Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Marching for ALS

Marching for ALS

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post October 27th, 2011, 11:47 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

I am participating in The ALS Association's Marching for ALS. I have recently accepted the challenge to raise funds to help The Association accelerate the discovery of the cause and cure of Lou Gehrig's Disease, and to provide programs and services that are so desperately needed by ALS patients and their families. They have donated more than $58 million dollars to ALS research around the globe, and much more to provide care and services to local patients and familes. The work they do on behalf of those living with this disease could not be possible without the generosity of people like you.

I need your support as I join in the fight against ALS. I am asking for your support by making a gift to The ALS Association or by joining my team.

It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause by making your tax-deductible donation online by clicking on the "make a donation" button.

You may also choose to send your contribution in the form of a check. Please make all checks payable to The ALS Association and send them to me or directly to The ALS Association by clicking the link at the bottom of this page.

Why We Need Your Help

Imagine: as you are busy with your career, your family, and your community responsibilities, you become unable to speak well. You fall inexplicably. You have trouble picking up papers or using a pen. You tire very easily. You seek medical counsel, but are given no satisfactory answers. If you can imagine this, then you start to understand the beginnings of ALS, or Lou Gehrig?s Disease.

Unfortunately, it gets much worse. Relatively quickly, usually within two years, the patient becomes unable to speak, to move, to swallow. Finally, the patient becomes unable to breathe. Most patients die within five years. Yet, through it all, for the vast majority of patients, their minds remain unaffected. Essentially the ALS patient's mind is trapped inside a helpless body.

Thank you again for supporting me in the fight against ALS and Go Zips!

http://web.alsa.org/site/TR/ALSEvent/Na ... o.facebook

I know some may not be able to help; but if you can,"Ohio's Pride" The University of Akron Marching Band would greatly appreciate your help toward out $10,000 goal! Thank you!
Last edited by coasterdave on November 2nd, 2011, 1:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Return to Off Topic Discussion