Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post September 6th, 2003, 8:12 pm

Points on hand: 2,722.00 Points

The game is asking me to enter my registration key and my parents threw away my information. What do I do???????????????[:(][:(][:(]

Post September 6th, 2003, 8:17 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,707.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Did you uninstall the game? and what's your age? I may be able to walk you through some registry editing to get your key info, if you still have the installer that they originally gave you.
Also what operating system are you using?

Post September 6th, 2003, 8:56 pm

Yes. I wanted to restart from the begining. I had way to many tracks and it was slowing my computer down a lot. I just want to start over again with the original tracks. I am 15 and I do have the original installer. (NLSetup right?) My system is a Compaq windows 98 800MGH.

Post September 6th, 2003, 9:08 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

disclaimer, I am not responsible for damage or lost progras that can occur if not done right.

hmmmmm, well ok, I am pretty sure you can do this
go to the start menu and go to accessories and find command prompt
open that program and type:
regedit
hit enter and a window should pop up
be careful not to delete or change anything there, just do the following, when the window opens you should see a couple of folders there, click the + mark next to the one called HKEY_CURRENT_USER
then it shouold expand to show more folders, click + mark next to the one called "software"
it should expand once more, then click the + mark next to folder called"Nolimits Coaster"
next click the + mark next to the folder called"NoLimits Simulator"
then in the window on the right hand side should show you some stuff, it is sorted alphabetically, look for two things "regkey" and "regusername" copy the data part of that regkey will be a bunch of numbers and regusername should be the first and last name and e-mail address that u used to buy nl separated with hyphens. After you're done, just close the window by hitting the X, go back to the command prompt window and type "exit" then hit enter and you're done. This will only work if you did not reformat.

disclaimer, I am not responsible for damage or lost progras that can occur if not done right.
So do it right, do not delete, edit or anything, just look and write down on paper and u should be fine, then just open up nl, and put in your info and that should work. Let me know if you decided to do it this way and if it worked. Also since you are on windows 98 the KEY_CURRENT_USER might be named differently, I am not sure how it is on windows 98
If this doesn't work, or scared u might break your computer, contact:
info@nolimitscoaster.com and ask them to give you your original reg info, if not, they might charge you $7 to get a new download link, which isn't bad considering the time it takes to look up records.
WWS
once again, do it at your own risk [:)]

Post September 6th, 2003, 9:25 pm

I got to the part for regkey and username but in the part where it should say the numbers and stuff, there are these apostrophy like thingies. What is that?

Post September 6th, 2003, 11:32 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

uhmmm there should be three columns in the right window, look in the data column, there it should have the info as plain numbers or text

Post September 7th, 2003, 12:56 am

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

To make it easier, simply contact the NL team at

support@nolimitscoaster.de

and say you've lost your information. Be sure to give them your street address and the name you registered with. I've done this a bunch of times. They usually e-mail you back within 1-4 hours depending on the time of day you mail them. Its easy, fast, and you don't have to do any of that stuff, not that it isn't helpful.

Post September 7th, 2003, 1:01 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

they're starting to charge $7 now to give out a new dl link, maybe they give you your old info free, good luck

Post September 7th, 2003, 5:22 am

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
Not entirely correct. They only charge if you want it immediatly. If you can wait for a few days it's still free. No worries.

Buster.

Post September 7th, 2003, 9:00 pm

Oh I'm not worried. Just as long as I get it back.[8D] Thanks for the help guys.

Post September 8th, 2003, 5:27 pm

I just got my stuff not too long ago. I'll be making coasters in no time. Again thanks for the help guys.[:D]

Post September 11th, 2003, 5:26 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Post September 11th, 2003, 5:30 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post September 11th, 2003, 7:33 pm

Points on hand: 2,947.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster