Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion hey emo kids

hey emo kids

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 6th, 2007, 8:49 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWWI2rGdda4
little history lesson for all ya'll.
Last edited by jayman on July 6th, 2007, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post July 6th, 2007, 9:10 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post July 6th, 2007, 9:11 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

"the emo"? oh.. i meant in general.. just a catchy header.

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:05 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:15 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

no.. that's true american hadcore punk rock .
d.c.s "emocore " scene didn't really show up untill the mid 80's
and then it was black sneakers and white belts..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtsxAQnOy_8
and then, perhaps most importantly, this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kj22AxNJ ... ed&search=

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:19 pm

^ah. I don't have a great understanding of the emo scene, I just know that it didn't start with New Found Glory.

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:24 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

I used to not have a problem with calling bands like Antioch Arrow, Nation of Ulysses, Heroin (brain fart), and even Some Velvet Sidewalk "emo", but now it bothers me.

Stupid modern emo kids ruined emo for me.[B)]]

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:29 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

doh...
moving parts is the name of the song.
new foud glory is emo? they look like wannabe christian rock version of green day.

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,135.00 Points
dude realy emo isnt bad its just there life style it doesnt change are life i think if u dont like emos then its like being racist

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:33 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

huh?
i'm with you zoozer, i know some of these people. and yeah, 10 years ago i'd have used the term to refer to their music.. not them.. i just think it's funny how it's been exploited to the point of white belts, stripy shirts, and black sneakers are being sold at the mall to 13 year old kids. and they call it "emo"

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:35 pm

^^It's not a lifestyle, it's an just a clothing fad to make them feel like part of a group.

And I'll admit, I like there clothes. Just not when it's all from Hot Topic and that crap.

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:36 pm

Originally posted by Flat_Land

dude realy emo isnt bad its just there life style it doesnt change are life i think if u dont like emos then its like being racist

just don't post anything for a while...

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,135.00 Points

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:41 pm

I don't know. I think it has something to do with some post about emo being a race of people...

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:42 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Z00Z3R

^^It's not a lifestyle, it's an just a clothing fad to make them feel like part of a group.

And I'll admit, I like there clothes. Just not when it's all from Hot Topic and that crap.

that place has pissed me off several times.. never been there, but i've collected vintage clothes since i was in high school. on several ocasions i've seen someone with what looks like a bitchen vintage tshirt only to find out it's some factory worn thing from "hot topic'
the worst is when i'm out shopping and that garbage winds up in the thriftstores, cleverly disuised as something bitchen.. geeze.. kids these days can just go out and BUY cool i guess.

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:45 pm

I never find anything cool at thrift-stores here in the Dallas area. All of the shirts have some redneck joke on them and they're filled to the rim with blue jeans.

So, yeah, I buy "cool" shirts at Hot Topic. But only in the clearance isle. I'm not paying $30 for a shirt.

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:47 pm

Originally posted by jayman

new foud glory is emo? they look like wannabe christian rock version of green day.

if I remember correctly, they were one of the first whiny, annoying mainstream bands of the 90's.

Post July 6th, 2007, 11:55 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Post July 7th, 2007, 12:37 am

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

I think New Found Glory was mid 90's, Smer. If somebody knows or has looked that up, correct me. If I'm right, give me a cookie!

Since we're on the subject, I got in trouble at Hot Topic. Apparently you can't go in and scream "comform to our non-conformity!" at the top of your lungs repeatedly.

Post July 7th, 2007, 12:59 am

Post July 7th, 2007, 1:10 am
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Iron Man

I think New Found Glory was mid 90's, Smer. If somebody knows or has looked that up, correct me. If I'm right, give me a cookie!

Since we're on the subject, I got in trouble at Hot Topic. Apparently you can't go in and scream "comform to our non-conformity!" at the top of your lungs repeatedly.

no , you cannot go into anyone's buisiness and disrupt it.

Post July 7th, 2007, 11:33 am

Points on hand: 2,200.00 Points

actually i find that emo isnt just whats worn, everyone assumes that if you dress "emo" then you are emotional and you cut and complain and cry and all that, but thats absolutely not true at all. emo is not the way you dress, its the way you act, certain personal qualities that do include being overly emotional, sometimes bipolar, and crying alot about not being happy with yourself or your life, and sometimes cutting, but whos to say that if you play footbal and youre a body builder theres absolutely no way you can posess any of those qualities?

my point is, you cant make any connection between the way someone dresses and the way they act when it comes to being emo, ive met more emo "jocks" and "wiggers" than i have actual emo kids that dress "emo"

Post July 7th, 2007, 1:14 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

[lol]

Post July 7th, 2007, 3:38 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by circask8r264

actually i find that emo isnt just whats worn, everyone assumes that if you dress "emo" then you are emotional and you cut and complain and cry and all that, but thats absolutely not true at all. emo is not the way you dress, its the way you act, certain personal qualities that do include being overly emotional, sometimes bipolar, and crying alot about not being happy with yourself or your life, and sometimes cutting, but whos to say that if you play footbal and youre a body builder theres absolutely no way you can posess any of those qualities?

my point is, you cant make any connection between the way someone dresses and the way they act when it comes to being emo, ive met more emo "jocks" and "wiggers" than i have actual emo kids that dress "emo"

someone completely missed the point of this thread.....

Post July 7th, 2007, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 905.00 Points

Originally posted by jayman

no , you cannot go into anyone's buisiness and disrupt it.

I wasn't dirupting. I was merely advertising for them. I spoke of no slander and didn't hurt anybody. I see no wrong. hehe

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion