Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions how come B&M never made a true LIM lauched coaster

how come B&M never made a true LIM lauched coaster

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 1,866.00 Points
this has been killing me since I first took real intrest in coasters, Intamin makes them, so why didnt B&M compete with them?

Can anyone awnser this?

INCREDIBLE HULK DOES NOT COUNT!!! its flywheel launched and its not even a complete launch!

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Don't you mean "tire propelled launch?"
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:43 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
Incredible Hulk isn't a flywheel launch, dumbass. Also, Intamin uses primarily LSMs now, not LIMs.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

From what I've heard, B&M said a long time ago that they're just not interested in producing launched coasters. Incredible Hulk was an exception; B&M agreed to do it as long as the park found a different contractor to design the launch itself, they just designed the rest of the ride.

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:45 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
There's no competition. B&M destroys most Intamin with Dive Machines, Flyers, Floorless multi-loopers and all multi-loopers at that. Some say B&M Hypers have more to deliver than some Intamin Hypers.

Why didn't Intamin compete with them and make a Dive Machine? Or a Flyer? Hahaha, B&M is good at worrying about themselves and still being some of the best.

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:49 pm

I think it is great that B&M and Intamin do not offer similar rides or ride experiences.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post March 1st, 2011, 9:53 pm

Points on hand: 1,171.00 Points

Yeah the two companies really each have their own niche within the business, B&M giving parks high capacity, low maintenance, guaranteed-to-please rides while Intamin pushes the boundaries a little more even if their rides tend to be a little less reliable as far as maintenance and other factors are concerned.

Post March 1st, 2011, 10:59 pm

Post March 1st, 2011, 11:19 pm

Points on hand: 1,866.00 Points
Originally posted by slosprint

Incredible Hulk isn't a flywheel launch, dumbass. Also, Intamin uses primarily LSMs now, not LIMs.

vagina

Post March 1st, 2011, 11:21 pm

Post March 1st, 2011, 11:21 pm

Nice comeback

Post March 2nd, 2011, 2:45 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

majourly they said theyre not intrested in launched coasters and yes i think thats great.

the only other thing i would say is the design of there trains, they are stupidly heavy and any lauch system would struggle to launch them at all.

first thing is though, they dont want to and i agree with them, a launched B&M wouldent seem right to me and incredable hulks is basically just like a fast lift hill in my eyes so dont count LOL
Making screams come true

Post March 2nd, 2011, 2:52 pm

Points on hand: 1,303.00 Points
Originally posted by slosprint

You are kind cool of the roller coaster world... but that's it.

Post March 2nd, 2011, 3:58 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
B&M doesn't want to use unreliable launch methods, they say it's 'not their thing'. So if a park want a launched B&M, B&M will build the coaster, but the park has to subcontract another company to build the actual launch.
In Hulk's case, the transport tire launch was the simplest solution.

Post March 2nd, 2011, 5:00 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Originally posted by nolimitsfan38
INCREDIBLE HULK DOES NOT COUNT!!! its flywheel launched and its not even a complete launch!

Let's flip a bigger poop next time we want to say something obvious, shall we?

Post March 2nd, 2011, 7:15 pm

Points on hand: 77.00 Points
This is why I barely spend time here:P
B&M are too busy being awesome. The launch and then the huge ass track and you've got a super expensive lump of metal that's just a waste of their money.

Post March 2nd, 2011, 8:11 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm pretty sure it's more of a "don't fix it if it ain't broken" philosophy from them regarding train modification and such.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 2nd, 2011, 8:20 pm
Tetsu Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 44.00 Points
Bank: 4,333.00 Points
Originally posted by guitarplayer673

From what I've heard, B&M said a long time ago that they're just not interested in producing launched coasters.

There, question answered.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions