Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion If you like money and Photoshop...

If you like money and Photoshop...

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post February 7th, 2008, 6:19 pm

Points on hand: 2,510.00 Points

Okay, so I need a logo for my site, www.cornbeltcoasters.com and I'm not too gifted with photoshop.

$15 through paypal for the best one.

If anyone wants to do it, say so and I'll let you know everything it needs. basically you're free to do as you wish so long as it includes something coastery and the phrase "Cornbelt Coasters".

Post February 7th, 2008, 6:33 pm

Points on hand: 1,771.00 Points

yes, yes, YES!!!

I'd love to do it for you. I'll do the entire site if you want me to...

Post February 7th, 2008, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,581.00 Points

Post February 7th, 2008, 7:29 pm

Cool! Thanks for the offer. I'm not really looking for anything in particular, but I will tell you what I like.

http://coastersims.com/
http://lifthill.net/
http://thrillnetwork.com/

I'm leaning away from futuristic, metallic logos such as http://xtremecoastin.com/ and more towards the simple but effective logos of the sites listed above. A coaster element such as a hill, or loop is really cool looking to me (I guess they're called "paths" in photoshop.) It should include the text Cornbelt Coasters as well. If you can properly incorporate a cornfield or husk in there then props to you! It needs to be of good size as well. Minimum of 400 pixels in any direction. I would prefer a horizontally functioning logo but I'm game to anything. If it is going to be transparent in places, then it should be outlined in a solid color so that it is still legible on a busy background. The logo will be used as most any logo is used: copyright notice in images, identification where needed and other cool stuff like shirts.

When you come up with something or want to know what I think of an idea, post it here or email it to me at jimmy@cornbeltcoasters.com and I'll get back to you. If you don't trust me with paying you, you can simply shrink the image until I pay you so that it is not functional for me.

Let me know if you need to know anything else and thanks once more!

Post February 7th, 2008, 8:12 pm

How would something like this be:

I'd have to work on the image quality, but still...

Post February 7th, 2008, 8:24 pm

It's pretty cool. I love the glow and concept. I'm not diggin' the wood though. It makes it look like a wall ornament in my opinion. It seems that the text is a little small for the shape. If you made it more of an oval it would allow for bigger text and take up that space above the horseshoe roll. Also, any images used must be owned by me or you. You can however take an image and trace its outline. Thanks for submitting! It's looking great!

Post February 7th, 2008, 9:00 pm

Yeah, I know the guy who owns this image.

So oval, no wood, Bigger text... What do you want the frame to be?

Post February 7th, 2008, 9:14 pm

How about less wide of a frame and make it some lighter form of yellow. I want to attract attention to the center. With the other one my eyes are first attracted to the frame.

Post February 7th, 2008, 9:53 pm

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

I gotta give you some suggestions for your site:

You have photos sections...instead of doing photos_iowa.html, put iowa.html in a folder of photos. So the link would be /photos/iowa.html same with videos and reviews. For site i would just have it be /links.html, no subfolder of site.

Also, get prettier colors.

I looked at your css and see you have some images hosted on imageshack...come on, host them yourself. Also, not alot of people have eurostile font, so put ; after that and put other common similiar fonts. And times roman numeral sucks, so change that to something else. I got plenty of more I could complain about right now but I have an essay to write tonight. I am sure their are some other html gurus who'd like to help ya.

edit- you misspelled indiana in your linkage off homepage.

Post February 7th, 2008, 10:14 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. Most of them I agree with. The only reason I name my files as /site_links.html or /reviews_park.html is because it helps me with the hierarchy. I'm don't quite understand what exactly would be wrong with the way one names a file. I never even noticed the imageshack stuff They must have been there from when I was still building it.

Post February 7th, 2008, 10:23 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,863.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Return to Off Topic Discussion