Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion My ball collection.

My ball collection.

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 17th, 2009, 7:26 pm

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I have some old and new golfballs, lacrosse balls , A Babe Ruth Leather Glover baseball, a ball made up of thread and four large lightweight ball from Odia's Farm.
The brands of golf balls that I have are: Noodle Long and Soft, Top Flite2, WURA Range, Golden Ram, Srixon, JuicePlus, 7 Up Flite4, and two labeled "Practice".
I plan to get many more types and brands of balls.

Post June 17th, 2009, 8:05 pm

Points on hand: 3,059.00 Points

Post June 17th, 2009, 8:17 pm

Post June 17th, 2009, 9:11 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
You don't have brass balls like I do.

:D
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 17th, 2009, 9:18 pm

Post June 17th, 2009, 9:53 pm

^^ LOL. Mine are a Titanium Alloy.

I do golf. I have a 3.8 handicap this year and I play Titleist Pro-V1 / V1x or Nike Ones (Black, Platinum or Tour) NOT the Vapors.

Basically, I dont generally need the High spin balls that have the really hard cover, since my swing speed of right around 100 doesnt destroy the cover the ball. Nor do I have spin issues. However, I like the softer covers of the Pro-V1 and I can stop a 5iron 5ft from its ball mark on quick greens. I can draw my wedges back sometimes a little too far though...

I had a few nice souvenier balls in a ball case but since gave that up.

Post June 17th, 2009, 9:54 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by cool5

May I see a picture of them?

They are in his avatar [;)]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 17th, 2009, 10:35 pm

Points on hand: 3,207.00 Points

Titleist ftw! I use pinnacle balls sometimes though, because they're cheap....

Post June 17th, 2009, 10:39 pm

If I need cheap ones, I buy the already used Titleist packs and when Im feeling like quality without crazy price...I get the used Pro V1's. I usually inspect the box first to make sure they arent all scuffed up, but seeing as though I bet a lot of the balls only got a few holes of play - you cant beat whats normally 45 bucks a dozen for 20 bucks. Radically different price. If I was a scratch golfer who shot under par consistantly...I would buy brand new. But Im not to that point yet.

Post June 17th, 2009, 10:45 pm

Points on hand: 2,219.00 Points

Post June 17th, 2009, 10:50 pm

Wii Golf is about the worst Golf Sim ever. IF anything, get the Tiger Woods 10 with the new motion sensor. Wii Golf fails at every level!

Post June 18th, 2009, 2:13 am
SNJ

Points on hand: 668.00 Points

Post June 18th, 2009, 2:53 am

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Cinderella story...outta nowhere...former greenskeeper...etc.

Post June 18th, 2009, 8:46 am

Originally posted by SNJ

People actually buy Golf games?

When you live up north and can only play golf for 8 months...you need someone to take the edge off during the winter months.

And I said 8 because I WILL golf early and late in the season when its 45 degrees out and not snowing.

Post June 18th, 2009, 4:13 pm

^I tried golfing in the snow once. 6 shots, 3 lost balls, and I was done. [lol]

Post June 18th, 2009, 4:59 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,163.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

why would people play golf anyway? In a game or in real life. Rather than doing something useful or exciting?

"I know what i'll do today, i'll stand around on some grass ALL day doing generally not a lot and then have the bare faced cheek to call it a sport!" lol, gimme a break, it's almost as bad as cricket or baseball. Why is it that all the dullest sports are the ones that last the longest? "This is boring, I know what we should do; drag it out all day so that everyone can be bored all day!" fail.

Post June 18th, 2009, 5:06 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

why would people play golf anyway? In a game or in real life. Rather than doing something useful or exciting?

"I know what i'll do today, i'll stand around on some grass ALL day doing generally not a lot and then have the bare faced cheek to call it a sport!" lol, gimme a break, it's almost as bad as cricket or baseball. Why is it that all the dullest sports are the ones that last the longest? "This is boring, I know what we should do; drag it out all day so that everyone can be bored all day!" fail.

Golf is just as dull as football/soccer. Same idea, different methode:

Golf: Getting 1 ball into a hole with different sticks.
Football/Soccer: Getting 1 ball into a goal with 22 fools.

[lol]
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 18th, 2009, 5:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

Post June 19th, 2009, 1:10 am

Soccer is only boring on TV (and even then only for some people). I went to the USA vs. Honduras World Cup qualifyer in Chicago (go Honduras!), and it was CRAZY. That's one of the most exciting experiences I've ever had.

Also I think it kinda has to do with what you feel like you're good at. If you suck at golf, you would find it horribly boring on TV and not realize how much skill it really takes to be good at it. Also IMO it can be even more tiring than other "contact" sports. Another example: before I got good at DDR (towards Dirk), I thought it was extremely boring to watch and play, but when I got the hang of it i found out how fun it really was. It just has to do with what you enjoy.

Post June 19th, 2009, 1:46 am

Points on hand: 3,043.00 Points

I hate soccer, period.
I don't find it boring, but I find it just plain stupid.
Just my opinion.

Post June 19th, 2009, 1:51 am

Points on hand: 2,266.00 Points

Post June 19th, 2009, 3:04 am

Originally posted by coasterpimp

I hate soccer, period.
I don't find it boring, but I find it just plain stupid.
Just my opinion.
State your reasoning.

Post June 19th, 2009, 5:15 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,163.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by necrodude31

HOCKEY TRUMPS ALL!!!!!!!!!

There is no doubt that Ice Hockey is amazing, if I were born in America or Canada, there is no doubt that it would be my favourite sport, but Football (Soccer) is my first love. There is NOTHING like the experience of sitting in a football ground with the kind of atmosphere, whether it hostile or jovial, that you get at a football match.

As for the game itself, when played properly, it is beautiful to watch and the players that play it at the top level are undoubtedly the fittest athletes on the planet (bar possibly tri-athletes).

I've had this argument many time before, and the way I can settle this is to use the following statement: The job of a sport is to entertain those who play and watch it, as such, the best sport must be that which enterains the largest majority of people. As Football (soccer) is watched and played by the easily the largest number of people on a year on year basis around the globe, then it is undeniably the greatest sport on earth.

Whether you like it or not, you cannot disagree that it is the best sport on earth. [:)]

Post June 19th, 2009, 11:34 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Baseball = SNOOZE

Find me another sport where you can chew tobacco while playing it because it's so slow.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 20th, 2009, 2:05 am

Soccer/Futbol is so widely accepted because it only requires a ball. This means virtually any demographic of peoples can learn and participate in it. Even if you have to fashion a ball from tape and crude elements. Thats why A: its the most popular and B: So worldwide.

But you also said that a sport is to entertain those who play and watch it. Personally, watching it has nothing to do with it. First you gotta understand whats going on (normally). Before I understood Futbol, I thought it was boring. Once I understood it, a lot more fun to watch when I knew the game.

As said, if you dont know Golf, dont know how to swing a club (or have never tried) then obviously your view is skewed. I personally find it to be one of the hardest sports, period. No depending on teammates to save (or screw up). It takes minimum (pro) 4 hours. You end up playing in virtually all weather conditions unless its lightning. Swinging a club at 100mph and trying to make sure it hits the ball squarely so the ball flies in a straight path, but also high or low enough depending on the need. Theres also a million external factors that a lot of sports just dont have because of artificial surfaces or simply because the area its played on is far smaller.

But every sport has its quirks and reasons why its extremely hard. Sports are almost all hard. If they were easy, most of us would be playing them for a living, making money and being famous. But we arent. Shoot, even the simple sport of RUNNING most of us arent professional at.

I think anyone who knocks any one sport is just doing so to be argumentative. If youve never played it, then IMO youve got no room to talk about it like that. And if you have, then you probably dont understand it. I like sports where its just me. Racing (youve got a team but ultimatly its you and the car), Golf, Tennis, etc. Team sports are cool and fun, I just would rather not depend on someone else. When I fail, I only want to answer to myself. I also only want the pressure on me when its down to it.

I also think most haters of golf generally dont have the coordination and suck royally at it. Missing the ball when swinging, shanking it 30yrds straight to the right, etc. That builds up frustration and as with anytime you get frustrated, you just say screw this, this sucks. Which I understand, its a really hard sport. Its not like kicking a ball where its a rather natural movement. You learn to do that by the time you walk. Swinging a golf club is a complicated manner. Something that takes a lot of practice and work to train your muscles. And thats just to be "ok" at the game. The same commitment in futbol would make you "good" because the movement comes so much more naturally.

So in general again, I think the dislike of golf thinking its boring is simply because its really far to hard for most people to grasp quickly. And when its so easy to do other things, why waste your time learning something youll prolly suck at anyways?

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion