Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Hurricane Rita

Hurricane Rita

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post September 21st, 2005, 7:07 pm

Points on hand: 200.00 Points

I have been watching the news and hering about herricane ratta it is now a cat5 storm with winds of 165mph and it is headed for texas. I hope that it does'nt hit texas or new orlens becuse new orlens is still geting back to nomal I aslo hope that it does'nt hit teaxs becuse the compy headquaters that I am empoyed by is in huston teaxs I work for brinker interanal and I work at romaon's macarin grill it is a restant run by brinker interanal. The way the storm looks like it is going to miss hiting me becuse I live in lancaster pa and not alot of hurricans hit where I live they are usely a topical storm or a depson when they hit my area. This hurrican migth have the lowst air pussre for a hurricane and it is going to do alot of damage in texas I hope that it goes away from the usa becuse it is bigger then the other hurricane that hit new orlnes.

Post September 21st, 2005, 7:08 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points

Post September 21st, 2005, 7:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post September 21st, 2005, 7:10 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

u beat me to it. Chrisps u really need to work with ur spelling its just pathetic!

Post September 21st, 2005, 7:37 pm

I am sorry for all of the spelling errors I have a disabuty and it is hard for me to spell things the disabuty that I have is astim and I don'nt think that it is funny that peole make fun of my spelling. I don'nt think that some of you know what it is like to have astim or a lering disabuty I will have it for the rest of my life so I need a liitle help with spelling and math I don'nt do good in math it was hard for me to do high school math and do spelling it is hard for someone who has a lering disablty to do spelling and math. I will try harder to spell things corrtly I don'nt aspted peole making fun of me becuse I can'nt spell things corelty.

Post September 21st, 2005, 7:42 pm

Points on hand: 2,539.00 Points
It is bigger right now but who knows if it will stay that way. But yes lets hope this one is nothing compared to katrina, and if it is lets hope we dont blow it again after.

Post September 21st, 2005, 8:13 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post September 21st, 2005, 8:15 pm

Points on hand: 3,649.00 Points

I've heard right now that it's a category 5.Anyone know where it's supposed to hit?

Post September 21st, 2005, 8:20 pm

Points on hand: 2,304.00 Points

Post September 21st, 2005, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,024.00 Points
I have a bad feeling its gonna curve into Louisiana!

Post September 21st, 2005, 8:29 pm

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

Post September 21st, 2005, 8:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Dynamix

That would suck sooo bad. Then NO would just become a ghost town.

P.S.
[:(!]Don't make fun of people because of there spelling, there may be an underlying legitimate cause for it. If you'd even care to notice Chrisps' spelling has been improved greatly, since I first came here (May '05).

Post September 21st, 2005, 8:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,146.00 Points

Don't even think like that![:(!]

Post September 21st, 2005, 8:55 pm

Originally posted by luster777

Don't even think like that![:(!]

Well, it's kinda hard not to, being as it's heading right toward Texas and a little northren movement will send it straight for LA.

Post September 21st, 2005, 8:56 pm

Points on hand: 5,408.00 Points
Well i have heard it is going towards Texas, well six flags astro world might get flooded.

Post September 21st, 2005, 9:00 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
What's this going to do with that coaster in the UK that happens to have the same name?

Post September 21st, 2005, 9:16 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

nothing, they sure as hell better not change it in "respect" for the people who died. You can't control nature. ANd to change it would be gay, no matter what the damage is. As for the hurricane itself, its going to be awsome. You have to admire nature for the unstoppable force it is. You can't do anything to stop it, all you can do is run! The other day, we had a thunderstorm in CA, and I couldn't help but admire it, its so awsome, the sounds, the power, and its just the wrath of nature, which makes it so awsome, and if you don't like me for saying that, bite me, I can't control the huricane, and what it does to people, but I can admire it.

Post September 21st, 2005, 9:20 pm

I hope that everyone gets evated and no one stays to see what this storm does. I hope that six flags over texas does'nt get flooed like six flags new orlens.I don'nt think that rita will hit new orlens on my local news they sad that it was going to hit teaxs and hit histon texas I hope not becuse the compy I work for headquters is in huston texas and if the hurricane hits texas it will mess up the computers at the restont that I work at I won'nt be able to clock in and get payed. I hope that this strom does'nt do what the other hurricane did to new orlens I feel bad for the pepole in new orlans becuse they lost everything and have to rebuld they houses and alot of peole are out of jobs I hope that the samething does'nt happen in teaxs that happen in new orlens. the hurricane is now the 5th storgst hurricane on record. I hope that six flags over texas dosn'nt get flooed rember what happen last year with all of the havy rain flooding six flags over teaxs?

Post September 21st, 2005, 9:29 pm

Originally posted by coasteragent99

What's this going to do with that coaster in the UK that happens to have the same name?

If it's bad enough and the loss of life high enough, they might have to change the name. I doubt it though, but it is possible, they did it with K2 (formerly Tsunami) at Clementon, in NJ.

Post September 21st, 2005, 9:29 pm

Points on hand: 2,146.00 Points

Wow. Its the 5th stongest already! Wow. I just found out about it last night.

Post September 21st, 2005, 9:30 pm

Points on hand: 2,539.00 Points
Actually, its now the 3rd strongest. That is insane. does anyone know what katrina was considered?

Post September 21st, 2005, 9:39 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

well, it was the worst disaster in the history of america, so it doesn't matter how strong it was, it did a hell of a lot of damage.

Post September 21st, 2005, 9:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
LOL They better change RITA - Queen of speed to something like...Victoria - Queen of Speed. HAHAHA

Fair is fair :P

Post September 21st, 2005, 9:56 pm

I know that the other hurricane was a cat5 to and it did alot of damge to new orlens. This hurricsne is geting stonger it is in the gulf of mexico and it is in relly warm water the water temputer is around 85 deegs so that whould insesey the hurrcane relly fast and that is what happend The hurrcane is relly big I was watching my local news last nigth and it was only a cat2 storm and then at 1230pm the hurrcane was a cat4 storm it relly got instese relly fast I hope that there arn'nt anymore hurrcans this year this has been a bad hurricane sesion so far I think that it is worst then last years hurrcane seson the water keeps geting warmer and the enos have been geting worst every year. If we stop puting trash in the air the air won'nt heat up as fast as it is now so I think that gobal warming is geting wost I hope that we can slow it down some how. The thunder storms in my area have been geting wost two there has been a torado in my area in new halwen that is in Lancaster pa not to far form where I live it happen form the last hurricane before the one to hit new orlens. Last year there was an f3 torando in lebon pa that is just 45mits away form were I live it is in the next conty it is the conty above were I live. I just looked at the weater page on my local news website the air purssre is down to 26.98 and droping fast so it is geting stonger but the winds are still at 165mph with wind gust up to 200mph.

Post September 21st, 2005, 10:07 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Originally posted by Rmfrick

Well i have heard it is going towards Texas, well six flags astro world might get flooded.

ive been to SFAW and its above the highway so all the water would probally run away fromt he park.

im moving to Sa so i hope its ok there best wishes to any1 in that area

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion