Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Mt. Olympus / Timberfalls PHOTO Trip Report

Mt. Olympus / Timberfalls PHOTO Trip Report

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post August 13th, 2009, 2:49 pm

Points on hand: 2,341.00 Points
After leaving my house at seven, my friends and I embarked on the lengthy drive to the largest tourist-trap in the area. Rather than endanger everyone else in the car by driving at an ungodly time of the day, I slept against the window of the passenger seat, waking up only when we drove past a cars containing hot ladies. I had forgotten how uneventful the drive through this part of the state is... We found our exit and entered the parking lot alongside Hades.

The parking area has greatly expanded since my last visit in 2006. The lot is now the size of a much bigger park, such as Valleyfair. It stretches all the way from the main road, back to Hades pre-lift. This is also the first year that parking isn't free, which came to be a disappointment. We parked our car, and made our way into the park.

The park is cool, i guess. I like the rides a lot.

As the day grew later, our group seperated, as some of us chose to make the trip down the road to Timber Falls, to get the long awaited Avalanche credit. The sharp turns on the roller coaster really make your mouth salavate as you approach the park. We paid for our wristbands and walked straight to Avalanche's station.

We rode it a bunch of times then decided to go back to Mt. Olympus

When we met up with the rest of our group at the park, we rerode a few rides again, but then decided we needed supper.

McDonalds was located just a block or so away, so that seemed to be the logical place to go. The interior of the building far surpassed any other fast food establishment I've ever seen. We set our gear down at the table, and proceeded to order our food. I ordered two double-quarter pounder sandwiches, a large fry, and large soda. If I remember correctly, two of my friends each ordered a McNugget meal, another ordered a kids meal, and someone got a Big Mac sandwich. The meal was on par with other McDonalds I've eaten at, although my burger had the perfect serving sizes of ketchup and mustard.

We went back to the park for our last re-rides on the major rides.

The drive back home seemed to take foreeeeever. We were all exhausted from such a long day, and the interstate seemed to be endless. Those of us who stayed awake played Wheel of Fortune on a handheld game system. As we arrived into the Chippewa Valley, we tuned to one of the local radio stations, only to find they canceled the modern rock music, and substituted it with non-stop Christmas jingles. This wasn't a problem however, as we were all in the mood for sing-a-longs!

Overall, we all liked the Dells very much. Here are the promised high-quality pictures:

Image Insert:
36.89 KB

This is Hades's newly modified train.

Image Insert:
64.73 KB

I'm not sure, but I think this is Hades just before it flies past the station. (It doesn't really "fly", it's just a figure of speech)

Thanks for reading! Feel free to comment on how great this photo trip report was!

Post August 13th, 2009, 2:56 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

Great trip report, and some nice photos there! You really captured the beauty of those refurbished trains. It's nice to hear there will be more room to park, and your McDonald's stop sounded well worth the trip.

Post August 13th, 2009, 4:01 pm

Points on hand: 1,004.00 Points
This was one epic trip report..
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 13th, 2009, 11:45 pm

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Post August 13th, 2009, 11:47 pm

For christ's sake... the whopping two pictures you put up are blurry.
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 14th, 2009, 12:16 pm

The trip report was obviously very high quality, or the staff wouldn't have put it on the homepage. Grow up, and realize that this is a masterpiece of literature, and none of you are in a position to say otherwise.

Post August 14th, 2009, 12:52 pm

Oh yeah. This is definitely the best TR I've ever seen.
Just keep scrolling...

Post August 14th, 2009, 1:43 pm

Points on hand: 1,916.00 Points

Post August 14th, 2009, 9:39 pm

Points on hand: 1,375.00 Points
Why were those train modifications made?
"Ahhhhh. You always say 'ahhhhh' at the end of the ride." - Charles J. Jacques

Post August 15th, 2009, 5:09 pm

That's irrelevant. You obviously missed the point of this photo trip report...

(To save your body from the violent turns. Hades is among the roughest roller coasters I've been on)

Post August 15th, 2009, 5:34 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points

Post August 16th, 2009, 6:41 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Are you kidding? Hades is really smooth!

Just wondering, Nightmare500, how many times did you ride the Avalanche?

This is the worst trip report I've ever seen. You spent more time talking about your uneventful drive there and back, and what you ordered at McDonalds than what the park was like.
American Eagle Lover

Post August 16th, 2009, 11:38 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post August 17th, 2009, 3:08 pm

I rode Avalanche 13-ish times, if I remember correctly. But that's not important.

Everything important concerning my trip to The Dells was included in this trip report. You're in no position to judge what is vital information. YOU WEREN'T THERE!

Post August 18th, 2009, 12:54 pm

Points on hand: 53.00 Points
This was definately one of the most epic trip reports ever.

It was so high-quality that I literally almost died from looking at it, let alone reading it.

The McDonalds bit made me pass out it was so intense!

Did you hear him "2 double quarter pounders." That's more than 1!
Gotta love dem' coasters!

Post August 19th, 2009, 12:47 pm

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Originally posted by Nightmare500

I rode Avalanche 13-ish times, if I remember correctly. But that's not important.

Everything important concerning my trip to The Dells was included in this trip report. You're in no position to judge what is vital information. YOU WEREN'T THERE!

How would you possibly ride it 13 times if it has a 5 ride limit? I was there last weekend and they marked my wristband each time I rode.
American Eagle Lover

Post August 19th, 2009, 7:50 pm

I'm not exactly how this is relates to the important portion of my trip report, but I'll answer these irrelevant questions regardless.

The ride op said he never marks wristbands for the last 45 minutes of his shift, so we basically had ERT on the ride. It's possible that you weren't offered the same benefit because you fail at life.

Post August 19th, 2009, 8:58 pm

In otherwords, you are saying you sucked so much dick that you got some free rides. Right?

Post August 19th, 2009, 9:06 pm

Post August 19th, 2009, 9:24 pm

Good job man, I like to see people using their skillz to their full potential.

Post September 7th, 2009, 8:39 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points

Post September 7th, 2009, 9:12 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Post September 9th, 2009, 9:28 am

Points on hand: 2,593.00 Points
Well you havn't returned my call's bitch.
Lol, nah in all honesty i've been waaaayy to busy for anything let alone coaster s h i t.
I've missed you hun [R]

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports