Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions How terrible Seaworld is..

How terrible Seaworld is..

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post December 31st, 2014, 4:22 pm

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
In one of my classes in school, we were watching a documentary about how bad seaworld is.. Basically the entire thing was talking about how poorly they take care of the whales and how they've attacked many trainers, some killed, due to the amount of care given. There were talk about how when they got one of the whales. (Tikumu or something like that) It was literally ripped from it's family and it was so dramatic that people who had to actually catch the whale could hear the sounds from the other whales screeching with the whale itself screeching right back, etc etc etc. Another thing was how they keep the whales in these 20 x 30 ft tanks overnight. I don't know if this stuff was real but thought i'd share it with ya, you can watch the documentary on netflix although I completely forgot the name of it. But it was pretty messed up, thought i'd share it with ya'll

Post December 31st, 2014, 4:41 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Yea you are talking about Blackfish which is all propaganda. I hate Blackfish and the selfish bastards who made it.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post December 31st, 2014, 4:49 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Pretty much everybody is already aware of this. And rest assured, the company is certainly suffering from this publicity rap, and I don't think it's happening slowly. It's not just SeaWorld but there are a lot of wildlife entertainment centers that take horrid care of the creatures- Busch Gardens being under the same parent company is included.

But yes, those documentaries are actually achieving their goal pretty well. People all over the world are showing less tolerance for mistreatment of wildlife and these parks lose a lot of guest traffic because of it.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post December 31st, 2014, 4:50 pm

What about disney? Animal kingdom and all.. I sure hope they atleast try.. xD I mean i'm usually not triggered by these type of things but I thought how seaworld treated their animals was pretty messed up.

Post December 31st, 2014, 4:53 pm

Points on hand: 421.00 Points

LIBERAL PROPAGANDA

Seriously though do you go to a government school? They show you that enviro-nazi stuff to get you to vote for the ruling liberal elite who try to take away our freedom for the good of these doofy whales. Also it's fake, most enviro-nazi stuff is such as the "Gasland" documentary. The government schools are trying to get you to be a "Newspeaking" "Doublethinking" retard. Talk to me and I'll unlearn ya everything and relearn ya the right way.
CoasterJed...Coasting for a while...

Post December 31st, 2014, 4:58 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
CoasterJed wrote:

Thank you for posting that Boomer gif. Me thanks you.

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:00 pm

Idk man, I wouldn't doubt that Seaworld treats the animals terribly.. It doesn't seem like the type of place that makes enough money to care. xD

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:03 pm

SeaWorld spends annually around $70 million just on wildlife conservation and care. SeaWorld doesn't treat the animals poorly at all. Blackfish is a piss poor attempt for animal rights nuts to enforce their own agenda.

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:05 pm

Dang, really? Some parts of the doc seemed a bit weird to be true. So I expected most of you guys to correct me if it was complete bull poop or not. Thanks CC!

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:08 pm

Rickrollercoaster wrote:
SeaWorld spends annually around $70 million just on wildlife conservation and care. SeaWorld doesn't treat the animals poorly at all. Blackfish is a piss poor attempt for animal rights nuts to enforce their own agenda.

Exactly though, these eco-fascists get me crazy. Whether it's this or trying to make everyone driving Prius's, which by the way have batteries that when disposed are absolutely cancerous to the environment. They don't give a hoot about Tikimi or Shamwow, the just want to advance their own agenda. Remember the face of the enemy.

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:12 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Fracking is great and please buy an SUV, preferably something by Chrysler.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:15 pm

Most of the methods displayed in the documentary are outdated by almost 40 years. Blackfish takes their own biased research and bends them into a "true fact"

Here's some fact checking links:

http://awesomeocean.com/2014/07/22/blac ... -debunked/

An interview with a former trainer:
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/ ... 145648.php

http://seaworld.com/truth/truth-about-blackfish/

http://www.baynews9.com/content/news/ba ... kfish.html

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:16 pm

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Fracking is great and please buy an SUV, preferably something by Chrysler.

Don't tell me your one of them. I really like you.

Chrysler: Cool Hot Racecars & Young Sexy Ladies Every Race

They make great cars, have you heard of the Challenger Hellcat? Talk about a deal!!

Fracking is totally clean actually. I urge you to watch the movie FrackNation. It was funded on a shoestring budget from Kickstarter unlike your beloved faker Josh Fox who funded his movie by HBO and Greenpeace. sigh...totally unbiased right?

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:19 pm

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
This may get pg13 this paragraph but I need to say it I've been working my love as off to get those blackfish lovers off of seaworld the worst part of this love thing peta made it and they don't tucking care about the animals look they killed a little girls dog and love sent back a fruit basket they don't love care about animals they want animals dead ive been working on the front lines stoping them with there tucking biased movie I've protested there protests at seaworld Orlando I've been feeling the pain of these love loser and Im sick in tired of the schools supporting it by playing it sorry but I had to say it but those loser deserve to have there company destroyed and seaworld should stop letting peta buy stocks to seaworld

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:20 pm
Paradox User avatar

I hate how the whole documentary contains interview after interview. While they can be informative, interviewing opens up the possibility of bias/bribing.

Sometimes, I really do think North Korea is better off than America and this documentary supports this.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:23 pm

deere839 wrote:
...peta...they don't tucking care about the animals look they killed a little girls dog...

That's not the only dog they killed. They have a HUGE industrial size freezer full of dead dogs in their headquarters.

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:24 pm

PETA is a disgusting, liberal, brainwashed, good-for-nothing, slimey, nut covered, steaming pile of bullpoop

Their "Shelter" at the headquartes in Virginia, kills over 90% of animals they "take in."

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:28 pm

You want to hear the worst part they do a biased movie and have thousands eating out of there hands but when seaworld rescues a animal they say have you seen bullshit blackfish seaworld should stop I hate when they say that I have been supporting seaworld and stoping them from attacking any place that supports seaworld

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:37 pm
hyyyper User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 9,207.00 Points
I have been to SeaWorld Orlando last november and the amount of fish they keep together in enclosed space can never be healthy. Me and my friend we getting claustrophobic vibes just looking at fish (large and small) swimming around in the same circle for the entire day because that's all the free space those animals have.

And FYI, I do not fully believe blackfish, but I don't think it's all lies and I hate PETA 100%.

and in case you want to hear terrible seaworld stories from a more un-biased source:
http://www.cracked.com/article_20957_6- ... world.html

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:39 pm
Paradox User avatar

We need more coaster enthusiasts in politics instead of the terrible Senators we have now. Our government is falling apart and people are being brainwashed.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:41 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
CoasterJed wrote:

LIBERAL PROPAGANDA

Seriously though do you go to a government school? They show you that enviro-nazi stuff to get you to vote for the ruling liberal elite who try to take away our freedom for the good of these doofy whales. Also it's fake, most enviro-nazi stuff is such as the "Gasland" documentary. The government schools are trying to get you to be a "Newspeaking" "Doublethinking" retard. Talk to me and I'll unlearn ya everything and relearn ya the right way.

Why does this have to turn into a liberal vs. conservative thing? Thats whats really wrong with the USA, and both sides are to blame for that. Not to mention that there are also quite a few international members on this site too, Do they have to fit within the Liberal or Conservative belief system that us Americans hold onto dearly just to be able to show their opinion on something? Sorry I can't stand that kind of thinking no matter what side it is, this is how civil wars start.

On topic though during my visit to Orlando(early 2011), Seaworld seemed to take excellent care of their animals and I found the day spent there to be far more educational than any of the other parks I visited, Including animal Kingdom. My thought is that if they took such bad care of their animals why would they go through the trouble of making their exhibits educational?
What are these for?

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:46 pm

I go to seaworld a lot it's my home park seaworld treats there animals so good they treat them better than the employees(thanks Obama care for that)but they care about there animals so good they have been expanding the tanks(witch is still going to happen as far I've heard) the animals are there #1 priority and peta wants to kill every animal at seaworld they try so hard they take pictures from places that dont care about animals and hurts them and says there seaworld animals even though the picture came from japan

Post December 31st, 2014, 5:53 pm

Paradox wrote:
We need more coaster enthusiasts in politics instead of the terrible Senators we have now. Our government is falling apart and people are being brainwashed.

AMEN to that. I only trust a very select few in Washington, the wretched land of scum and villainy that it is. I have seen some very good, educated and smart opinions here in our little community.

CKidd wrote:
Why does this have to turn into a liberal vs. conservative thing?...

Liberal versus conservative is the natural progression of this conversation. The liberals believe in controlling how SeaWorld or anywhere else does business, a true conservative believes in freedom and that the market will take car of wrongdoers.

CKidd wrote:
...international members on this site too...fit within the Liberal or Conservative belief system....

Yes they do. See:

Democrat Vs. Republican=American two party system where both don't really care about you and are just fighting over who rules over you in the end.

Liberal Vs. Conservative=Struggle the world over between those who believe that the government knows better than you do and those that actually want to make their own decisions.

CKidd wrote:
...this is how civil wars start...

Exactly

Secede or die.

Post December 31st, 2014, 6:02 pm

Post December 31st, 2014, 6:04 pm

Something good I feel now I know who supports seaworld

Next

Return to General Theme Park Discussions