Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Hersheypark: 9-18

Hersheypark: 9-18

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post September 18th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Heyyyyy GUYS! I just got home from my DC trip. DC was truly an amazing city, I love the whole area and everything, its beautiful. But this is a Hershey TR, so enough about DC. We took a side trip to Hersheypark on Sunday- The last day. I loved the place. It has amazing charm, and nice theming with all the chocolately-like-things. It honestly reminded me of Disneyland. I'm very glad I chose it over Great Adventure. I'm not going to make this a very long report, because I dont have much to say, and I didnt take any pictures because my card was full from the DC area. I took some video, I might get that up on Youtube in a little while... maybe?

SuperDooperLooper- This was a really fun first ride of the day, it was alot better than my hometown Revolution IMO. The pacing was alot better, and it dove in and out of the hillside. I enjoyed it a ton. The lack of OTSR's adds a ton to the ride. 7/10

Great Bear- My second B&M invert. This ride seriously packed a punch, it was one of my favorite rides of the day, I liked it better than Storm Runner for sure. The predrop turn is genius and the whole ride pace's so viciously! I love the cork over the river, the supports around it added a great effect. 9/10

Storm Runner- Well we ended up waiting an hour for this because they had 1 train operation. I think I had my expectations set WAY to high for this thing. I didnt think it was anything too special. I liked the launch, tophat, and entrance to the snake dive. But everything else was pretty uneventful. The switchback before the final brakes was painful, it didnt flow as well as it looks. Bottom line- Very sexy ride, Not as great to ride... 8/10

Lighting racer- Amazing ride, I love GCI. What they did with this is absolutely awesome... It just took my breath away. Superfun, Both sides were very different rides aswell... I think I liked Thunder Better. 10/10

Wildcat- I was expecting alot out of this ride too, just getting off of LR. It really would have been fun if it was a bit smoother, I got some major whiplash on that Diplike thing in the middle of the ride, between turns (If anyone knows where im talking about). I think the layout is very nice, just didnt work out right with the roughness. Great first drop in back seat though! w00t! 6/10

Comet- Last ride of the day, and BEST ride of the day! This thing absolutely KICKED ASS! It was my favorite ride in the park along with LR. It had SOOO much airtime, and with the buzz-bars it was intesified times 10! I just loved the whole experience, classic, fun, thrilling. DONT MISS THIS THING! 11/10 (for emphasis)

So I had alot of fun at the park, also went on the Chocolate tour. Thanks to Hershey for a great day! Peace!

Post September 18th, 2006, 5:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Woohoo, you listened to me! Boo Six Flags!

Sounds like you had an AWESOME time. DC was also amazing when I visited with my buddies back in June.

Oh yeah, LR has my #1 spot, so yeah!

Post September 18th, 2006, 6:29 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

Post September 18th, 2006, 6:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
Hershey Park really is like awesome. All the coasters there are amazing except for like roller soaker and sidewinder (personally i hate wildcat)

Coment really is awesome people are always like "lets skip this" but its insane, tons of airtime. a crooked lift hill...it doesnt get any better then that :D

Sounds like you had fun i know i do everytime i go...your also right about storm runners double up when you look at it, it looks so graceful but when your on it, its mad painfull.

Post September 18th, 2006, 7:45 pm

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Here's my SDL pov, the quality is crunched to crap so I could upload it quick, its really nice on my camera...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ogjw8Mt8S1c

Post September 18th, 2006, 8:18 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

^upload a higher res to PutFile or somethin, I wanna see it with nice quality.

thats so weird about SR. I didn't know they could take trains off... I mean yur right, where is that storage track???

Post September 18th, 2006, 8:51 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Nice trip report, sounds like a great day. I wish I'd had time to go on SDL and Comet when I was there, but we were only there for the night so we just went on the bigger coasters. SDL does look like a lot more fun than Revolution, especially without the OTSRs. That reminds me, I should get around to doing my photo TR of California soon, I've been too busy with school lately.

Post September 19th, 2006, 4:43 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

I just love that Schwarzkopf pace... although it's not insane on SDL, you can see a nice build up of intensity just from the POV. I think Revolution must've been better in its old days, though... Glad you loved comet, the classic woodies always have to win! [peakhill]

Post September 19th, 2006, 4:48 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

That ride is a lot longer than I remember. Well, I guess I did ride it 7 years ago...

Post September 19th, 2006, 6:31 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Woah really? For some reason it seemed shorter than what I remember. Still looks really awesome though.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports