Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area MAJOR Project - Intamin Accelerator

MAJOR Project - Intamin Accelerator

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post August 19th, 2011, 9:41 pm

Points on hand: 1,034.00 Points
Hey guys, I'm back with a new project. If any of you remember, I was working on an Intamin Accelerator called "Contort". I enjoyed working on it, but it got boring fast because the layout wasn't all that special. I've decided to (somewhat) abandon Contort (this new project will ultimately be called Contort in the end) and start a project that goes head and shoulders above it. Here are some early pics. Colors are subject to change if I get any better ideas.

Starts with a 75 mph/120 km/h launch straight into ejector (-1G) air.

It then pulls up into this dive loop, the only inversion on the coaster. This is followed by a short airtime hill into a tunnel.

Out of the tunnel comes an S-hill (with lats for good measure) over the launch.

Then it pulls into an overbank/immelmann hybrid. The tunnel on the left will be a concrete trench. I'm debating whether the tunnel on the right should also be a trench or if it should be an awkwardly short tunnel. Any suggestions?

It sails into a pop of ejector air that manages to squeeze itself between the launch and airtime hill.

Then it turns into another pop of air between two more track sections.

Turns into an overbank that feels quite like Maverick's first overbank.

Then ANOTHER pop of air into a tunnel.

Then it emerges out of the tunnel into the brakes. A small ejector bunny hop is in that tunnel.

Layout.

This will get my undivided attention and will be worked on with the utmost patience.

Brb. I'm off to figure out how to make 3ds tunnels through terrain.

Post August 19th, 2011, 10:03 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post August 20th, 2011, 5:55 am

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

Looks really nice. Keep that blue, I like it. You should use Kyle Sloane's new launch system with a rollback, I'm looking forward to seeing it on a complete coaster.

Only thing I'm not sure about is that big overbank over the station, but other than that it looks like you've got a pretty good coaster here.

Post August 20th, 2011, 6:31 am

Thanks, Wing-Over. I'll see what I can do with the launch system. The station is completely flat, and it launches straight out of it, but I think I know a way to make it roll back anyway. I'll test that out.

And about the overbank, it's a funny lookin thing, isn't it? It's actually really visually deceptive, and that's kinda what I was going for. Look at these pictures taken from the opposite sides of the same element.

Blue Fire-ey from one side, and immelmann-like from the other. That's because in the second picture you can see that the exit is a lot farther outward than a normal overbank to give it that illusion. It also has .5 lats towards the outside of the curve at the crest along with .5 normal G's and it looks like it just glides/floats over the top of it looking at it offride.

Post August 20th, 2011, 2:26 pm

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
Are the tunnels placeholders for when you add 3ds tunnels and pits?
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post August 20th, 2011, 2:37 pm

Yeah. I'll make the 3ds tunnels with small 3ds areas of the current terrain where necessary, import it into NL, and then cut thin trenches in the real terrain. Now I've just got to figure out how to do it [lol]

Post August 20th, 2011, 5:47 pm

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
consturction kit> then save as 3ds and then import into google or whatever you use

Post August 20th, 2011, 6:37 pm

Points on hand: 1,843.00 Points

^ I found trying to use exported terrain to make 3ds tunnels just makes things far more complicated. For me it was always easier to just make the tunnel or trench and extend a plane from it until it hits the NL terrain.

Oh, and you'll definitely want to cut trenches before you make the 3ds, otherwise you won't be able to see what you're making.

Post August 20th, 2011, 11:05 pm

I'm halfway through the tunnels. They're proving to be more of a pain in the ass than I assumed. And like a dumbass, I just exported the terrain and conformed the tunnels to it. I wanted it to be as perfect as possible, and make it look as good as I could.

Here you go. Whadaya think?

Post August 20th, 2011, 11:46 pm

Points on hand: 2,704.00 Points

Post August 21st, 2011, 3:00 am

Post August 21st, 2011, 7:53 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
how did you get the terrain into sketch-up?
What are these for?

Post August 21st, 2011, 9:00 am
GavG Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 973.00 Points
Bank: 950.00 Points
Originally posted by CKidd

Originally posted by highthrills2

consturction kit> then save as 3ds and then import into google or whatever you use

[;)]

Post August 21st, 2011, 11:56 am

Points on hand: 1,598.00 Points
Those trenches look awesome. I wish I could make some myself :(
A man has needs and that needs is booze.

Post August 21st, 2011, 4:53 pm

Originally posted by GavG

Originally posted by CKidd

Originally posted by highthrills2

[;)]

[lol]

Originally posted by bandman232

Those trenches look awesome. I wish I could make some myself :(

All you need is Construction Kit, SketchUp/3DsMax, and A LOT of patience.

mostly patience.

Now, I've got a problem. Since this is literally my first experiment with 3ds EVER, I don't know anything. I don't know sh*t about textures, or even how to export into 3ds using the free version of SketchUp.

I've tried to figure these out by looking all over for solutions, and if I don't find an answer to these questions, then this project is in the can until further notice.

Return to Hard Hat Area