Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Just 2 questions.

Just 2 questions.

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post February 23rd, 2007, 7:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,847.00 Points
Hi everyone. Well not to long ago did I get No Limits. Well I have a couple questions. #1, how do you make loops and cobra rolls. #2, is there a way to get different stations because one coaster I saw that was pre-made it was a really cool station. Help appreciated!

Post February 23rd, 2007, 8:06 pm

Points on hand: 121.00 Points
Hello Shyguy! Welcome to WWS and to the wonderful world of NoLimits!

To answer your questions...

1. This will take some time and a lot of practice. It is still hard for me and I have been at this game for about 5 or 6 months. I used this page: http://www.coasterforce.com/No_Limits_Tutorials to help me learn some things about NoLimits. It should tell you some things you should now about when using NL. Like I said it is not easy to do. It takes a lot of practice. You can browse the different tools that are used in the game here: http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/toolbox. That website allows you to post information and pictures about any coaster that you are designing. A lot of members here use this website.

2. There are these things called 3ds that can be used with a coaster. Like all other things with this game, you have to make the 3ds yourself. You can do this by using multiple programs. If you would like to know more about 3ds, just send me a Private Message.

If you have any other questions about the game or need help with anything, just go ahead and PM me and I will be glad to help you!

Post February 23rd, 2007, 8:11 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
ShyGuy, for one, since you're n00bish I suggest you begin with prefabs. This is the way everyone normally starts out, and by observing the way prefabs go up, you can get a hands-on more efficient way of learning. Same thing with cobra rolls.

Second question. There are a few programs. One you should start out with is Gravimetric Studios Object Creator. Anyone new to 3D objects will begin with that, but when you're hungry for more detailed scene objects, you'll want to move to Maya, 3DSMax, GMax, or Anim8or. I hope my reply helped!
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post February 23rd, 2007, 8:17 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Just because you consider him noobish, doesn't mean you have to give him noobish advice!

Hey Shyguy, I would reccomend just taking your time with shaping your elements. The only way to get better is practice! Using prefab elements (and supports!) will accomplish absolutely nothing! Doing all your own work will really pay off as you gain experience using NL.

Have fun!

Post February 23rd, 2007, 8:39 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Originally posted by Jakizle

Using prefab elements (and supports!) will accomplish absolutely nothing!

I beg to differ [;)]...when I was just starting NoLimits, I used prefab loops all the time, and never looked at a single tutorial in my life! By seeing the way the prefab inversions were configured is the main way I caught on to inversions. Although, I would say using prefab supports is not a good choice.

Originally posted by Jakizle

Just because you consider him noobish, doesn't mean you have to give him noobish advice!

So you suggest I give him higher standard advice that he would in no way understand? I don't think that's very smart...just give him as much as he can chew for now.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post February 23rd, 2007, 8:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

I see your point. You can't really give advice if it's not coming from your own personal experience [:p]! If thus was true, than the advice wouldn't be appropiate!

Sorry Shyguy, I got side tracked. Good luck discovering the tricks of the trade when it comes to NL. I hope to see that you are able to teach oneself how to create wonderful NL coasters with mighty success!

Originally posted by GerstlCrazy

So you suggest I give him higher standard advice that he would in no way understand? I don't think that's very smart...just give him as much as he can chew for now.

Oh please. Saying to learn to craft your own elements rather than being lazy and using the givens is completely over his head. OMG

Post February 23rd, 2007, 8:54 pm

Points on hand: 3,189.00 Points

Also, if you don't really catch on with pre-fabs right away, i suggest looking at the pre-made tracks that come with NL, and also downloading some of the higher rated tracks on here and seeing how they're built. Good luck with your coasters!

Post February 23rd, 2007, 9:14 pm

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
^Downloading the one's here may not work in some cases. Some of us use a tool called the Auto Heartline Generator, which in the process makes the track a bunch of tiny segments and won't help you learn anything. Just experiment. Also, I have a question for you. Do you have Nolimits 1.6 or 1.55?
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post February 24th, 2007, 2:38 pm

Points on hand: 1,847.00 Points
Well thanks all of you for the advice. I am very happy to get all of these replies. Well if any of you would like to know, I pretty much learned down the basics; putting down pieces of track, banking, making hills, the inversions, brakes, transport, etc. I am still playing around with the transport and brakes. I have version 1.6 too. I am still confused about the terraform, but I will come to me sooner or later thanks to the links from the 1st reply I got. I have looked at some pre-made coaster and what they do with the nodes. I have learned the strightning out trick and the smoothing trick. So thank you all again. Also, if any of you care, I will be posting my first track in a couple of minutes, I just need to touch it up a bit.

Return to No Limits Coaster