Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area Mount Overlord - Terrain Woodie - Station Update!

Mount Overlord - Terrain Woodie - Station Update!

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post September 26th, 2010, 2:26 pm

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Well the coaster focuses on scenery and aside from that what do you think?

Post October 1st, 2010, 6:58 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
Wow! For an rct2 ride you make it look pretty good, I can't wait for the release :D Nice job LOEA.

Post October 1st, 2010, 8:51 pm

Thanks,most of the guys on NE are complaining about it,good to hear a compliment!

Post October 18th, 2010, 6:39 pm

UPDATE Time!
Yea my PC was love up so I changed to another,that why theres no big progress.There are just two changes,I added a island and a damm,the damm will be moved to another position,I was just playing with my objects.

The Damm...
Image Insert:
577.06 KB
Without roof.
Image Insert:
565.28 KB
Image Insert:
570.41 KB
Image Insert:
573.12 KB
Image Insert:
572.86 KB
Image Insert:
635.68 KB
Image Insert:
570.8 KB
Image Insert:
594.48 KB
Not finished yet...

Yeah that was it I hope you enjoyed seeya!

Post October 18th, 2010, 7:09 pm

I`d like to see some thoughts.I`m really proud of that damm.

Post October 19th, 2010, 3:08 pm

Points on hand: 50.00 Points
I like the look of the dam. You're a good RCT2 builder LOEA.
That Helix also looks pretty epic, nice :D
[19:47:28] rcking04: /smoke bong through wrong end

Post October 19th, 2010, 3:17 pm

Thanks haz,that made my crappy day
Here a tiny tiny tiny update for those who still care of this project.
Image Insert:
572.92 KB
Boat Landing...

Post October 19th, 2010, 3:52 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

Post October 19th, 2010, 3:54 pm

Post October 19th, 2010, 6:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,123.00 Points
This is pretty awesome for RCT2. That dam is very nice, and the helix from tunnel to tunnel looks awesome. The tunnel caps look great.

Post October 24th, 2010, 5:35 am
Pad

Points on hand: 1,981.00 Points

Hi LOEA, so I finally got around testing this. What you have is very nice! Honestly, I do not like some sections of the track, just because they have ridiculous pacing. Most notably, if RCT measures -2.5g vertical, it looks like, say -8g... You should really keep those negatives below -2g, -1.6g or so would be even better. But I know this unrealistic pacing is very hard to avoid when building such giant rides in RCT... And you certainly shouldn't change the whole thing because of that. What I suggest you is to lower one or both lifts just a tad. You could make a cool predrop, too, so you don't have to change the big drop a lot. Just my 2 cents though. Now for the positive points, the theming you showed me is really really awesome, sets a great mood for the ride and is surprisingly detailed. I love the bridges, tunnels and waterfalls. Also, it's only getting better, the dam looks really nice! Pity the roof is not made of glass so the interior could still be seen... [;)] keep up the good work!

Post October 24th, 2010, 7:05 am

Thanks for that feedback,Pad,unfortuneatly I can`t lower the lifthills,the trains would crawl in the MCBRs,sorry dude,and for the glassroofs,I`m not really a fan of them,but you can just save and then delte them then you can watch the interiorI`m kinda stuck in trackwork,I don`t have an idea how to fit in a third Lifthill,maybe i can solve that problem with a prelift,the damm will be moved to the left side of the foot of the first lifthill.But its DAMN nice to see someone who is interrested in that project.Since I`m a bit stressed with school it I`ll be a bit difficult to work on it in the next weeks,so its status will be probably changed to on hold.
Anyway here som pics:
Image Insert:
606.32 KB
Image Insert:
588.18 KB
Image Insert:
606.9 KB
Image Insert:
618.18 KB
Image Insert:
618.33 KB
[hello]Seeya!

Post October 25th, 2010, 5:55 pm

Update!Update!Update!
I felt like working on MO and made a good step forward,i started with the station area.It looks maybe a bit odd and I know its huge,but it`ll look awesome when its finished,only bad thing is that I may have to move the first lifthill.So here are some pics:
Image Insert:
630.29 KB
This is the station,well unfinished and the second MCBR with a transfer track to the maintance area,I even made something like a room under the rail to check wheels and maintain the train... like in RL ;)
The second MCBR will lead in the prelift of the third lifthill.
Image Insert:
642.11 KB
Image Insert:
639.46 KB
Now this is something special,I call this section the railyard,it contains two storages and several block brakes and one unique thing,there is a transfer track that can make the ride shorter,if there are many visitors and the capacity is dropping down then you can activate that transfer so the train that comes out of the right tunnel goes to the station and does not make the course with the second MCBR and the third lifthill.Here you can see it better,I just changed it so that the train comes out of the left tunnel but in the final version it`ll come out of the right one.
Image Insert:
638.84 KB
Image Insert:
441.7 KB
And the overview at last,you can see the size.
This is my first project with custom scenery and I`m damn proud of it,it would be great to see some comments!

Post October 25th, 2010, 6:03 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
wow that's pretty incredible! Very good job! Are you going to be building elements of a theme park around the ride?

Post October 25th, 2010, 6:17 pm

Yeah I planned a lookout tower,a old fun pier with a Merry-go-round and a ferris wheel and some food stalls on it and a swimming platform with a boat rental on it so yeah.I`ll also build a harbour near Lake Shelby Lookout (formerly Grizzly Point).But to have a halfway realistic timeline there will be no modern things.And thanks BTW,I got some scraps from the pier and boat rental and th park layout maybe I can post them tomorrow.

Previous

Return to Hard Hat Area