but i guess i was a little harsh, i just get a little upset when people say a certain ride in the same category is better, especially when its my favorite ride

Post January 3rd, 2006, 5:51 pm

well dude dont get mad cause if apollo is your favorite ride thats your opinion. I actually like Big Bad Wolf and Alpengeist more than Apollos. Its everyones opinions. And i still believe that this goiliath LOOKS beter.

Post January 3rd, 2006, 9:44 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
^^Which ones have seat belts? RB doesnt, neither does Nitro. Only leaves Silver Star and AC.

Also, I know of at least 4 different people with different physical sizes and they all grey out badly in Nitros helix. Im not sure where you think that B&M's helicies in general are weak. Infact, Silver Bullet which is considered very weak actually sports a helix at the end that some say is as intense as any other helix they have done.

Just found that odd...

Anyways, theres a new picture up on SF's site that is a wide-angle shot showing a lift hill to 2nd hill all complete.

Post January 3rd, 2006, 10:10 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

I've really only been following coasters for a little over a year so this season is my first construction one. Looking at these coasters compared to the older ones its obvious the difference. You see it easier in inversions but you can really only assume that this will be the same as last years.

Post January 3rd, 2006, 10:28 pm

^^im not sure, but i heard somewhere that raging bull had seatbelts, well, im not sure, but anyways, i think it was some B&M that had seatbelts, and i was disgusted

EDIT: 100th post[:D]

Post January 3rd, 2006, 10:28 pm

Yeah Real i think i posted a link to those pics on pg1. And like SFMM homie said i believe theres going to be higher forces on this ride than other BnM's.

Btw i dont recall Apollo having seatbelts, so maybe thats something new BnM is using this year. We'll have to wait and see

Return to General Theme Park Discussions