Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Knott's Berry Farm Trip Report

Knott's Berry Farm Trip Report

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post August 15th, 2006, 7:54 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

This was a few weeks ago, but I haven't been on wws.com for a while. I think my memory is still fresh. Again, sorry, no pics. My mom didn't even bring any kind of camera to California.

Uber short lines the whole day. They were almost non-existant for Silver Bullet and Ghostrider. I'm just going to do the rollercoasters first.

Silver Bullet
First ride of the day. My second favorite ride in the park. Very smooth and fun ride. The first drop wasn't all the intense, but the loop pulled some nice forces and the overbank after the loop was my personal favorite part, and the quick pop of airtime on the turn into the second corkscrew was pretty nice, too. The helix before the breakrun was forceful, along side the corkscrews themselves. Being over the water was nice, and the cobra roll over the people coming into the park was fun to watch from the building and fun to be on flying over a large group of people. We got the front seats, the best IMO on a invert. I like the feeling of being completely open.

Xcelerator
The launch was amazing and very forceful and that top hat had good airtime in the back cars and a little in the middle and front. The drop down was pretty nice, too. The first turn was pretty tame, but that second over-bank with headchoppers was awesome. Even watching the thing was cool to watch. I loved watching the car just SHOOT out of the station while the people on it were completely unaware [I don't think they saw the lights [;)]]. Xcelerator had the longest line in the park the whole day. The first few hours we were there the line to the front was about 10-15mins, but by the end it was near 1hr. and 30mins. Oh well, at least I got in the very front and back a few times.

Boomerang
Nothing special here. Just the standard Vekoma Boomerang. I hurt my arm cause I accidently got it squeezed between the restraints and the car trying to put my hands up.[:(]

Ghostrider
Haha, this is where my new beanie came from! My other one [non-Ghostrider] broke a long time ago. This is my favorite ride in the park. Definetly out-of-control and chock full of airtime and strong lats. My completely unprepared partner Charlotte [gf] was tossed around like a ragdoll. I also got my glasses bent cause I was stupid enough to put them in my pocket.[:p] But wow, the ride was fast and furious all the way until the end. That helix just ploughs you into the side and you feel like the car will literally FLY OFF the track on the small airtime hills. And some serious hand/head choppers the whole time. Flying over passing cars on that bridge was pretty awesome, too. Probably my favorite ride of all time... but it has close competition with a different ride. Still awesome, and definetly worth getting the hat! And, of course, large amounts of candy. [lol, inside joke].

Montezooma's Revenge
Ugh. I really didn't like this one that much. Not only did the ride jerk up both hills, but that loop pushed me forward. No serious complaints and I can see why it's still there. But it's overshadowed by Jaguar [didn't go on Jaguar, though.]

I was going to go on the Screamin' Swing, but it cost $5... haha, I know, I'm cheap. Even though I bought a hat and an insane amount of candy.

We went on Perilous Plunge after my first ride on Xcelerator. Pretty weird if you ask me, I hadn't been on a water ride like it before. Got completely soaked and even decided to go on the bridge afterwards. Bad idea. But... we dried off on Xcelerator.

To my discomfort, we went on Rip Tipe, which pretty much got me WETTER after it. Nice surprise though. I guess I should of watched it first.

The Bigfoot Rapips didn't really get anyone wet [except my madre, of course, who is always unlucky on those]. But I have to say, that spinning platform on to the ride was neat. I only got to stay on it for a few seconds, but hey, it was fun.

Bumpercars. I didn't get to drive mine, but... yeah... well. Being stuck on the wall wasn't that bad. Charlotte couldn't drive the freaking thing.

We went on WaveRider with my toy Pepe [bouncy ugly thing on a string.] and we flew pretty much everywhere. It was like the spinning hat ride at SFOT but A LOT more intense. Gave us good airtime and pushed us to the side pretty damn hard.

La Revolucion was something I'd done at the State Fair. Better then the near-by pirate ship in the airtime department, but still not that intense. The receding floor, though, reminded me like something out of Doom for some reason.[V] Shame.

We went on the Hat Dance... and like Disney World... put too many people into the car then necessary. Makes it all the better.

Last ride was the Timber Mountain Log Ride, which was a lot more than I expected. Drops in the dark on Log Rides always rule. Completely freaked my mom out.

Anyway, I had a good time there. Had a major headache by the end of the day, and drinking a Monster didn't help, either. I passed out on the way back.[:p]

P.S. The fake whores rule.
Last edited by Z00Z3R on August 15th, 2006, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post August 15th, 2006, 8:18 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

glad you enjoyed my home park( though i live in san diego now) thanks for the report...

Post August 16th, 2006, 2:46 am
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I went today, and I had the most awsome ride on Silver Bullet that I can ever remember. I actually felt g's on every part of the ride, and my legs were tingly. Hopefully it will continue to run that way, but some how I doubt that.[:(]

Post August 16th, 2006, 2:53 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,868.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

[lol] I plan on going Thursday, see you there beans if you can make it there [:)]
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post August 16th, 2006, 2:56 am

Points on hand: 4,378.00 Points

Originally posted by coolbeans326

I went today, and I had the most awsome ride on Silver Bullet that I can ever remember. I actually felt g's on every part of the ride, and my legs were tingly. Hopefully it will continue to run that way, but some how I doubt that.[:(]

when i went to KBF spring break 05....best experience i have ever had on a B&M, except for superman:uf which i experience in july of 05.

Post August 16th, 2006, 4:14 am
SNJ

Points on hand: 668.00 Points
Originally posted by coolbeans326

You know, that's been happening to me lately too! Especially on the helix at the end.

But, yeah, glad you had a good time. Xcelerator is such a great ride there, and it seems as though you didn't ride Supreme Scream. What gives? [:p]

Post August 16th, 2006, 12:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,435.00 Points

Haha, we were going too. But I felt like riding Xcelerator over and over again cause it was nearby.

And yeah, my feet got tingly on Silver Bullet. Mostly during the Helixes after the zero-g roll and at the end.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports