Board index Roller Coaster Games 3D Modeling Discussion My newest Sketchup work...all about SCALE.

My newest Sketchup work...all about SCALE.

Discuss anything related to 3D modeling from 3ds Max to Object Creator. Have a question? Get it answered here!

Post October 30th, 2012, 11:17 pm
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,514.00 Points
Bank: 2,212.00 Points
After Blackout premiered on youtube I got a comment saying that objects were too large outside the station....meaning rails, etc. For the one I'm making now I'm trying harder to get the scale right....I've inserted an image from sketchup to see what you guys think of it so far. They're dynamic components so they're easily changed.

insert:

If you want to see Blackout to see for yourself, it can be viewed here:

http://youtu.be/-ghjtlH_D2g

EDIT:

On another note, here's a view of the new roof I'm making, I'm going for realism on this model so what do you think of it? I originally wanted the roof to extend over the exit as well but I couldn't do it without making the roof look freaking retarded.

Last edited by Goku1910 on November 1st, 2012, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post November 1st, 2012, 1:11 am

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points
I'm hiring you for my next coaster. You're good at this 3D stuff.

Post November 1st, 2012, 2:26 pm
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I'm willing to make 3DS, but it takes a long time.

Things I need: If your not using a flat ground near the station I need a Construction kit export with Ground and tracks...NO supports, and NO water, and NO tunnels! Do not export the entire track, export from brake run to the end of the station, or even the lift if you wanted a catwalk for that. If you have an MCBR, export that separately.

tracks must be color coded using the "individual track colors" option. You could just tell me the length of the station but I find this easier because I can build the model around it. For example, I make my brake segments red, station yellow, and lift green.

Post November 1st, 2012, 5:21 pm
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

UPDATE:

Here's a view of the roof cross section. By far, the most difficult thing I've made in sketchup besides spiral stairs.

And this is a well thought out design of the new H-Beams...the triangles you see are the fillers between the current component to the next one in front of it; this way they all fit seamlessly like puzzle pieces.

The B&M storage tracks I made for Blackout return but with a revamp....the catwalk is further away from the track and their spaced further apart. I also reduced the amount of polygons!

Also notice the attention to detail, the catwalks on the transfer brake side do not touch where the track will "move"....Maybe if NL2 ever releases.

Post November 1st, 2012, 5:29 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post November 1st, 2012, 6:01 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
Structurally you don't need the pieces connecting the roof trusses only the pieces going across a truss.
What are these for?

Post November 1st, 2012, 6:07 pm
Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I know they're not needed, but I kept them anyway.

Concerning the unnecessary beams at the cross:I don't know what the issue was but when I intersected them sketchup made some weird objects sticking out. These blue beams simply cover it. I've tried removing them for a smoother looking cross. But when I do the face is no longer complete and it erases.....What happens is that the roof altogether is about 0.3m thick, at the point where the roof crosses they meet together at the same point...or they're supposed to, when I intersected it things got weird. I think next time I will just manually do that.

ugh, it's hard to exaplain, if I can get a screenshot of it I will eventually.

Return to 3D Modeling Discussion