Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions If you could re-do your home park...

If you could re-do your home park...

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post June 1st, 2015, 5:55 pm

Points on hand: 849.00 Points
What would your new and improved hame park have if you could re-do it or just move some things around.

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
Oh god, so many things. Mostly re-doing all the sections so they fit their appropriate theme. Most of the sections just need little touch-ups, but the biggest problems come when you get to the British and the French sections (Map for reference.) Seriously, Six Flags cannot do Europe. In the British section, they need to REALLY get rid of that Johnny Rockets. Not only is the food horrible, IT'S THE BRITISH SECTION! WHY IS THERE A JOHNNY ROCKETS, THE MOST AMERICAN RESTUARUNT EVER, IN THE BRITISH SECTION?! Replace the Johnny Rockets with something much more British, like maybe a Fish and Chips stand. Speaking of things too American for the British section, why is a Cy-clone in the British section? That ride comes from Coney Island, which has close to nothing related to England. What I was thinking was to completely renovate and re-theme it with an RMC conversion, re-theming it to something along the lines of a tornado in the London Underground. Now to the French section, which needs much less of an overhaul than the British, but still a very large re-theme. Monster Mansion can stay how it is. In fact, it fits in with the area quite well, but the Mexican resturaunt can please go to the Spanish section. I'm not very in tune with French culture, but then again, a theme park doesn't exactly need to either. A classic "Food that sounds fancy but actually isn't because Muricans can't take food they don't recognize" kinda place would work. "Les doigts de poulet et frites" anyone? Now to the other sections. I think the Superman area and the Cotton States area should be different, and the bumper cars should either be removed or moved somewhere else in favor of a Battle for Metropolis. Finally, I would take out the Go-Karts, the Whistlestop Park area, and the part of the parking lot no one uses for a new ride. That's about it!
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Her0ofLime wrote:
A classic "Food that sounds fancy but actually isn't because Muricans can't take food they don't recognize" kinda place would work. "Les doigts de poulet et frites" anyone?

Lol so true.

BTW for you non-French speaking plebs the food is chicken fingers and fries.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 15,401.90 Points
I don't consider Kentucky Kingdom as an actual park since they change their ride roster so much it might as well be a carnival but just for this thread I'll pretend it is a park mostly because I can't really think of anything specific for Holiday World aside from maybe RMC Legend. I don't really care if this list isn't 100% realistic. This is just what I'd like to see:
-Make room to expand come hell or high water. Either make do with a reduced, relocated, or not at all Kentucky State Fair carnival midway or just relocate the entire park to somewhere not near an airport. Then maybe it wouldn't have to be a pseudo-carnival.
-RMC or Gravity Group redo of Twisted Twins. If the next option isn't feasible then this will do.
-Some kind of large B&M looper that fills the same role as Chang but an overall better ride experience. If they did that I could care less about Chang-o-Lantern.
-Faster operations on Lightning Run, or everywhere else, especially Cyclos.
-Speaking of which, I wish Cyclos had more than 16 seats. Why not 24 like most flat rides?
-2 trains on Thunder Run, even if it means remaking part of the layout to accommodate a block brake.
-Add an intermediate family coaster somewhere, something equivalent to Road Runner Express maybe.
-Why post weight limits for attractions if you're not gonna check? Sky Catcher, Fear Fall, and Professor John all have weight limits but no scale. In fact, the only ride with a weight limit I know of that has a scale is Deep Water Dive, and they don't always use it. Last season they weighed people before getting on, but when I went this year, they didn't.
-All 'big marquee' rides must stay on the property unless proper maintenance becomes too expensive, and removing perfectly fine marquee rides for little to no good reason shall be a federal crime on the level of terrorism. Well, maybe I'm greatly exaggerating on that but I just don't want something equivalent to Silver Dollar City completely removing Outlaw Run one day.
Last edited by Soko on July 7th, 2015, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Alton Towers:

Replace Rita with a mack launched
Remove the trim on Thirteen
Build a woodie.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 2,485.00 Points
Six Flags New England:

Replace Flashback with a S&S Freespin.
Replace Pandemonium with a Maurer Sohne spinner.
Replace Mind Eraser with anything.
More Flatrides that are not boring and at attempt to break records. (*Cough*Skyscreamers*Cough*)
Music that fits the theme of the area and not to attract ghetto teenagers.
Bizarro to be Superman again.
Goliath with the old trains (New ones jackhammer way too much).

Basics of my list. :)

Paradox User avatar

mrcrolly wrote:
Six Flags New England:

Replace Flashback with a S&S Freespin.
Replace Pandemonium with a Maurer Sohne spinner.
Replace Mind Eraser with anything.
More Flatrides that are not boring and at attempt to break records. (*Cough*Skyscreamers*Cough*)
Music that fits the theme of the area and not to attract ghetto teenagers.
Bizarro to be Superman again.
Goliath with the old trains (New ones jackhammer way too much).

Basics of my list. :)

YES YES YES YES YES!

I would also like Goliath to be themed to the wild west as it is in the middle of the entrance to Crackaxle Canyon.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post June 2nd, 2015, 11:46 am

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Gosh, I don't even know where to start. Sure, SFGadv has a world class lineup, but that's about it. Here's what I'd change:

-Actually install lighting in the Golden Kingdom. Seriously, at night the entire area is pitch black, and it's extremely difficult to locate people. People have to use flashlight apps on their phone to find their way around lol.

-[PAST] Not receive Chang as a relocation and wait for a better addition. Green Lantern is a seriously rough ride for a B&M, tough on your ankles, feet, head, and nether regions if you're a guy. I like to call standup trains "B&M's mistake" (even though that's what started B&M in the first place)

-Replace RT with a coaster instead of El Diablo. Maybe an RMC or a smaller woodie to replace it

- Give Green Lantern the "Mantis Conversion" and install sit-down or floorless trains. Seriously, the layout is kick-a**, but the trains kill the experience. If it was comfortable, it would be 1000x better.

-Repaint Nitro. Now.

-Maintain Kingda Ka better, like replacing the wheels more often for example. CP was much more prepared and is much better at maintaining their strata coaster than us, and as a result TTD is far smoother than KK from what I've heard.

-Re-open Old Country with a coaster and some flat rides

-Add some flats near Bizarro. (By the way, I think SFNE's coaster should be changed back to S:ROS and ours remains Bizarro) It's one of the better coasters in the park, but it's not popular anymore because it's so isolated.

-Up security to curb line cutting- it's like an epidemic here

-Make attempts to fix/clean the vandalism around the park. Seriously, I don't know what it is with the GP's obsession to ruin the park in some way.

-Stop rewarding exit passes and handicap passes left and right; I understand if a person gets it because they got stuck on a ride or they are indeed handicapped, but I've seen groups of like 20 teens jumping up and down and just walking up to the train and boarding. I could walk up and get one of those passes (I do have a knee condition), but I choose to wait in line like everyone else. These people make the line twice as long in some instances.

There's probably more, but I can't think of anything else right now. TTD03 might fill in anything I missed :lol:
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Paradox User avatar

SFNE:

In addition to everything Mrcrolly said the park needs to ADD FLAT RIDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They took almost all of them out and the park barely has any now.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post June 10th, 2015, 9:06 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
SFGAm here. The park can be a bit blah in places but I wouldn't change much:
1. This is going to be controversial because I'll admit I haven't been on it, but build the second half of Goliath since it doesn't exist.
2. No S:UF. Something else there, just not S:UF. To be fair I appreciate the effort that went into them bothering to rip up the parking lot for this one and planting grass/trees.
3. I have no idea how to force this, but just more air on Raging Bull.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Valleyfair
1) Add a B&M invert at the back of the park.
2) Add more landscaping.
3) Bring Soak City up to the level where it can compete with other corporate water parks.
4) Add a flat ride or two.
5) Repaint rides that need it.

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Cedar Point Pipe Dream in coming
2016) Poler Coaster to beat the 500 foot record before skyscraper revamp of bluestreak midway with a connection to iron dragon area. Path gets widened around the stage. 2 New family flats and 1 extreme flat. Dragster repaint.
2017) RMC Mean Streak, total revamp of the midway around it and Maverick. Complete revamp of the food back there, and more trees for shade. New Extreme flat back there. Maverick repaint
2018) Dark ride, front of the park midway refresh with tons of shade and new coke marketplace style things. Magnum repaint.
2019) Take out shoot the rapids, and replaced with a intamin water coaster. mack family spinner winding around milleniun island as a replacement for dinos alive. Refresh of the frontier trail.
2020) Wicked Twister relocated to frontier trail (Parralel to milleniums hill, font next to the petting zoo) GCI recreation of the old CP Cyclone where wicked twister and the stadium used to be. New RMC inverting woodie replacing the old dorms, station will be by the train station. Total refresh of the entire park, bringing back oldschool stuff while keeping the modern extreme vibe. Everything gets a repaint that needs it. The whole park becomes as high quality and clean as a dinsey park(Not paris, it sucks)
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Paradox User avatar

Lake Compounce:

-Completely retrack BD so it runs smoothly again and add a new train style like Millennium Flyers or Timberliners because PTC's are sh*t.
-Retrack Wildcat
-New Vekoma trains with the lapbar and vest on Zommerang.
-Intamin megalite
-Zierer launch like Wicked
-Mack launcher similar to Helix on the hillside with BD
-Redo the darkride to make it actually something scary
-Bring back the Rotor (I still miss that ride :()
-Better food
-Add more unique flatrides
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 7th, 2015, 10:45 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
^I still need to get the boomerang credit because I skipped it when I went

but since I got multiple home parks ill just do seaworld for now

Fix the Antarctica to make it better than the piece of poop it is now
Give Manta and Kraken a new paint job because they need one badly
Get good singers for the music festival
Add a new Water slide complex for the water park
Add a Mack Bobsled and replace Wild Artic
Add a B&M Wingride that goes over the Tolls and reopen the Bayside Path way with a few new shows
Take Out Turtle Trek and replace it with a good dark ride
Also Make the Bridge Bigger to Add a few Dark rides over the water and Theme it to Board Walk

Post July 7th, 2015, 10:50 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points

Post July 7th, 2015, 11:28 am

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
Six Flags Great America:
Re-theme the Yukon Territory. (It's Six Flags Great America)
Overall update to Mardi Gras.
Mack or Premier Launch that runs along Roaring Rapids called Bayou Bullet.
Skyscreamer or SuperLoop (Preferably the former) on Ragin Cajun's old plot.
Remove Demon for a Gerstlauer Infinity.
Justice League: Battle for Metropolis in the old Pictorium.
New log flume that's more compact to free up space.
S&S Screamin Swing in the old Southwest Ampitheatre as well as a revamp of Southwest Territory as a whole.
I feel like this park has lost a lot of it's charm over the last 10 years. I haven't been this year but I hope the 40 Seasons updates are a step in the right direction.

Post July 7th, 2015, 11:35 am

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
I-box The Legend, turn Pilgrim's plunge into a Mack water coaster, move Hyena falls, expand the Holidays and expand Splashin' Safari more north than east.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post July 7th, 2015, 12:12 pm

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Bucsh Gardens Tampa:
RMC Gwazi
Bring Back Rhino Rally but longer with a lot more Animals
Add a B&M Giga
Add a Gerslaugher Infinity Coaster
give new count of paint on some of the older coasters
Add a Star Flyer or Windseeker
ADD MORE COKE FREESTYLE MACHINES!!!!!!
Add new flats through out the park
Add a Mack Water Coaster

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
SFGAm here. The park can be a bit blah in places but I wouldn't change much:
1. This is going to be controversial because I'll admit I haven't been on it, but build the second half of Goliath since it doesn't exist.
2. No S:UF. Something else there, just not S:UF. To be fair I appreciate the effort that went into them bothering to rip up the parking lot for this one and planting grass/trees.
3. I have no idea how to force this, but just more air on Raging Bull.

I agree with everything here!

in addition:

-Intamin or Mack looper with a similar layout, colors, and name as Shockwave to replace Superman (lap bars only)
-Chance/KMG Revolution to replace the Huss Frisbee
-Gerstaluer, Mack, or Mauer spinner to replace Cajun
-Bigger/higher capacity version of a Gerstlauer Sky Fly called "Sky Whirl" to replace Buccaneer Battle
-Batman repainted with purple track and black supports
-Wildebeest/Deluge style ProSlide water coaster in Hurricane Harbor, possibly in the sand beach area or replacing parking space
-Go Karts removed for a Gravity Group family woodie called "Big Dipper", and family flat ride (flying scooters?)
-Chubasco permanently set up as "Terror Twister II"
-Viper and American Eagle slightly modified by Gravity Group to have standard PTCs or Timberliners, keeping the same layouts, removing trims, and re profiling hills to have airtime strength up to GG's standards, along with making the airtime hills more parabolic
-Tear out Wilderness Theater and part of Picnic Grove, to use as a space to extend Goliath, adding El Toro-style s-curves, a helix, and a row of airtime hills and a double heartline roll before the brakes
-Tear out Daredevil Dive to build a new entrance plaza for American Eagle
-Tear out V2 and have Gerstlauer build a more modern version of Tidal Wave with magnetic technology
-S&S Double Shot in Sky Trail's former location
-Tear out Southwest Amphitheater or Pictorium for a Justice League, or even an original dark ride
-And finally, a museum in the former MagiQuest spot, featuring the history of Marriott's Great America, and maybe even the history of Six Flags, or even the history of roller coasters in general
American Eagle Lover

Points on hand: 103.00 Points
Bank: 4,290.00 Points
Never painted the Anaconda orange.
Never take of the wheel enclosures on the Anaconda.
Never removed the holding brake on the tower of terror.
Never change the cars on the tower of terror.
Never removed the lift hill on the tower of terror and make it a stupid elevator system.
Never built that stupid zierer mine train piece of garbage.
Never slowed down the mack powered mine train to the extent that some fat dude is gonna lean on you on the banked turns.
Never moved the top spin to the crappy side of the theme park.
Never removed the swinging ship.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Good use of "never"! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to General Theme Park Discussions