Board index Roller Coaster Games Scream Machines It's a go!

It's a go!

Discuss anything related to Scream Machines!

Post September 23rd, 2002, 2:39 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,863.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

I will definately be adding Scream Machines to the exchange once it comes out. Word is that files will have auto compression thus making the files about the size that of NL and respectively larger with multiple coasters in the same plot. From what I've read up and learned of Sm, this will be one of the best if not, the best Coastersims out there.
I just wish they completely redo that intamin hyper coaster car model and the intamin invert as those need more work imo.
Another thing that needs work, if it has not been worked on, is the coaster sounds, they just don't sound realistic enough.
Those are my thoughts and feelings about it, everything seems good but those details mentioned. Any word from SM if there will be changes to it?
Thanks
WeeWeeSlap

Post September 23rd, 2002, 4:00 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
quote:
Originally posted by WeeWeeSlap:
I will definately be adding Scream Machines to the exchange once it comes out. Word is that files will have auto compression thus making the files about the size that of NL and respectively larger with multiple coasters in the same plot. From what I've read up and learned of Sm, this will be one of the best if not, the best Coastersims out there.
I just wish they completely redo that intamin hyper coaster car model and the intamin invert as those need more work imo.
Another thing that needs work, if it has not been worked on, is the coaster sounds, they just don't sound realistic enough.
Those are my thoughts and feelings about it, everything seems good but those details mentioned. Any word from SM if there will be changes to it?
Thanks
WeeWeeSlap

I hope it will come out soon, i think it's a cool game, especially because it features so many track styles. But the demo looked horrible, i hope the real thing isn't like that. But i guess not, let's just sit tight until it releases.....

Post September 23rd, 2002, 10:53 am

Points on hand: 5,877.00 Points

Hmm.. I can't really understand this.. Is there a new version of Scream Machines coming out or something? Or was the demo released about a year ago and the game isn't yet complete?

Post September 23rd, 2002, 11:22 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,863.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

The demo that was released, that is demo 1 and demo2 are obsolete from what I understand and Scream Machines was reworked and started up again to work with open gl instead of direct x . The editor is also comepletely redone, I hear rumors of what the new one is and fro a really good source says "If you like the No Limits editor, you will love the Scream Machines editor" I've heard that the graphics have also been worked up to look more realistic. I dunno I thik they were fine before, except the grass, lol. So yeah this is a completely different Scream Machines Game than what demo 1 and demo 2 are.
WWS

Post September 24th, 2002, 3:38 am

Points on hand: 5,877.00 Points

After reading this message I went to Scream Machines's site and found that out. I guess I'll have to buy even this when it comes out..

The game has really many track styles already, but I'm looking forward for Suspended coasters and Flyers.. Those would be very fun to ride. One of the other four could maybe be Pinfari track.

Post September 30th, 2002, 3:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,463.00 Points

I love SM, I, myself is a beta tester, and since I got the beta, I haven't touched NL at all.

To those that think some of trains need work, well, sometime after the final release, a high-detailed train pack will be released. Also, you can create your own trains and stations and import them into the game.

The game is sweet, and it won't be too long before it's released.

Shaggszgn
aka evilcoasterrider

I love coasters, chicks, and beer! My dream is to have all three at once!!!

http://zerognetwork.com

Return to Scream Machines