Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Mac and NL problem

Mac and NL problem

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post January 24th, 2004, 9:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,051.00 Points
I have no clue why, but I am having problems downloading coaster from this site, while I have NL formy mac, can somone please help me.[:(]

Post January 24th, 2004, 9:22 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points

Post January 24th, 2004, 9:24 pm

Well when I dl a track it comes up as a download.asp or something like that, but not A nl track

Post January 24th, 2004, 9:27 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
is it coming out like this? "filename.nltrack.asp" If so, you can remove the *.asp extension and the file will still load in NL. If you are using internet explorer, you can also right click on the download button and select "save target as".

Post January 24th, 2004, 9:34 pm

Ya...see macs dont have that save target as and right click thing that PC's do and it's different...and when I download it, all it says is download.asp it doesnt say like nltrack or whatever.[:(]

Post January 24th, 2004, 9:40 pm

Points on hand: 317.00 Points
I've been using Safari and haven't been having any problems. Try using Safari to download the files in question. I haven't tried any other browser, but I do know for a fact Safari does work. If you don't know about Safari, it's Apple's own built for OSX browser and is available for free at Apple.com. Good luck and report back your results here. - Nyssa
Go for a ride!

Post January 24th, 2004, 9:42 pm

Originally posted by BROK1

Ya...see macs dont have that save target as and right click thing that PC's do and it's different...and when I download it, all it says is download.asp it doesnt say like nltrack or whatever.[:(]

Actually, Mac does. Just simply option-click the file and it will download without any hassles. - Nyssa
Go for a ride!

Post January 24th, 2004, 9:48 pm

Thank you sooo much nyssa...it works on safari.[:D]

Post January 24th, 2004, 9:52 pm

Glad to hear that dear. I will warn you though, it still doesn't solve the .exe files. those still won't work. Sorry. You will know when you download one. - Nyssa
Go for a ride!

Post January 24th, 2004, 10:05 pm

Oh one more thing I did notice about Safari. It had problems bringing up avatar choices in the profile page here. I tried IE and that worked. So, sometimes it's best to try a different browser to do different things. I still primarly use Safari mostly to use this site however. Just thought I'd pass that along since issues are being discussed here. - Nyssa
Go for a ride!

Post January 25th, 2004, 9:41 am

Points on hand: 3,024.00 Points

Post January 25th, 2004, 2:24 pm

Points on hand: 4,906.00 Points

wow macs sure are tricky. glad to hear you got it back from the shop tho Brok.

Return to No Limits Coaster