Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Is there any new info on bgt's dive machine?

Is there any new info on bgt's dive machine?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post August 20th, 2004, 11:57 am

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

I want to know if it even is a dive machine or any other new info is available. Links please.

Thanx.

Post August 20th, 2004, 5:09 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Patience young grasshopper... coaster building takes time and patience. Learn to sway with the wind as the ginko flower, amd in November you will see support columns and track being raised 200 ft into the sky. Sayoonara, G-Force san.

Post August 20th, 2004, 6:57 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post August 20th, 2004, 11:47 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

its obviously a hyper coaster.Image
I'm just kidding, but it sounds like a dive machine, they're seriously looking into it, seriously

Post August 20th, 2004, 11:55 pm

I dont see the point of dive machines. They could just build an Intamin hypercoaster(although for a bit more cash) with a near vertical drop and have it do tons of elements, instead of just one drop and turn type of deal.

Post August 21st, 2004, 12:00 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

you can do the same with a dive machine, its just the name given to a B&M with a certain kinda car that has a vertical, just cuz the last ones haven't done much doesn't mean they can't do more with this one.

Post August 21st, 2004, 8:33 am

Points on hand: 5,473.00 Points
Fornication Nation: I guess yo have never been to Oblivion. The ride is very different from a Intamin hyper. The slow turn before the drop, the holding brake, then the drop and the mist filled tunnel are elements that make this a great ride. It's very different from a hyper coaster.
Coaster count: 153
Moving to Singapore in july!

Post August 21st, 2004, 12:00 pm
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

BGT needs to build a hypercoaster. Some of the factors that they always consider when building a new coaster are lack of space, noise, and thrill factor. I'm very dissapointed at them for not noticing that they could build an out-and-back Intamin hypercoaster along the perimeter of the park with virtually no space taken up, it could easily be a top ten coaster, and it would be more than quiet enough to not disturb the animals. it would fit perfectly in the park. (they've already got two world-class B&M coasters, and B&M hasn't been too impressive lately.)

Post August 21st, 2004, 4:12 pm

Fornication Nation: I guess yo have never been to Oblivion. The ride is very different from a Intamin hyper. The slow turn before the drop, the holding brake, then the drop and the mist filled tunnel are elements that make this a great ride. It's very different from a hyper coaster.

All that can be done on a hyper coaster, except the holding brake. Im not saying dive machines are bad rides, I just think it would be a better choice to purchase a longer hyper coaster instead of such a short ride like a dive machine.

B&M hasn't been too impressive lately

I very much agree. All of their rides recently have all had the same layout basically and all with the same elements. They need to spice it up with some new innovative layouts or elements. Or maybe even take a stab at the 300' mark.

Post August 21st, 2004, 4:27 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
A coaster is always going to be a coaster, but dont go slagging B&M off. Silver bullet has an interesting layout, and new untested elements are always going to be more expensive, cutting them off in originality. Intamin Hypers are all very similar, but you dont see people slagging them off..

Post August 21st, 2004, 4:32 pm

Points on hand: 87.00 Points
Bank: 12,611.00 Points
Hmm... That's very intresting, guys. I haven't seen anything of BGT, so I don't know what they shoudl do. But that perimeter idea is pretty cool I guess.

Post August 21st, 2004, 4:41 pm

Points on hand: 3,352.00 Points
Ok, after a few searches the rumors seem to indicate a 200+ ft drop (Partially underground) in the Stanleyville section of the park. I cant see them doing this - they would have to relocate lots of wildlife and vegetation to accomodate for the ride. Other rumors indicate a LIM launched ride, but I couldnt find anything on it. Busch Gardens were looking at ways of preserving space in the park, to save relocation on too many attractions. There was also a rumour that the ride would include a water splash after the overbanked turn, a slight variation of G5 or Oblivion - people who have visited the park recently have commented on how alot of work is being done to the Stanleyville area, indicating a relative large project. Anyway, im gonna go catch some sleep before a nasty 5 hour drive, and I'll see you all in 2 weeks!

Post August 21st, 2004, 8:23 pm

Points on hand: 2,671.00 Points

[But how do you know that its a dive coaster?]

It might not be. I would really like to see an intamin launched like Storm Runner.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions