Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion London

London

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post April 23rd, 2009, 11:10 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

I'm going to Lonodn tomorrow!

It's a schooltrip, and it lasts for 5 days.
I have a couple of questions:
1. We have to choose one of these 3 things to see:
madame tussauds
London Bridge Experience
British museum
Which is the best?

2. Chessington and Thorpe Park are located relatively close to Lonodon, if I'm not mistaken.
And I have 6 hours of free time on the last day. Do you think I could make it to one of those two, have some fun, and come back in time?
Also, how to get there?

Thanks in advance, and please reply as quickly as possible, becouse I'm kinda in a hurry!

Well, I'm off packing now...

EDIT: also, what are other cool things to do there, but don't consume much time?
Last edited by Vid_w on April 23rd, 2009, 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post April 23rd, 2009, 11:29 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,574.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

It is worth going to Thorpe Park, especially being as it is school time at the moment.

The best way to get there from London (bearing in mind I'm not sure in London where you will be), is to get a train to "Staines Train Station" and then the Thorpe Park bus from there to Thorpe Park. Unless you have a car, in which case get onto the M25 and head towards "Heathrow Airport" and you will see signs for Thorpe Park near there.

Hope that's been a help, I would need more specific info to help you any further!

Post April 23rd, 2009, 11:30 am

Points on hand: 196.00 Points

Well, basically, I don't have a car, so I'm left with the train.
But, how long does it take to get there and back?
And how high are the entrance costs?

Also, I will probably be at the centre...

Post April 23rd, 2009, 11:49 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
Entrance fee is ?????????35, I doubt ya will have much time there if relying on public transport though, but ya could fall lucky with walk ons.
As for what to go see, depends what you are into really, I would opt for the British museum myself.

Post April 23rd, 2009, 2:51 pm

Points on hand: 5,766.00 Points

6 hours wont be enough matey for the parks, i would say go around picadilly and go into rileys and go see the awsome wierd stuff or go over to the london dungens and get scared out of your wits by the drop tower and the walk through.

out of the other three heres my opinions of them

madame tussauds - its ok but not very nice when its crowded and its a little boring as its just waxworks of people, the final scare maze is very good though but not as good as the london dungen

London Bridge Experience - the most boring thing to do in london. seriously the only good bit is being at the top of the bridge and the tour guides arent intresting at all, try to avoid is my advice on this

British museum - if you like learing new things and being genrally intrested this is the one for you, theres some very cool new and old things in this place and out of the 3 thins is where i would choose to go
Making screams come true

Return to Off Topic Discussion