Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster My tracks

My tracks

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post January 4th, 2004, 8:13 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,178.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

http://www.coastercrazy.com/track_exchang ... p?tid=2749

Check that and then tell me how on earth i can please all of those people.

Some say its near perfect, some say that its too like my other rides, i'm thinking yeah that'd be like my style then!! To please all them people, i will have to build a track that is like my other tracks, and is also nothing like my other tracks[confused] HELP ME!

Post January 4th, 2004, 9:18 am

Points on hand: 2,092.00 Points
Bank: 10.00 Points

It's just people's opinions; you cant please everybody at the same time! Just keep your tracks coming, I think they are excellent.

Post January 4th, 2004, 10:14 am

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

Post January 4th, 2004, 3:08 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

They are 2 much alike...no to good. Stop being so good your too perfect.[lol] I'm kidding. i get what you mean but it's your style. You change it up enough for me. keep 'em comin'.

Post January 4th, 2004, 4:14 pm

Points on hand: 4,190.00 Points

you know what? - DON'T COMPLAIN - it got an 8.5!! - lol - even if they weren't happy they still rated it well!!

Post January 4th, 2004, 4:40 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Yeah, i know, but i think myself that its worth probably more then that, that might just be me being greedy and all, but yeah well anyways, i suppose you just cant please everyone can you. oh well.

Post January 4th, 2004, 4:46 pm

Points on hand: 5,120.00 Points

theyre good tracks, smooth, adrenaline and all. The problem is you keep the same style everytime, kinda hard to explain. Make some new elements and stuff, then you will see your rating skyrocket.

Post January 4th, 2004, 5:21 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Well, thats not too hard then, i have got about a million ideas for new inversions floating round inside my head, but the problem comes when trying to intergrate them into a ride. Take Kondu for example, the new inversion in that, is like the smallest one i could think of then, most of my other ideas are bigger, but i hate building big rides. maybe i just have to sit for a while and think of some nice smaller inversions, hmmm.

Post January 4th, 2004, 5:37 pm

Points on hand: 3,318.00 Points
Location: Kettering, England / Northamptonshire, United Kingdom

you hate building big rides. There you have it, thats your challenge... to build a big ride [;)]

Post January 5th, 2004, 8:48 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Ok, i'll try it, my next ride will be a big ride then, maybe a 300ft hyper coaster ey. hmmm. yes well i'm sure you all can't wait. *sarcasm* lol.

Post January 5th, 2004, 10:06 am

Points on hand: 3,039.00 Points
I think you should also look at who posts the comment. Usually new users don't know that much about it. I'm not saying it's bad they place comments but they have less experience. So when you read comments you should keep in mind how much experience a certain person has. On this track that's prolly shortkid, adept and the edge.
However, this doesn't mean you shouldn't read comments placed by others, but looking at it in this way you might find out what you really have to improve.

Post January 5th, 2004, 1:39 pm

Points on hand: 317.00 Points
I think they don't know what they are talking about. Your rides rock! I always look forward to the next one. I ignore the down playing comments as they seem not to really matter when I am trying your rides. I just see how I feel when I am trying them. Believe me dear, you are one of the most popular coaster makers out there! Look forward to your next ride!
-Nyssa
Go for a ride!

Post January 6th, 2004, 11:58 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I said i was going to build a 300ft hyper coaster, but erm, yeah, now i'm not going to, because i satrted building one, but then realised that it wasn't very good. The reason i can't build good hyper coasters is because i hate heyper coasters in all of their boringness, I'm going to stick to my style and build a, very twisted, Stand-up coaster. But this time i'll just make it....well, good.

Post January 6th, 2004, 4:55 pm

Points on hand: 3,285.00 Points

Yeah i agree!!! Basically your the guy who likes to build small rides loaded with adrenaline. Stick with your style just make more custom inversions.

Post January 6th, 2004, 5:24 pm

Why not make a Stand-up coaster that is 300 ft tall and then let it do some massive inversions? It'd probably be fantasy, but still.... The other option would be to build small versions of these inversions....

Post January 6th, 2004, 8:22 pm

Points on hand: 4,774.00 Points

I think the G's would get high Tarzanman11514 He's have to be mighty careful! i say Stick with your original idea.

Post January 8th, 2004, 9:43 pm

Points on hand: 4,391.00 Points
All you have to do is kinda combine what you like doing with what you don't like doing. I hate building hypers too, but I noticed something, almost all my rides are 125 - 150 ft tall, so I challanged myself and built an hyper twsiter that is still my style but is branching out just a little bit.

Post January 17th, 2004, 4:59 pm

Points on hand: 2,527.00 Points

Fun ride! I am a newbie 42 years old and can remember when I was 10 years old and drawing rollercoasters in my notebooks during class. That was when Magic Mountain had a couple of coasters. I'm just learning NL and having fun. Your's was the first coaster I've downloaded from this site. Where can I find tips on how to create loops, etc? Thanks! And I'll be sure to ride some more of your rides.

Post January 18th, 2004, 10:23 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Well, an idea if you want to see how to create inversions, is to use the prefab elements that are already saved to the game, if you use these, then you will be able to see how they are constructed. Then you can go on from there :)

Post January 18th, 2004, 11:29 am

....to follow up gouldy's statement....TWEAK the prefabs a little, as some of them are not exactly what you'd call smooth. I usually pull the corkscrew-side control nodes at the beginning and end of corkscrews out a little, and there's one cobra roll prefab you should delete because it's not quite constructed right. Another word of warning, the prefabs don't fit together like in RCT1/2....for example, a half loop-half corkscrew will come out kind of like a severly smashed loop...you'll see what I mean if you try it, but good luck anyway!!!

Return to No Limits Coaster