Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion How did you find out about NoLimits

How did you find out about NoLimits

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 19th, 2010, 8:33 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
this is a topic to share on how you found no limits.

-i found no limits about 2 years ago. at first i used rct3, but i didn't like it one bit. so i tried to use no limits and all i saw was a purple thing(the vertex) and didn't know where to begin. after a month or so i looked up a tutorial(which is how i found coaster crazy) and i started getting better.

Edit:i also remember i played thrillville off the rails for a while. But i didnt like it because you couldn't set any brakes
Last edited by RideWarriorNation on October 19th, 2010, 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post October 19th, 2010, 8:38 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Back 7 years ago, I was browsing ACE's website and saw an ad for NL 1.262.

Post October 19th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
From my friend, and I have no idea how he heard about it. But it was way back in 7th grade...6 years ago.

Post October 19th, 2010, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
I found out about it a few years back but did not take interest in buying the game. I tried playing the demo and thought it was too difficult. Then back in March I decided to try it out again and ended up buying it and here I am today.

EDIT: I first found a video of No Limits on youtube and did some research on it after that.
This is not my signature.

Post October 19th, 2010, 8:56 pm

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
I was going to BGW one summer and before I went I wanted to see what I was in for (a bit of an enthusiast back then but nothing drastic) and I searched Google for Loch Ness Monster photos and found a animated picture and it took me right to the No Limits website. Then, you ca figure out what would happen then.

Post October 19th, 2010, 9:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,588.00 Points
You know, I don't remember. I remember I got the demo and that was enough for me to go buy it. I remember that this was just a couple of months before the huge update with wooden coasters was released, it was coaster heaven. But I don't remember what called my attention to the demo. It might have been a game site like GameSpot or IGN if it was ever listed in their demos, I used to cruise those sites for interesting looking demos every couple of months or so.
Be sure you're not looking in a mirror before you start pointing fingers.

Post October 19th, 2010, 10:24 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
2 years ago after searching for Expedition Everest Recreations.

Post October 19th, 2010, 10:39 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,054.50 Points

Post October 19th, 2010, 10:52 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points

Post October 19th, 2010, 11:17 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

I found out about it way, way back at the very beginning, in September/October of 2001, before the full game was even released. I stumbled upon the development website during a random internet search where I was trying to find a better roller-coaster-creation game than RCT1 and the ancient 'Disney's Coaster'. After downloading the demo, I spent the better part of the next month building demo coasters, counting down the days until its official release. I got it shortly thereafter, as an early Christmas present, in November of 2001.

Post October 20th, 2010, 5:43 am

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

my story is very much the same a CJD, i was using the demo for a good whilke befor it was officially released but i was serching for other rollercoaster games and came across NL
Making screams come true

Post October 20th, 2010, 8:17 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
I saw an add in a computer magazine from my brother long time ago back in 2002. It looked pretty promising so I downloaded the demo immediately. After that I was hooked on it for life. Bought the full Version and since then I own NL starting from version 1.1 [:)]

Let's see if I still can find the magazine somewhere. My brother used to bundle all those magazines together. Let's hope mom didn't threw em all out...
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post October 20th, 2010, 9:55 am
AyTrane Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,132.00 Points
Ole posted updates on CoasterBuzz over the progress of the program's development. When the demo came out, I downloaded it, and then eventually purchased the game. I was pretty hesitant to spend the money at first because the program was a little difficult to use from what I was used to, but I am fairly certain it has paid for itself over the years.

Return to Off Topic Discussion