Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Manta Contest

Manta Contest

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post September 16th, 2008, 6:44 pm

Points on hand: 1,495.00 Points
Posted on ScreamScape.com
http://www.screamscape.com/html/seaworld_florida.htm
It seems that SeaWorld wants to hold a contest on who can take and turn in the first pictures of the MAIN Manta track. For more information go to the link above or read the article about it below.

Article
2009 - Manta - (9/16/08) A few readers have happened upon where SeaWorld has been storing the various station and transfer track pieces and coaster supports and have sent in some pictures to share today.
I??????ve also got an update about Manta??????s layout. From what our sources tell us, the part about the lift hill heading towards Blue Horizons is right, but the first drop will actually turn around to the right and head right for the Pretzel Loop, where the bottom appears as if it may be set down in a small trench. From here it will make a very tight left turn and head into that overbanked Horseshoe Turn I have previously mentioned. From here it will make a run past the station, through the zero-g-roll before turning slightly to the right and into the mid-course brake. What follows is pretty much what you see in the artwork, a dive into the water for the splashdown turn followed by a flat-spin. Exiting this last inversion the train will bring the riders down low?????? very close to the water??????s surface before it hits the brake run. I??????ve also been told that we can expect to see a dual sided loading station on this one.
Back on the subject of Manta track, SeaWorld has contacted me to talk about running a contest with out readers in the near future. The idea is to be the first to submit pictures of Manta??????s ??????MAIN TRACK?????? while it??????s being shipped from the Ohio manufacturing plant down to SeaWorld Orlando, which is expected to take place sometime during the week of September 29th. Notice that we are emphasizing that they are looking for pictures of the coaster??????s ??????MAIN TRACK?????? and not the station, lift hill, transfer track or brake run pieces. This is being done mainly because some of those other kinds of track pieces are already on site.
So starting on September 29th keep your eyes open while on the road, and a camera handy, because the first person who can send in a picture of the track being shipped will win a prize package from SeaWorld Orlando that will include two free tickets and front of line access for two people for a ride on Manta when it opens. If you visit before it opens, you can use this on Kraken or Journey To Atlantis. No other expenses are covered, and employees and contractors of Busch Entertainment Corporation and their families are not eligible. SeaWorld was nice enough to supply the basic route the trucks will take as they leave the greater Cincinnati area taking the 275 Loop south to I-75 South all the way down to Florida until they take the Florida Turnpike over to I-4 and right to SeaWorld. Just send in the track photos to me for a future news update and a winner will be notified

It could be you that could win the prize!

Post September 16th, 2008, 7:47 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Post September 16th, 2008, 10:23 pm

Too bad I don't live in Florida to be there to take the pictures.

Post September 16th, 2008, 10:34 pm

Points on hand: 2,597.00 Points
Sounds like it's gonna be a crazy ride...can't wait!!!

Post September 16th, 2008, 10:36 pm

I am still wondering how they are going to pull off the "Splash" thing?

Return to General Theme Park Discussions