Board index Roller Coaster Games Track Advertising My Fall 2004 Coaster Projects (NL & RCT2)

My Fall 2004 Coaster Projects (NL & RCT2)

Advertise your ride here to get it ridden and rated!

Post September 7th, 2004, 2:23 am
cjd

Points on hand: 4,718.00 Points

Well, I finally have No Limits back, and it has been an eternity since I have really advertised or posted anything worthwile, so here is the breakdown of my current coaster projects. Many of which I have mentioned before, but now I am serious about working projects to their completion.

Project #1: "Ultimate Nightmare: The Lost Coaster"

FINISHED!!!!

check it out! http://www.weeweeslap.com/track_exchange/detail.asp?tid=5216

Project 2: "The Rockler version 2.0"

The Story: In May 2003, I posted the tallest and fastest woodie ever created, "The Rockler". It featured an unprecidented 12,000 ft of track, and a ride time of nearly 4 minutes. The downside: the ride had no flow... it was like a hybrid of the top 10 list tied together with jungle twine and 3 dead-stop midcourse brake sections in between. Finishing with a rating of 7.88 and a bronze medal, I was naturally not satisfied. After my summer outing at Holiday World, I finally discovered what truly makes a great coaster. So now, I am ready to give this 325 ft terrain woodie a second try, and avenge the death of the coaster that gave me the reputation of the best advertiser for the most dissapointing tracks. This version will be a terrained, speeding, soaring, airtime-filled wonder machine.

The Statistics: The beginning of this ride is the same as the original, (the best part of the original ride), only completely retracked and with wide supports on the lift and high sections. After that, nothing remains of the original. There is no longer a brake run before the big drop. Instead, the whole drop is turned into a giant double-down with nearly 3.5 seconds of nonstop airtime. Then, a massive elevated banked turn sends you back toward the mountain. A triple-up follows, getting you back to the top. A gentle 180 degree turn sets up the most intense element of the whole ride... a 225 ft double helix hugging a cliff face. This element generates 4 g's as it whips through 2 tunnels at 80 mph. Then, there is a section of the ride I like to call "riverside rampage", as it races by the river at over 70 mph, over hills and around twisted curves. Finally, there is a last encore of terrained track, ending with a final drop of 150 ft and a fabulous airtime hill back into the station. The ride is speed, speed, and more speed with wicked airtime, powerful posotive and lateral g's and a big finale which I haven't fully revealed yet. (just wait and ride it...) [;)]

Progress: Trackwork is complete up to the end of the river rampage section. Will begin working on the rest of the ride as soon as I have posted Ultimate Nightmare. Look for the final version of this coaster within the next month.

Project #3: "Cedar Point Coaster Package"

The Story: As many of you already know, I worked for CP for 2 months this past summer. While I was there, I took notes on all 16 coasters down to every detail I could. I will be tediously recreating every single roller coaster at CP in NoLimts, with emphasis on accuracy of the trackwork. I will go into every detail I can using the supports.

The Statistics: A recreation of all 16 coasters at Cedar Point, America's Roller Coast.

Progress: Track work on Millennium Force is about 1/3 finished. This is a massive project, and will likely not be finished for many many months. Looking for it to be done around Christmas time. About two months after that, I will be posting the "Cedar Point Extreme Coaster Package", which will be the CP coasters with a few "slight" modifications [;)].

Project #4: "Cedar Point" (RCT2)

The coaster package is just the icing on the cake. This is the genuine article. The whole of the world's largest amusement park is coming to RCT2 at last. If you would like more details, or screenshots, take a look at the separate topic I have previously posted.

http://www.weeweeslap.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=5600

Project #5: "Adrenaline Land" (NL & RCT2)

4 miles from the town of Cambridge, OH, a new monster park lurks. it is a combination of the asthetics of a classic american amusement park, the extreme coasters of Cedar Point, and the fair pricing and quality of Holiday World. I could go on about the park forever, but here are the coasters that go along with it, which I will be creating one by one in No Limits as well as RCT2.

TIMBER STREAK - A classic-style coaster with a Schmeck-style layout and classic restraint and braking systems.

CYCLONE - This is one of the rare attractions not found anywhere else. It is a GCII coaster with basically the same layout as the Crystal Beach Cyclone, only modified to fit modern safety and with a more twisted layout (believe it or not...)

LAVA BLAST - The signatue attraction at the park. It is an Intamin Rocket Coaster with a 130mph launch that shoots you out of a flaming volcano, cresting a 400 ft straight first drop, and something TTD doesn't have... airtime hills and overbanked turns. It's one twisted, turning, lifting, and absolutely insane coaster with a beautiful terrained environment.

HYDRO THUNDER - A straighter, taller, faster, terrained version of Millennium Force. An awesome ride.

SPECTRE - a terrained woodie like The Raven that finishes with a 60 mph drop off the sde of the hill. A fun ride with great pacing.

THE ROCKLER - This is the signature woodie of the park. It lifts up into the hill face 185 ft before doing a short first drop, turning twisting hills following the terrain of the hillside, a double helix, and then a triple-down drop off the cliff side at 65 mph, and then through an absolutely disorienting series of hills and turns at max speed to finish the ride. This coaster seems to cascade down the mountainside like an avalance, and finishes much stronger than it starts. Add in lateral g's and some awesome airtime and you have a truly dynamite ride.

Progress: This project is currently on the back burner behind the CP and old coaster projects, so the time frame is from Christmas to mid winter.

Well, those are my projects. Look for them popping up, and I can only hope that these projects don't fall flat like some of the others. Keep looking back for updates.
Last edited by cjd on September 10th, 2004, 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to Track Advertising