Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion My Canadian International Autoshow Review

My Canadian International Autoshow Review

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post February 20th, 2005, 12:25 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Yeah I thought I would post my review of the autoshow I went to today for any car nuts like myself [:p]

Ok, so here is my review that I posted on a different site:

I just got back from spending almost seven and a half hours at the car show.
There were so many nice cars this year.

First major exhibit I visited was Ford. The ford exhibit was pretty boring except for the new Mustangs and the Ford GT. I didn't really find the stock Mustangs that nice looking, in particular, I thought the ass end was pretty ugly. They did however have a new Mustang outfitted with a Saleen body kit which looked alot nicer than the stock body. After I finished checking out the Mustangs I darted over to the GT40. I never noticed how short the GT40 was. The roof didn't even reach my waste. Such a nice car to see in person. Right beside the GT40 was the new Ford GT, which I think is the best looking car Ford has ever made.

Next up was the Dodge and Chrysler exhibits. They had all the essential cars on display SRT-8, Viper, SRT-4, SRT-6, Charger, etc. Nothing really new that I had not seen before except for the SRT-6 which was pretty nice. They also had the Dodge Razor (Pic of car:http://www.compcamps.com/camps2003/tleigh/pics-cars/Dodge-Razor.jpg) which was just god damn ugly!

Next up was Porsche. I finally got my view of the Carrera GT (Pic of car:http://www.aoqz76.dsl.pipex.com/Web%20Page%20Components/Wallpaper/Cars/Carrera%20GT.jpg). I don't even know what to say. It is such a nice car. Just sitting there on the platform it looks amazingly fast! Porsche seems to be heading in a good direction with the design of their cars. They had the new Boxters on display which look even better than the last versions. They also had the Turbo S which is just a beautiful car.

After that we headed over to the Lamborgini display. I'm not really a fan of Lamborgini, but every time I see the Murcielago in person it always hits me on how low and nice looking it is. They had both the coupe version and the convertible Murcielago. The convertible was even better looking than the coupe. Lamborgini also had one Gallardo. I didn't really like it compared to the Murcielago because it looked way too squished.

After viewing the Lamborginis I headed torward the Ferrari and Maserati display. I think someone was a complete moron in disigning the layout of this part of the show. Someone had the brilliant idea of putting motorcycles right up against the rails on the Ferrari exhibit! So of course people were squeezing between the bikes and it was way to hectic around Ferrari. Ferrari had the F430 and the 612 Scaglietti on display. The F430 looked like a bigger 360 Modena with a Ferrari Enzo back end slapped onto it and the 612 was absolutly hideous. Ferrari failed to impress me this year.

Next up was Aston Martin, Bentley and Rolls Royce. I had already seen the Aston Martins in person before so I didn't hang around them for very long. I was more interested in seeing the Bentley Continental GT and it did not dissapoint. The Bentley was awesome looking on the outside and the interior was just as nice. After checking out the Bentleys i scooted over to the Rolls Royce Phantom. The Phantom is a really nice car and looks alot better in person than it does in photographs. I was surprised at how huge it was.

The next major car exhibit was the General Motors display. I was hoping Chevrolet would have the 2006 ZO6 Corvette on display, but sadly they only had the 2005 Corvette. Still a very nice car though. There was a cool looking concept version of the Cobalt SS on display that had a neat body kit and the engine was tuned to 300hp. Overall, the GM exhibit didn't have much that I had not seen before. The Pontiacs are all starting to look the same which sucks, though the Pontiac Solstice (Pic of car:http://www.powersys.com/auto_show2004/Pontiac%20Solstice%20Pic%201-pt.jpg) wasn't too bad looking. Cadillac had cars on display that can be found at pretty much any Cadillac dealership, so I didn't spend much time looking at them.

Mercedes was next. I'm not really fond of Mercedes, but they were all pretty nice. I was a bit dissapointed that the SLR was not on display.

I went through the Mercedes exhibit pretty fast and after that I finally arrived at BMW! All the cars on display were very nice. I thought the new 6 series looked a hell of alot better in person than in pictures. I was very surprised at how good it looked because from pictures I thought the front end looked very wierd, but I was wrong. BMW obviously had a few 3 series on display (including the very nice M3), a few 7 series and even a BMW Formula 1 engine. But the best car at the BMW display was the M5. It is such a nice car and the engine looks amazing. The interior of the M5 was also very nice with wood accents instead of the cheesy looking aluminum accents found on the previous M5.

Those were the motor companies that stood out most in my mind. Of course there were also displays from Kia, Suzuki, Lexus, Nissan, Honda...etc. But those are all cars that you see everyday on every street so there is no real need to describe them, lol.

I think the company that surprised and impressed me the most was Saturn. Their car designs have done a complete 180 degree flip. Saturns, in my eyes, used to be some of the ugliest cars on the road. The Saturns that I saw on display were very nice looking and didn't have that cheap econo car look to them like all the previous Saturns did. I would actually consider purchasing one if they were in my low price range :lol: .

Overall, the car show this year was very good. Lots of interesting and nice cars to look at. I enjoyed this day very much and was very pleased at the quality of the show.
In total (not including subway tokens) I spent $15 dollars to get into the show (I had a $5 AAA/CAA discount coupon) and I spent a rediculous $3.26 on a bottle of juice. Other than the price of the juice this was a very wonderful and fun filled day :lol: Hopefully the Canadian Internation AutoShow comes back next year even bigger and better.

My friends and I took about 200 pictures (probably about 150 good ones) and I will upload them later on and I will be sure to post the link in this thread.

oh poop, I forgot about Panoz! Their display was off in the corner of one of the event halls Their cars are pretty sweet, along with their racing cars.
Panoz even had an unpainted and cutaway car. It was pretty neat seeing the bare sheet metal and all the inner workings of the car. I couldn't tell if it had a uni-body or a body on frame construction. The front and back end looked like there was a true frame, but the passenger tub/cockpit had no hints of any frame, it was wierd, but very neat.

Enjoy [:)]

Post February 20th, 2005, 12:27 am

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

Post February 20th, 2005, 12:37 am

Points on hand: 3,741.00 Points
sounds very nice indeed. thanks for the review. go porsche!

Post February 20th, 2005, 3:50 am

Points on hand: 4,004.00 Points

Post February 21st, 2005, 12:36 am

Points on hand: 5,806.00 Points

Porsche > Lamborgini

How could anything owned by VW be any good? lolol ;)

Return to Off Topic Discussion