Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Help on building tracks

Help on building tracks

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post June 7th, 2003, 7:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,967.00 Points
I cant build a coaster on the editor, all i get is straight pieces and if i ride it it doesnt go up or down or barrel roll or anything? can anyone teach me how to build the coasters?

Staff Edit: Moved to NL Discussion.
Last edited by Elfman2519 on June 7th, 2003, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post June 7th, 2003, 7:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points

ok, this is how to build a coaster in NL:

First, you place a vertex anywhwere you want. Then you can go into a different view and change the height of it by dragging the blue dot up or down in the side view. To customize a vertex further, when you click on the blue dot, pull or play around with each of the side bars that pop up. To bank a turn you need to select the amount of degrees that you want, so click on the vertex that you want to be banked, and then click how many degrees you want it to be on the toolbar. To make an inversion, you need to bank a vertex enough so that the track is upside dow, which can be around 180 degrees. Then after you set the banking for an inversion you can shape the piece of track to how you want your desired inversion to be. But since you are just starting to build coasters, I recommend you select prefab elements from the buster pack, and how you do that is go to file, insert element, and choose what you want. So theres a quick tutorial for you, after a while you will get the hang of NL.

Post June 7th, 2003, 7:58 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points
I suggest reading the 'Technical Guide' that comes with both the demo and full version. It will guide you in practically everything about building and managing NL coasters.

Post June 7th, 2003, 8:10 pm

Points on hand: 3,810.00 Points

That's how I started off...

Then you can come and post specific questions here (or search the other threads!) to find out stuff like how to make a really smooth curve etc. :)

Post June 7th, 2003, 9:19 pm

[url=C:\Program Files\NoLimits Demo v1.262\help\index.html]Here[/url] is where you can find a tutorial and other things to help on NL.

Post June 7th, 2003, 9:31 pm

How do you make loops and stuff? Is there like scenery IE: mist-filled tunnels, splashes, etc? Because i want to make "the incredible hulk coaster" and theres not enough to make it on RCT2. This NL has that first twist and dive thing and tunnels.

Post June 7th, 2003, 9:47 pm

You can do loops by setting the banking of a vertex to 180 degrees, then raising the vertex to a "c" shape in the side view, then make another "c" going back down to the ground again. Using con roll will help a lot. To make those extra features you have to use a 3d program such as this or this and you can use Taragen for the environment, which you can make the mist and stuff.

Post June 7th, 2003, 10:07 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,723.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Post June 7th, 2003, 10:13 pm

I think that with a certain style fog environment that you can create the illusion of a mist, but I have never tried it so I wouldn't know.

Post June 8th, 2003, 12:01 pm

Points on hand: 3,810.00 Points

You can also use the elements created by other users to create the standard loops etc - just hit File > Insert Element and give each one a go :)

Post June 8th, 2003, 11:10 pm

Can some one make the INCREDIBLE HULK coaster for me and send it to me? thanks

Post June 20th, 2003, 5:34 am

after you create the anim8or things, how do you put it in no limits?

Post June 20th, 2003, 5:39 am

one more thing, how do you build a mist filled tunnel or launch tubes with anim8or?

Post June 20th, 2003, 6:51 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
First of all you are asking someone to build a coaster. But you say it like it is a piece of cake for us. To build an accurate recreation of a ride like that including supports takes like a month.
If you make something in anim8or, export it as .3ds and put it in the NL objects folder. Now start the editor and you can select Scenery --> choose scene object --> now pick your object and you will get a cursor to put it in.
You can't fill a tunnel with mist, you can make an environment with fog though, but not just one tunnel. You don't need a launch tube, you can just turn the tunnel on in NL by double clicking the segment and then picking tunnel.

Post June 22nd, 2003, 1:58 pm

Points on hand: 4,163.00 Points

i think u shud look at other coasters that came with No-Limits and then u could figure it out from there and get ideas and go on from there.

Post June 23rd, 2003, 1:31 pm

you have to turn into side view and drag the track up

Post June 24th, 2003, 12:45 pm

how do you make tunnels? i cant seem to make them in the editor

Post June 25th, 2003, 2:57 pm

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
Originally posted by Weng8055

Click on the piece of track you want from the editor in "Any View" that you want a tunnel on, then go up to the menu bar, select the little white looking icon that says: "Segment Settings" when you put your mouse pointer over it... click it then click the box thats says: "Tunnel", then click "OK"... now, that specific piece of track will have a tunnel on it. You must Highlight each piece of track in the editor of whichever piece of track U want to have a tunnel and do this process for each piece. This also applies the "Same" for selecting Individual Track Colors, You'll see it!. Good Luck and Happy tunneling![sillyme]

You can also just double click the segment to get in the Segment Setting menu [:p](all views except 3d)

Return to No Limits Coaster