Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Inertia

Inertia

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post February 2nd, 2008, 6:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,581.00 Points
I was looking through the forums a little more and noticed that you can work on a project, and share progress with members. I put this in the section where I found all those posts, so I hope I placed it right. But it's a shame I didn't find this website right when I discovered NoLimits; I may have gotten better, faster!

This is Inertia. I began construction over last weekend; I didn't have any time to work on it before last night because of school (ugh!) but I managed to get it to finally do what I wanted.

This roller coaster is an Inverted Intamin; It's a launched full circuit, which I don't believe exist in the world today. Correct me if I'm mistaken. Inertia launches into a left turn at 45 m.p.h, and then right into a zero-g roll which is followed by a right turn.

This, in a sense, is the inverted [inverting] version of Rita: The Queen of Speed at Alton Towers in the UK!

Last edited by Julia on February 7th, 2008, 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 2nd, 2008, 7:11 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,738.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Looking good. Can't wait to see the finished results [;)]

Post February 2nd, 2008, 7:49 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Looks nice, no one does Intamin inverts these days.

Post February 2nd, 2008, 9:36 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
In fact there is, volcano the blast coaster at Kings Dominion in Doswell,VA.

Post February 2nd, 2008, 9:55 pm

Points on hand: 4,830.00 Points

Post February 2nd, 2008, 11:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

Post February 2nd, 2008, 11:44 pm

Points on hand: 2,481.00 Points

Post February 3rd, 2008, 1:11 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Hah, no the positive forces 4.8 aren't bad at all. There is a real Schwartzkopf that exceeds 6 g's. And those rolls look really tight!

Post February 5th, 2008, 9:08 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points
haha, that all looks great.
you seem to have good quality rides.
so i cant wait to see it!!! [:D]

Post February 5th, 2008, 10:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I'd try to lower those g's some if at all possible, especially since they're being held for that long.

Looks good though. I hope you vary the layout a little bit so it's not exactly an inverted RITA clone...try to add in some features to suggest the Intamin invert style instead of doing a normal sitdown track with a negative heartline value. Good luck though... your last two tracks show a lot of promise for your future designs.

Post February 5th, 2008, 10:15 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points
Originally posted by RRollergod

^I meant NL projects...

No i wasnt talking to you. i meant what julia said. And by the way volcano is a great ride. Poeple should be making some of the type. They are amazing in a full circut.

Post February 5th, 2008, 10:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,581.00 Points
Originally posted by dcs221

I'd try to lower those g's some if at all possible, especially since they're being held for that long.

Looks good though. I hope you vary the layout a little bit so it's not exactly an inverted RITA clone...try to add in some features to suggest the Intamin invert style instead of doing a normal sitdown track with a negative heartline value. Good luck though... your last two tracks show a lot of promise for your future designs.

Well, it's planned to invert four times, if that counts for anything? It's not nearly a clone of Rita. It varies very much in the layout. It will be longer, not as repetitive, and again, goes upsidedown. I did mention that it is in a sense an inverting Rita, but the reason being is that it is a very low ground launched Intamin, with also a relatively short layout.

And might I mention I only have one track on the exchange at the moment, lol.

Post February 6th, 2008, 3:04 am

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
By two I meant this one, and the one you released.

I know you're not simply recreating RITA, but from what you've shown it looks very similar with the most notable changes being your rolls instead of the S hills. Launch, flat turn, roll to transition into a turn the other way, nearly flat turn, and cork, is very similar to launch, flat turn, S hill to transition to a turn the other way, nearly flat turn, S hill, etc. That was my point...I think maybe you can achieve the affect of a similar feeling as RITA but with a layout that deviates a little more. Not trying to put it down, just saying what I noticed when I first saw it.

Post February 7th, 2008, 10:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,691.00 Points

Post February 8th, 2008, 6:49 am

Points on hand: 892.00 Points
Looks quite good, but I think yellow is an original colour for Intamin inverts.

Post February 8th, 2008, 7:16 am
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
make sure with the mini zero (last inversion) that the train doesnt collide with the track. If you ride the ride in the sim and pause it while te train is pulling the manuever, then inspect it from all angles.
Make sure its not too tight for the train to pull off.

it does look good though, the track pulls some wierd shapes from where its so tooled, but still good.
I hope you're good at tera and supporting, because this ride can be something special if you pull it off well. I can help with terra if you like.

Post February 8th, 2008, 9:28 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

If you want me to, I can test!
PM me for my email!
And if you need any other help, just PM me![;)]

Post February 9th, 2008, 10:49 am
Gav User avatar

Points on hand: 2,076.00 Points

Return to Hard Hat Area