Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster HL in Elementary (Help needed)

HL in Elementary (Help needed)

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post March 14th, 2007, 2:10 pm

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
I've decided to build a one trick pony type of ride today after I've created this awesome element in Elementary but the element itself has a bit of a problem. I've used my weird and wonderful physics 2nd year textbook to create this combination of formulas and was surprised by the fact that the result was quite accurate. But I'm not a quite accurate type of person I want it to be insanely accurate. So my main problem is, is that the track that I've built is where I want the heart line to be. Are there any formula methods that I can use to fix this problem?

(Don't say yeah you freaking idiot use AHG. That is not the type of element I'm designing!!! AHG does absolutely nothing to it.)

If you have a method that can convert my function into another that represent?????????s the track, that would be great!!!

I will upload a ride using this element as soon as I'm done and then you guys will see exactly what I mean by no AHG. Plus I'll give a link were some of you that are interested can download the complete function I wrote.

Post March 14th, 2007, 2:29 pm

Points on hand: 290.00 Points

Post March 14th, 2007, 2:42 pm

Oh well. I actually thought it might be a bit of a ridicules question but it was worth a shot. I'll just see what I can do.

Post March 14th, 2007, 2:56 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

If the track is already where you want it, just set the heartline value in the AHG to 0 and if the banking is already set then just color it black.

But that's probably not your question.

Post March 14th, 2007, 3:12 pm

^Now I feel like an idiot.[sillyme] That is exactly what I wanted. Thanks.

Edit: Wait...mmm where will the track go then wouldn't it just stay in the same place?

Post March 14th, 2007, 3:26 pm

Yeah but it would smooth the banking varying amounts depending on the filter

Post March 14th, 2007, 3:36 pm

The track is as smooth as hell. That's one of the reasons I decided to look up some physics.

But it's all right; I'm working on this thing on paper at this moment. The main problem is the ratios of the HLn's distance to the track in all three dimensions but I'll probably get it after a wile.

Post March 14th, 2007, 4:47 pm

Oh wait, if you want the heartline to be where the track is, all you have to do is heartline with the recommended value. Since when you heartline with the AHG the base track is where the heartline will be. If you'd like to keep the same banking, same as above, just color black.

Post March 14th, 2007, 4:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,346.00 Points

Post March 14th, 2007, 5:29 pm

Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

Oh wait, if you want the heartline to be where the track is, all you have to do is heartline with the recommended value. Since when you heartline with the AHG the base track is where the heartline will be. If you'd like to keep the same banking, same as above, just color black.

This is way I suck at AHG. I know how to use it but I don't have a clue what it does except for heart lining and smoothing.

Post March 14th, 2007, 6:13 pm

Points on hand: 3,503.00 Points
From the description of your problem, I'd say that AHG is EXACTLY what you need. That's exactly what i wrote it for.

Post March 14th, 2007, 8:14 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

Post March 14th, 2007, 8:33 pm

Or just the normal loop one.

Or you can make a pretty circle on a graphing calc by parametric:
X = R * sin(t)
Y = R * cos(t)

R just being a random variable. And you can be cool and make an elipse by changing the R value on one of the systems.

Post March 15th, 2007, 9:31 pm

Points on hand: 3,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Jimmy Yoshi

Or just the normal loop one.

Or you can make a pretty circle on a graphing calc by parametric:
X = R * sin(t)
Y = R * cos(t)

R just being a random variable. And you can be cool and make an elipse by changing the R value on one of the systems.

Or just the abnormal loop one???

so you can make a pretty injury on a graphing pain by paramedic:
X = B * sin(t)
Y = B * cos(t)

B just being a random bruise. And you can be fainting and make a whiplash by changing the B value on one of the triginometric syringes.

Conclusion: Please! Never create a loop like that! [:(]

Post March 15th, 2007, 10:39 pm

No I meant in a calculator, not in elementary. Makes a pretty circle! A graphing calculator. I know to never create a loop like that, that's just stupid. I know I'm an idiot, but I never intended for him to use that for some NL track.

Image Insert:
97.86 KB

That is what I meant, not an actual loop in elementary. By definition that would be a loop (I think, but I'm known to be a 14 year old babbling idiot).

Post March 15th, 2007, 11:05 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Jimmy, your 15 now, you should take on the responsibility of being an intelligent member of the site.

Return to No Limits Coaster