Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion My pics from Florida

My pics from Florida

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post April 9th, 2004, 3:58 pm
Master of Puppets User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 4,581.00 Points

Click here

Here's the pics I took while in Florida. I took lots of the queue to Dueling Dragons, cuz I thought it was quite well-made.

Post April 9th, 2004, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 3,321.00 Points
Nice pictures, especially from inside the waiting room [8)]

Bino

Post April 9th, 2004, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 1,434.00 Points

Post April 9th, 2004, 5:49 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Good Pics. Although there is not many coaster ones

Post April 9th, 2004, 6:32 pm

Yea, there were mostly space ships and ur car and scenery.

Post April 9th, 2004, 7:46 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

Want coaster pics? Go to http://www.rcdb.com there are lots there.

I don't see the point in taking tons of pics of stuff that is readily available. Plus there are only 5 pictures taken from the car, and it's not my car.

Post April 9th, 2004, 8:23 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Im sorry MoP but this picture here doesnt even compare with mine here [lol]

Nices pics foo

Post April 9th, 2004, 8:41 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 3,347.00 Points
[lol] The lemonade pic was my favorite. The other pics were cool too.

Post April 9th, 2004, 9:38 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

[lol] @ Edge and Kev. BTW Kev, that is Mountain Dew [;)]

Here's kind of how the trip went:

Islands of adventure was pretty busy, as it was the weekend, Busch Gardens wasn't bad.

I got to Orlando at 9 AM on a Friday, I was dead tired from being up all night because the morons at my airline screwed everything up. So anyway we couldn't check into our hotel because it was too early so we went and got some food because I was hungry. Then we were trying to figure out wtf to do, and we saw a sign that said Cape Canaveral 45 miles, figured what the hell, so we drove to Kennedy Space Center and spent the day there.

On the second day, Saturday, we went to Universal's Islands of Adventure. Extremely nice park. We rode all the coasters they have, Dueling Dragons, Fire and Ice (3 times each) and The Incredible Hulk (twice). We also rode the Spiderman ride, which was really cool, a 3d ride, and you go around on a track... It was cool anyway.

On the third day, Sunday, we went to Sea World, and rode the coaster they have a bunch of times, I forget how many, and we took in the shows and such.

On the fourth day, we drove back to Tampa and visited with my grandparents and such.

On the fifth day, Tuesday, we went to Busch Gardens. When we got there, we went straight for Kumba at the back of the park, mostly because it's my favorite ride. At this point in time I got to do something I've never done before at an amusement park. We were the first ones to ride the rollercoaster (from the public) for the day. And we walked onto the front row seats. And we were the only ones on the whole train. It was very weird not having anyone screaming behind you. Then we got off because there were a couple of people in line, and ran back and got in the back seat, once again a walk-on. After the train made the circuit, we got back in the station and there were people lined up for the middle and the front, but no-one for the seats we were in. So the ride-op just told us to stay seated and we rode again. 3 rides in less than 15 minutes. It was awesome. Then we roamed around and rode all the other coasters in the park, and we also looked at some animals and rode the rhino rally thing.

The sixth day, I went to the place where my sister did her internship, and helped her pack. Then we went to Best Buy and I bought the GPS V thing that you can see on the last page. I wanted something to play with on the drive home.

The seventh day we drove from Tampa Bay FL to Tupelo MS.

The eighth day we drove from Tueplo MS to Council Bluffs IA.

The nineth day we drove from Council Bluffs IA to Letellier Manitoba.

I guess I was wrong above, i was gone for 10 days. I forgot to mention I left on Thursday, spent the night in Toronto, then flew from Toronto to Orlando.

Post April 9th, 2004, 9:51 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

You're cruel and unusual, first u go to florida and go to a bunch of parks and then show us we you did we didn't, you make me sick, lol.
You did take a video camera, didn't you???? You could always make me, and a lot of other people, happy with moving pictures of your trip.
Post 123, lol, 123 I like that order of numbers.

Post April 9th, 2004, 9:56 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

Wow, that was a long trip. I can't even imagine how boring it must have been to drive through some of the states that you mentioned. It's a good thing you had that gps to help pass the time.

Post April 10th, 2004, 2:40 am
Founding Member
Founding Member

I don't think I can name all the states we drove through. I will try though.

Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Tennessee, Missouri (I dunno if I spelled that right), Iowa, South Dakota, North Dakota, US/Canadian border, Manitoba

I don't think I missed any.

I did videotape at all the parks. Just haven't had time, and when I have had time, I have been lacking ambition, to edit it into somethin presentable. Don't worry, it will happen, probably before the weekend is out.

Post April 10th, 2004, 12:52 pm

OMG! I'm kinda embaressed to say this, but you probably drove within a few miles of my house! I live in Tupelo, MS! No, i'm not a country hic, but I have an acsent (or however u spell it). Oh and just for the record, I hate living in Mississippi. There's nothing to do.

Post April 10th, 2004, 1:06 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

I bet you could spell that word if you weren't from Mississippi. [:P]

I'm just kidding!! Hell, I'm from Oklahoma, so who am I to cast stones? [lol]

Post April 10th, 2004, 1:27 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

We came into Tupelo MS on hwy 78 and stayed at a Courtyard hotel. It was a long drive from Tampa to Tupelo, we left Tampa at like 8:30 AM and got to the hotel at 9:15.

I dunno, I liked talking to the people there, the southern accent is cool. At least I think so.

Post April 10th, 2004, 1:33 pm
coolbeans326 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points

I knew someone from texas, I asked them if they carried a gun on them, but they didn't [:(][lol]

Post April 10th, 2004, 1:43 pm
Kev True Addicts
True Addicts

At least you didn't have to drive through Arkansas. Arkansas has to be the oddest state in the country. I once drove through on my way to Maryland, and stopped at a gas station. I asked the guy who was running the place if he had a restroom, and he just said "yup". I asked if I could use it, and again he said "yup". I finally asked where it was, and he directed me to go outside and around the back of the station. I get back there only to find the door locked. I went back inside the station and asked if I could get the key to the restroom, and guess what he said? "yup" [lol]

Post April 10th, 2004, 2:31 pm

Hics give us southern people a bad name. Not all of us are like that. Especially me. Oh yea, when you went, I live close to highway 45 in a place called carr acres.

Post April 10th, 2004, 6:01 pm
Founding Member
Founding Member

LOL

I forgot, we did drive through Arkansas. We didn't stop anywhere in Arkansas though.

Post April 12th, 2004, 4:13 pm

Points on hand: 2,869.00 Points

Those are some nice pics. I will probably go on my senior trip to Universal Orlando, wherever the Dueling Dragons are, and also Disney World. Thats where my bro when last year on his senior trip. I have to wait until next year though. Im still a junior. But i cant wait!

Return to Off Topic Discussion