Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion iPhone

iPhone

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 1st, 2007, 6:02 am

Points on hand: 3,960.00 Points

Yeah but if ur "away from home" ur not likely to be close to a wifi network, and if u are, well then your probably near a computer.
Rarwh

Post July 1st, 2007, 8:46 am

Points on hand: 2,672.00 Points
Do you guys think that the next generation iPods may now just adapt the touch screen instead of the wheel now?

Post July 1st, 2007, 8:48 am

Points on hand: 4,152.00 Points

Originally posted by Casper

Yeah but if ur "away from home" ur not likely to be close to a wifi network, and if u are, well then your probably near a computer.

Like most internet browser type of phones it can connect to the internet via a "mobile network", so it does not need to be in a wifi area. However these networks are not nearly as fast as any wifi connection out there,

Post July 1st, 2007, 9:33 am

Points on hand: 523.00 Points

Post July 1st, 2007, 12:35 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

THAT KICKS ASS!!!! hahahahahahahaa!!!!!! oooh l love watching ebay hawks get theirs. YESSS!!!!! yes yes yes that rules!!!!!and that guy got his for free!!!! haha!! the best part is that guy KNEW she could only get one phone, and so did the other people yes yes yes serves her right!OWNED!!!!

Post July 1st, 2007, 12:42 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
The iPhone looks cool to me. I just think they may have gone overboard a little with the pricing. But who knows, it may very well be worth it. Sure looks like it.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 1st, 2007, 1:03 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

OWNED.

must now be said

yet another example of american idiosy
Making screams come true

Post July 1st, 2007, 1:04 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Post July 1st, 2007, 1:23 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
No don't drop it!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 1st, 2007, 2:45 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

the guy in that ebay pig video is my hero of the day... i just wish there was more footage of her.. she made SUCH an ass out of herself and gave away 800 dollars.. i know her type, i'll bet dollars to donuts that she'll try to sue him for it or try to get the authorities involved. .. but she was to willing to show off for the cameras with her money and there's nothing she can do we all see it clear as day , she bought the front of the line spot for 800 dollars!! !!! hahahahah the best part is that the news people didn't tell her about the one phone policy either .

Post July 1st, 2007, 3:18 pm
rcmaniac25 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 7,275.00 Points

The first video was hilarious.[:D] I'm still laughing from it.

Post July 1st, 2007, 3:22 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

i just wish there was more of her.. "i think she got the short end of the stick there, america".. priceless..

Post July 1st, 2007, 3:24 pm

I'm not going to buy a iphone directly when it out here in europe ill wait for a year so you get it free with your the contract from your provider.

Post July 1st, 2007, 3:55 pm

Points on hand: 69.00 Points
Originally posted by master of hardcore

I'm not going to buy a iphone directly when it out here in europe ill wait for a year so you get it free with your the contract from your provider.

Cant you just get one off the apple website. Well I went to the mall when it came out but I didnt buy one. Im still in talk with my parents on switching to at&t so that I can get one. Hopefully I will get one here soon.

Post July 2nd, 2007, 9:06 am

Points on hand: 2,601.00 Points

Originally posted by bicoastalkid
which if you are in an environment where you can actually pay attention to it you are probably near a computer anyway? Yeah, probably for the first week or so, and then you'll just start going on the computer as usual. On a busy day, you may check your email during your lunch, but even still if you're in the profession that would require you to do that, you're probably glued to a laptop anyway. Again, the map feature to make reservations and things, you will probably be near a computer

So yeah, it's cool to have it, but after the novelty wheres off are you really going to use IT when it's just as convenient to use a computer? Probably not.

Actually, I have a job where I'm on the road all day with no computer access and no wifi. Since my job lasts well past "normal business hours", I sometimes need email or internet before I get home and get to a computer.
The iPhone is perfect for that. Not only does it load normal websites (not just the slimmed-down for mobile ones) with all the imbedded stuff intact, but it runs my regular email program as well. No crappy webmail for me, it uses my normal mail. It also checks for new mail automatically every 15min and alerts me, so I don't have to waste time stopping to see if an expected email is there yet.
As for maps, I don't think I'd use it for reservations very often. What I *did* use it for was finding my way to a friend's house. He lives 3 hours away and I hadn't been to his new place before. I pulled up maps and it gave me turn-by-turn instructions from my front door to his. After each turn, I'd just tap the forward arrow and it showed the next turn. This can be done easily and without averting your eyes from the road for more than a second. It's actually less distracting than being on the phone getting verbal directions... and more accurate!

Oh, and about the touch screen that someone said would look like crap after awhile... other touch phones use plastic screens. Yes, they scratch easily and look awful after awhile. iPhone has an optical-grade glass screen that's practically scratch-proof.
My body isn't a temple. It's an amusement park.

Post July 2nd, 2007, 10:07 am

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points
The screen is insanely scratch resistant, there is a video on youttube showcasing that.

However, the plans for the phone are completely ridiculous and juts gouging you. 60 bucks a month doesnt even get you unlimited nights and weekends! you need to jump to 80 bucks a month for that and now you are encroaching on the same amount of money a month for two phones!!

That could be the biggest ripoff of them all. I dont see any phone being worth that kind of price a month.

Post July 2nd, 2007, 10:28 am

Originally posted by Real

The screen is insanely scratch resistant, there is a video on youttube showcasing that.

However, the plans for the phone are completely ridiculous and juts gouging you. 60 bucks a month doesnt even get you unlimited nights and weekends! you need to jump to 80 bucks a month for that and now you are encroaching on the same amount of money a month for two phones!!

That could be the biggest ripoff of them all. I dont see any phone being worth that kind of price a month.

Thats true... that is one of the things that I am looking at before I even attempt to buy one. I dont know if I will be able to make that payment since I have a new car payment as well as car insurance (which for some reason is reasonably low for a Honda Element) and gas.

Post July 2nd, 2007, 12:18 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points

That's my exact reasoning for not getting it, the service fee's are ridiculous.

Post July 2nd, 2007, 9:36 pm

Points on hand: 643.00 Points

Originally posted by XtremeCoaster1546

...since I have a new car payment as well as car insurance (which for some reason is reasonably low for a Honda Element) and gas.

Honda Elements kick ass.

As for the iPhone, I'm in no rush to get one. I am perfectly satisfied with my RAZR. To me, buying the iPhone is like buying a refrigerator with a LCD screen built into it. It's utterly pointless unless you don't have one (not sure if it's the best anology).

Post July 3rd, 2007, 12:15 am

Points on hand: 3,003.00 Points
Originally posted by minicoopertx

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

I love how there are a few phones EXACTLY like this one that are smaller, cheaper, and just better in general

You really need to know what you're talking about before you type stuff like this.

There are phones that have web browsers, but none of them offer full-scale browsing (not a crappy phone browser) with imbedded pics in email and such. Go to the apple website and watch the videos. Then come back here and drop a link showing ANY phone that is "exactly like iPhone". Even if you find one that's sorta, kinda, almost close, but in a crappy way, it still will be a LONG way from "exactly" like it.

haha nice one. some people just want to make IPhone and AT&T seem like crap, just because they're own phone and service is crap.

Post July 3rd, 2007, 12:24 am

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

that depends who your representative for at&t is.

when they are your step brother, you have some freedom :)

Post July 3rd, 2007, 10:06 am

Oke we are screwed by Apple.
They say that the price of the Iphone is min price to make one.
now same guy's from portelligent opened up a iphone to see whats in side.
There conclusion the total hardware cost of a 8gb iphone is $220.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPhciMud0MM

Post July 3rd, 2007, 10:51 am

Points on hand: 3,245.00 Points

The touch screen is magic, though. It's made from unicorns.

Post July 3rd, 2007, 8:46 pm

Honda Elements kick ass.

They do kick ass, I got the burnt orange one just a couple of weeks ago as a early christmas present from my uncle.

But I just think apple is trying to take all our money. Im not up to paying $599 for a $300 dollar device. But they could be taking all our money because they have to be in the makes for a new version of the iPod. Maybe it will be touchscreen too. [dunno]

Post July 3rd, 2007, 9:09 pm

Points on hand: 2,931.00 Points
The next iPod will probably feature some of the same abilities as the iPhone does, hopefully touch screen and scrolling through album art.

PreviousNext

Return to Off Topic Discussion