Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines i dont understand how to do impusle coasters?

i dont understand how to do impusle coasters?

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post January 15th, 2006, 12:46 am

Points on hand: 2,344.00 Points
please i need help badly..i looked at the manual and it still isnt working

if someone knows please tell me[:(]

Post January 15th, 2006, 1:30 am

Points on hand: 56.00 Points

Post January 15th, 2006, 1:35 am

Points on hand: 1,469.00 Points
Get a little practice in first dude. If you have enough skill with the editor you will be able to figure out impulse coasters by yourself.

....Then look at this [;)]
http://www.coastercrazy.com/articles/ar ... 11&aid=111

Post January 15th, 2006, 2:52 am

ok thanks alot that helps :)

i worked and fooled arond with it too and i got it once but then i fooled around with it again nd it wasnt working

my exact problem to is that i want it to change speeds different laps and it stays on one speed through the whole thing

Post January 15th, 2006, 4:01 am

Points on hand: 5,058.00 Points
I can never get mine to stop, even using that guide, but since I'm not a big fan, I don't mind too much, too repeatable kinda.
For different laps, you need to change the "Lap" number in the segment you are working with, at the top of the editing properties box. From there, you can set different speeds for each lap. You can also do various things for blocks, trims, etc. It seems like a tossup whether it works or not, they've always been hard to do/get working and stop at the station when you want it to. It doesn't make sense to me, since boomerangs are easy enough...

Post January 15th, 2006, 4:03 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

You need to make it so it dosen't reach full speed on the first acceleration, in other words make the launch segment shorter. You'll need to experiment with that, finding the right speed, length, and acceleration values. This:
http://nldc.interfix.net/calculator
Might be able to help you, use the lim length calculator, it tells you the launch length needed for a given speed and acceleration.

Post January 15th, 2006, 1:08 pm

thanks for the help i figured it all out :D
its working great!

Post January 15th, 2006, 1:16 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

just look at my most recent Aerolus coaster. Its a successfully working shuttle coaster.

Post January 15th, 2006, 1:33 pm
rob User avatar

Points on hand: 3,083.00 Points

Post January 15th, 2006, 1:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Sorry, I went to it from the main page and didn't see the icon in the corner.[sillyme]

Post January 18th, 2006, 2:25 am

Points on hand: 3,231.00 Points

If you want your coaster to go thru different speed thru different laps then Place block breaks somewhere in the track. It doesn't matter where but if you put them you'll be able to let the train go at different speeds in different laps. I had problems making shuttles to but got the hang of it after =)

Return to Scream Machines