Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Hey Guys

Hey Guys

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post September 18th, 2006, 11:33 pm

Points on hand: 62.00 Points
Hey Guys, im really bored and i cant sleep even tho its not that late. Anyway, um... I was wondering if you guys had any tools that could help me make a roller coaster on no limits. Im really, Really bad at making these things, and it would take me like years to just make 1. I dont know, but ya. Just remeber, im really bored and have nothing to do. Also im not making the ride now, but thats about it. Thanx
So, my friend came up to me the other day and asked if I wanted a frozen banana, and I said no, but I want a normal banana later, so... yea.

- RIP Mitch Hedberg

Post September 18th, 2006, 11:38 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,180.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
You can't learn NL faster with some tools. It goes just as quick as someone without.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post September 19th, 2006, 12:26 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Post September 19th, 2006, 2:56 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
Your much better off learning NL through some handbuilding, then once you understand the basic mechanics of what makes a good coaster (shaping, what pumping is, acceptable G's on different ride types, good supports, ect) take on tools.

Of course that's just advice, the decision is up to you.

Keep in mind the tools can be very intimidating and as I have discovered, require a good math background and understanding of basic math stuff, and can be tedious.

Good luck.

Post September 19th, 2006, 4:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

For me it was just personal preference. I'd rather work with formulas and such than handbuild, which can be a very tiring process. However, at the beginning, Elementary can be too. It just came easier for me. I gave up after like 2 or 3 hand tracks! :p.

Post September 19th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
^ after vulcan (which is like a mad short track) i was like im switching to elementry. I did and found it better for me...somethings are a lil tricky but most of it i can do on my own.

Post September 19th, 2006, 7:56 pm
Brtnboarder495 Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,362.00 Points
I'm a perfectionist so I need to use tools, regaurdless of how tedious they can become to use.

Return to No Limits Coaster