Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Kings Island Ohio... Worth it or Not???

Kings Island Ohio... Worth it or Not???

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post July 14th, 2008, 11:34 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I understand the whole using brakes to save on maintenance thing, and I understand that some of their wood coasters tear themselves apart. However, I don't see a need for a trim on Racer or even the kid wood coaster. That to me is them not wanting to put money into the rides. Kings Dominion and Carowinds run nearly identical coasters to those two, and both run trimless.

I understand wood coasters have their own 'personality', but every park's carpentry department is different, some better than others. Some seem to take pride in keeping their coasters running fast, smooth, and not losing their edge by using trims and other means of slowing a ride down. Others...Well...just keep their rides operational. I don't personally know the carpenters at Kings Island so I can't put them into either group...But from what I saw in their five wood coasters last August versus the other ones I have ridden, they seem to lean towards the latter. The saying goes that you're never done building a wood coaster. The big corperate parks don't seem to like that frame of mind and do everything they can to prolong the life without work. To me, using a trimbrake is just kind of a way to prolong going without needing work.

Sorry for going off topic. However, this subject may be worthy of it's own topic. I think it's a good discussion.

Post July 15th, 2008, 12:14 am

Points on hand: 121.00 Points
They have a trim on Racer? I didnt even know that... And your right, it is a good discussion.

Post July 15th, 2008, 12:45 am

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Erie is closer to Cleveland than Cincinatti. Go to Waldameer to ride the amazingness of RF2! Some even say it is better than Voyage.

Post July 15th, 2008, 1:01 am

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Ravine Flyer looks stinky.

1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions