Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Hillside Rumbler (Round 2)

Hillside Rumbler (Round 2)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post March 26th, 2006, 6:00 am

Points on hand: 1,152.00 Points
Hillside Rumbler

Inspired by the Kentucky Rumbler, this is my coaster's name for Round 2.
The Hillside Rumbler will blast you with a speed of 126 kph into the Eternal Knot. This is the required original element. It's a mix between a Serpent Roll and parallel loops. It also delivers G's up to 5.2 and weightlessness of around 0G.

The entire layout has a length of 1665 meters (5462 ft.) and fills every available corner of the template.

I don't have much time to build this one, so my 3ds' will not be really scene objects, but just details like footers and stuff [:)]

Screens:

Prelaunch section:

Looking down the launch:

Airtimehill and loopscrew:

Zero-G

Twists and Turns

Bye [^]

Post March 26th, 2006, 6:19 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Just curious, how did a GCI woodie inspire you to build this? [lol]

Post March 26th, 2006, 6:38 am

Points on hand: 895.00 Points

Looks very nice, but is there any noticable pumping in your original element?

Post March 26th, 2006, 9:18 am

Originally posted by Canadmos

Just curious, how did a GCI woodie inspire you to build this? [lol]

LOL [:D] it only inspired the name of the coaster. [:p]

Kentucky rumbler
Hillside rumbler
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
^Well, there are some radius changes, but they are like the radius changes in a regular loop, for keeping the G's as low as possible.

Post March 26th, 2006, 9:34 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Sweet, looks like you have a ton of inversions in there. I only stuck to using 2! I like that little prelift section, making your ride different from others. Still can't wait to ride all the submissions. You guys are going to own my track.

Post March 26th, 2006, 11:04 am

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Looks good, but that final helix needs more supports.

Notice how close these supports are. http://coasterimage.com/pictures/sixfla ... teel06.htm

Post March 26th, 2006, 11:20 am

Points on hand: 3,540.00 Points
^ I think youre talking about the first helix, and the reason the supports are so close together in your picture is because the track is only 2-rail, that kind of track need more supporting than quad or tri track.
-Tony.

Post March 26th, 2006, 12:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,656.00 Points

Jim, the track wont need that many supports because the helix in his ride is taken at what looks to be somewhere around 20 mph, whereas the one in the picture you linked to is taken somewhere around 70 mph. Looks very nice so far Mikado, I especially like the original element, its creative yet believable.

Post March 26th, 2006, 12:27 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Honestly with that SROS, I have no clue what Intamin was thinking. It's not only the 2 rail being everywhere, but there are huge straight section where they could easily fit another airtime hill into.

Post March 26th, 2006, 1:01 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
i dont mean to be a pest but man the colors are just ick, try making the track just orange and then maybe a silver support

Post March 28th, 2006, 4:58 pm

To be honest.. supporting is going really slow.. It will be a race against the time, i guess. [:)] I'm currently supporting here and there, but I can't get stick to one part of the ride [:D]I'm running 3 6-car trains now, and everything goes smoothly. No stacking and stuff..
Screens (dunno why they're so blurry - oh, i see, Imageshack.us resized them..):

Here's the most of the supporting work done.

Supporting began under the Eternal Knot..

And also here..

Ready to take off! (Launch mechanism has been done, too)

Greets!

Post March 28th, 2006, 5:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Post March 28th, 2006, 5:40 pm

Points on hand: 2,221.00 Points
are u using any tools or are u building it by hand?

Post March 29th, 2006, 1:08 am

Thanks, and everything has been done using tools.. [:)]

Return to Hard Hat Area