Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion My Review of "Jonah Hex"

My Review of "Jonah Hex"

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post June 18th, 2010, 11:53 am
SauronHimself User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 1,641.00 Points
Last night I got I saw a free private screening of Jonah Hex, which opens for the public today(18JUNE10). I will say that it was a hell of a lot better than Splice, but it wasn't anything spectacular. The film lasts exactly 1.5 hours, and even in that short time it got the necessary plot development accomplished. Thankfully, Megan Fox did not have many lines, so that helped this film overall. We all know she has become a skank and is nothing more than good eye candy, so this movie made the best of both traits. Josh Brolin's performance was what I'd call his standard typecast performance. His acting was believable, but it wasn't very memorable like Tom Hanks' acting in Forrest Gump. The ending seemed a little hackneyed. Normally, a director wants the last line to be a powerful one, and this one was somewhat profound, but again it wasn't something you'd remember for a long time. Overall, Jonah Hex is a decent film, and whether or not it's worth your $10 is up to you.

On a side note there was a preview for this badass movie called The Expendables. The reason I say it's badass is because the list of actors include Mickey Rourke, Jason Statham, Bruce Willis, Jet Li, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Sylvester Stallone, and Arnold Schwarzenegger. It will be the ultimate showdown.

Return to Off Topic Discussion