Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion Need a second opinion (maybe a third)

Need a second opinion (maybe a third)

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post February 29th, 2012, 2:48 am
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,382.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
soo, i need some insight and would like the opinion of other members:

18 year old dating a 15 year old girl, she turns 16 in august, he turns 19 in september...thoughts?
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post February 29th, 2012, 2:54 am

Points on hand: 92.00 Points
Bank: 1,341.05 Points

Post February 29th, 2012, 2:54 am

california
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Post February 29th, 2012, 3:11 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

My brother is 18 and was dating a 15 year old girl until she turned 16 a few weeks ago. This being England, she is now of legal consent age, but he has still had some comments, not least of all from my mom.

When I was 17, there was a 14 year old girl who I got very close to, but I didn't do anything about it for fear of other people's ideas. I have since regretted that at times, because I really did fall for that girl and it's not like I could help how old she was.

You have to remember that the only reason any of this seems bad to anyone is because of social pressures. The legal age of consent in the US ranges from 16 to 18 (I believe?), so for an 18 year old to date a 15 year old seems morally reprehensible to most people. On the other hand, the legal consent age in Spain is 13 and an 18 year old dating a 15 year old would be the envy of his friends. There is nothing actually wrong with dating a girl of that age, apart from other people preconceived notions. However, depending on the consent age in California, your 'friend' would be a felon in the eyes of a law if it was that he did anything...

Post February 29th, 2012, 3:16 am

well, she approached this 'friend' of mine and asked him out...

and i believe in california law, as long as the two are within two years of each other, it's not considered statutory rape if they did anything. the only reason i bring this up is not because of social pressures, but because the age gap is what it is. i understand gouldy's point about other countries, and completely agree with it...
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Post February 29th, 2012, 3:50 am

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Danny, your "friend" should take into consideration the fact that "he" is going to college soon, and "he" should not be tethered to someone younger than "him" in a long-distance relationship.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post February 29th, 2012, 4:24 am

Points on hand: 1,676.00 Points
Metazoan, yes, in California, a 2 year difference is not considered "statutory rape" unless the parents or girl press charges. A 3 year gap, I'm not too sure. You may be able to find out online what the California law is. Other than that, I don't believe it to be an issue. All depends on her parents, whether he could be prosecuted or not.

Post February 29th, 2012, 11:33 am

Gerry, ujellybro?
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Post February 29th, 2012, 1:23 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points
Far from it. I just have friends who did the same thing your "friend" did. It doesn't work out ever. Just warning your "friend" about it.
Oh, were you expecting something here?

Post February 29th, 2012, 2:20 pm

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Honestly, I don't see much of a problem with it. I mean, tell your "friend" not to do anything with this girl just on the off chance that ramifications occur, but I don't think that just dating a younger girl is a problem. The only thing I could potentially foresee being an issue is when your "friend" goes off to college, and the girl is still in HS, and only a junior(?) at that. That's two years that "he" will be in college when "his" girl isn't. That'll get weird. And then if they are still together when they're both in college, "he" will be dating freshman, but as a junior. That might be weird, too.

Post February 29th, 2012, 4:31 pm

@ boneplaya: well, that really depends on whether my "friend" goes to a local school or not...

@Onjin: my "friend" is on pretty good terms with the girl's parents, and wouldn't do anything the girl wouldn't want him to do.

@Gerry: you never know, just because it didn't work out for your friends doesn't mean it wouldn't work out for mine, i know couples from my school where it worked out fine...
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Post February 29th, 2012, 4:53 pm
TheArchitect User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 501,147.00 Points
Bank: 498,048.00 Points
^exactly, i say go for it bro. Life is short man, and i know people who are 40 and married to a 30 year old, is that wrong? because to me some one going out with another 3 years younger isnt bad at all. Go for it and enjoy life, and like you say just because it didnt work for some people doesnt mean it wont for you.

Post February 29th, 2012, 5:24 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,539.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Originally posted by TheArchitect

^exactly, i say go for it bro. Life is short man, and i know people who are 40 and married to a 30 year old, is that wrong? because to me some one going out with another 3 years younger isnt bad at all. Go for it and enjoy life, and like you say just because it didnt work for some people doesnt mean it wont for you.

don't you mean, his 'friend'? [lol]

I wish more people thought like the people on this site seem to. I distinctly remember feeling very bad about my feelings for a 14 year old girl when I was 17 and could have used some support. At the time, I only told one person that I had feelings for this girl, hoping for some advice about it... but when I told my older female friend, she freaked out, said I was sick, blocked me on msn and didn't speak to me for a week [lol]. That was the last straw that made me decide I was a bad person and that I should just forget about the whole thing. As I've grown up, though, I've realised how little other people's opinions should have mattered to me.

And now, I have absolutely no problems openly admitting that I am an ephebophile, especially since research has shown that it's completely natural and is actually considered 'the norm' in males. It's not something I can help, I am just simply most physically attracted to girls between the ages of 15 and 19, as most men are, even if not consciously accepting it. People can think what they want of that, that's just the way it is [lol]

Anyway... to come back onto topic, heh, Metazoanhaddock; your 'friend' should do whatever would make them most happy. You're not alive on this earth for very long, and you're 18 for only a small percentage of that life, so enjoy it while you can.

Post February 29th, 2012, 6:16 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Originally posted by Metazoanhaddock

soo, i need some insight and would like the opinion of other members:

18 year old dating a 15 year old girl, she turns 16 in august, he turns 19 in september...thoughts?

You should be able to buy an older one with your parent's money
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post February 29th, 2012, 7:34 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

15? why would someone want to date a 15-16 year old?

Post February 29th, 2012, 7:38 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

They're dumb, annoying, and have no tits. Enjoy being forced to watch Twilight and having to listen to Gomez and Bieber duo thing lol

Post February 29th, 2012, 9:51 pm
jayman Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 3,120.00 Points

maybe you can take her to chuck-e-cheese for her birthday

Post February 29th, 2012, 10:31 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm
and have no tits.

Are you sure?
This is not my signature.

Post March 1st, 2012, 1:05 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

Quicker to appear, quicker to sag later.

Protip: 3/4 of everyone you know will get fat and preggers in 5 years time. Plan ahead.

Post March 1st, 2012, 1:48 am

Originally posted by Coasterkidmwm

They're dumb, annoying, and have no tits. Enjoy being forced to watch Twilight and having to listen to Gomez and Bieber duo thing lol

hah! good one

as if i'd go for some preppy bitch.....
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Post March 1st, 2012, 2:00 am

Points on hand: 2,736.00 Points
Don't do it. Long distance is going to suck.
Originally posted by dcs221
\nMack Daddy A113. That'll be your rap name.

Post March 1st, 2012, 10:13 am
True Addicts
True Addicts

His money will probably keep her interested and Meta seems like the cheating type that'll get it out of his system while away so it should be fine in the long run.

Post March 1st, 2012, 11:07 am

i'm really not the cheating type...
Head Moderator
Chatroom Admin

Post March 1st, 2012, 11:49 am

Points on hand: 2,063.00 Points

There is no issue I see with the age difference. Just because it is considered socially uncommon does not mean it is inherently wrong. The bigger issue in my mind is if "you" are going away to college soon. Its not the long distance thats bad (I was in a long distance for 2 years and now I am on the 5th year). The issue is being back during the initial excitement and socializing of college. I remember many kids who showed up with girlfriends back at home, and they kind of kept to themselves a little more and didnt quite get the rapid personal growth that everyone else did. And to be honest, I dont think any of them lasted very long with their girlfriends due to jealousy and misunderstandings.

Good luck!

Post March 1st, 2012, 12:22 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

Originally posted by Metazoanhaddock

i'm really not the cheating type...

You were hired as a professional snitch on this site that nobody takes seriously. It doesn't really show much character so I don't see why that wouldn't spill over into other aspects of your life. In the beginning of this thread you didn't even have the balls to say it was you. You'll do a ton of stuff and then say you were forced after narking on everyone. It won't last while you're away.

Next

Return to Off Topic Discussion